No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Westchester golf course abruptly fired 50% of its winter staff last week. It turns out all those fired were illegal aliens

Comment

• I just can't bring myself to watch the NBA, let alone that kind of basketball. The NBA is awful.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Trump's Westchester golf course abruptly fired 50% of its winter staff last week. It turns out all those fired were illegal aliens

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4314cb8f2fa7
          good. they should be prosecuted for using false papers.

Comment

• There will be more hotly contested possessions in the next week of Big Ten games than there will be in the entire NBA regular season. Teams have even figured out that they can mail in playoff games now. I agree that the athletes and what they can do is breathtaking, but that doesn't always result in a compelling product.

Comment

• hw9z7uw20uc21.jpg?width=927&auto=webp&s=fef7ba895a648146dec1597415cfeabca2c86837.jpg

Because of course she did

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                There will be more hotly contested possessions in the next week of Big Ten games than there will be in the entire NBA regular season. Teams have even figured out that they can mail in playoff games now. I agree that the athletes and what they can do is breathtaking, but that doesn't always result in a compelling product.
                I've gone to a few NBA games in New Orleans. My wife, who is a basketball fan and knows what she is watching, has gone with me. At the first game we went to she asked why they weren't playing defense and why nobody tried to get offensive rebounds.

I think regular season NBA is tough to watch. It seems to be about three and a half (maybe a bit more) quarters of good YMCA ball, really good YMCA ball, followed by about 5 minutes of intense, hard played ball. I can't watch it on TV and really only go see it live for the event more than the basketball
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I absolutely love seeing it live when there's a transcendent athlete. Derrick Rose pre-injury -- holy fuck.

Comment

• The inside story of an improbable team of divers, a near-impossible plan and the rescue of a Thai junior football team from a cave in Thailand

Anyone interested in a feature on the Thai cave rescue? This is a bit too dramatic but still a really great piece of writing.
                    Last edited by hack; January 27, 2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• He professes undying loyalty. But Stone knows Donald isnt loyal. He calls him Mr. Ingratitude.

Comment

• The NBA games featuring the top teams are great, if you follow a bad team like the Pistons you will see a lot of mail ins. Last night's Warriors/Celtics game was great, Curry is amazing.
                        Last edited by froot loops; January 27, 2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• This is a helpful story to have a more accurate understanding of the 58,00 ILLEGALS IN TEXAS VOTED claims that are popping up in the right wing internet and Trump himself is now helping to spread.

The list compiled by the Texas secretary of state contains 95,000 names. It’s unclear exactly how many of those individuals are not actually U.S. citizens and whether that number will be available in the future.

1) The State of Texas is NOT claiming 58,000 illegals voted (well, their far-right Governor and AG are sort of implying it, but no, even they aren't stating it definitively). What the state is actually saying is that 58,000 people supposedly applied for drivers licenses and ID cards over the course of 26 years and marked non-citizen on their applications. Those people later ended up voting at some point.

2) The State has no clue if those votes were actually illegal. They are sending the list of names down to the counties to try and match them up and make that determination.

3) For instance, if someone marked 'non-citizen' when they applied for a drivers license and the state never got notification that they were now a naturalized citizen, this person would've been flagged on the list as 'suspicious'.

4) The state itself acknowledges that the names are "weak matches". Meaning they aren't completely sure that the "Hector Gonzlaez" who applied for Drivers license is the same "Hector Gonzalez" who later voted.

Comment

• This is classic disinformation and propaganda being spewed in support of 's Vanity Wall. I guess its a sad indictment of conservatives in general that the right wing media and talking heads believe their followers are so stupid and gullible that they believe that sort of nonsense.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• They are. This thread is proof
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• i personally know a lot of citizens that mark themselves down as non citizens when obtaining their drivers licenses. happens all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X