No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course the talking point that we hear about late term abortions, are mainly due to viability or deformity are complete bullshit, surprise surprise

from the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute

DyMADHGXQAILgRg.jpg

Comment

• Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 30, 2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• someone hacked the discovery database that Mueller shared with the defense attorney. Must have been ordered by Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          someone hacked the discovery database that Mueller shared with the defense attorney. Must have been ordered by Trump.
          There are persons and entities yet to be charged in the Mueller investigation.

Comment

• Chuck Grassley says he wants the aluminum and steel tariffs lifted before holding any vote on Trump's "new" NAFTA plan

Comment

• Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA) is leading a charge to pass legislation that would make it impossible for Trump to unilaterally declare tariffs using a 'national security' justification.

Other Republicans who have sponsored the bill: Ron Johnson (WI), Pat Moran (KS), James Lankford (OK), Ben Sasse (NE), and Lamar Alexander (TN). I imagine quite a few others support it as well.

Comment

• Imagine that... Texas Officials Begin Walking Back Allegations About Noncitizen Voters

• Facebook
                • Twitter
                • Flipboard
                • Email

January 30, 20193:13 PM ET
                ASHLEY LOPEZ

FROMKUT 90.5

People lined up to vote early at a Houston polling place in October 2018.

Loren Elliott/Getty Images

Texas officials are taking a step back on their claim they found 95,000 possible noncitizens in the state's voter rolls. They say it is possible many of the people on their list should not be there.
                In a statement Tuesday, the Texas Secretary of State's office said they "are continuing to provide information to the counties to assist them in verifying eligibility of Texas voters."

Last Friday, Texas Secretary of State David Whitley sent an advisory to local registrars asking them to look at their voter rolls. Whitley said his office flagged the names of 95,000 people who at one point in the past 22 years had identified as noncitizens with the Texas Department of Public Safety. In that timespan, officials said, they also registered to vote.

Voting rights groups have said the state's list is likely a list of naturalized citizens who recently got the right to vote.
                The state has provided little information about the methodology it used to compile the list, which has concerned both local election officials and voting rights groups.

"I don't know how they crafted their list," said Travis County's Tax Assessor-Collector Bruce Elfant, who manages the county's voter rolls.

Elfant says he's been holding off contacting voters on the original list of alleged noncitizens that the state gave him. He says the list had the names of about 4,500 people who live in Travis County, which includes the city of Austin and its suburbs.

On Tuesday, he said told state and other local officials that they should remove a group of voters who were erroneously on their first list

"The list will shrink significantly from the original 4,500 we received," he said

Elfant said it's unclear how large the new number will be or whether the updated list will be any more reliable. "It would have nice if they would have vetted this more carefully before they sent it out to the election administrators," he says. "But it is what it is, I am glad they gave us guidance yesterday because it's going to be less...difficulty for valid voters."

180,000 names. After local officials combed through it, only 85 people were removed from the rolls.

The focus on possible voting violations comes as Texas lawmakers have just begun their legislative session. One bill under consideration would require people to show proof of citizenship when they register to vote.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT- In just Harris County alone, the state of Texas has already corrected itself and said instead of 29,000 'suspicious votes' it's a list of under 12,000. Over 26 years. Under 500 a year. That's without doing any real investigation, just eliminating duplicates and things like that.

Imagine that. The Far Right Governor and AG announce to great fanfare they've discovered all these illegal voters and the government, later and much more quietly, admits that yeah, most of the names on the list are probably wrong.

Comment

• Not to many people on the road.

51039850_2041880295848924_5881550407238418432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=53249d23b81be1eab066ca1c1957a27a&oe=5CF5260E.jpg

Comment

• DSL:

Who is your way too early vote going for in D primary?
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Legendary character actor Dick Miller died today, age 91. Dude was in a gazillion movies from the 50's through the 90's but especially Roger Corman stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          DSL:

Who is your way too early vote going for in D primary?
                          If he's around I will probably vote Biden otherwise maybe Harris. Warren can't win. Bernie's too old (not that Biden isn't either). I don't really know much about Beto

I guess if Sherrod Brown actually makes it that far I'd consider him but man, that guy doesn't exactly strike me as presidential material. I'd be ok with Klobuchar only I don't think she stands much chance against strong personalities.

Some people are throwing Michael Bennet's name out there now but I don't know if he has any genuine buzz outside Twitter

Comment

• Dick Miller in The Terminator selling firearms to Arnold (classic)

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• there goes 11,000 dem votes in Pennsylvania
                                A top Pennsylvania lawmaker called on the state Wednesday to immediately expunge the names of 11,198 noncitizens whom the state confirmed are registered to vote, despite not being eligible.

Comment

Working...
                                X