Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    4 consecutive quarters of average 3% growth does not mean they are claiming 4 years of 3 percent growth. Duh.

Geezer posted something that didn't have all of Obama's quarterly growth, I wonder why. Here is a powerpoint from the treasury giving the other years.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-ce...omicGrowth.pdf

Using the stats given on that link, lets see the math. I see 5 for Obama. Do your math and show me where I'm wrong as I'm not sure on their methodolgy.

Q3-09 - Q2-10 - 3.3 percent average growth
    Q4-09 - Q3-10 - 3.5 percent average growth
    Q1-10 - Q4-10 - 3.12 percent average growth
    Q2-14 - Q1-15 - 3.8 percent average growth
    Q3-14 - Q415 - 3.35 percent average growth

I see 2 under Trump
    Q4-17 - Q3-18 - 3.03 percent average growth
    Q1-17 - Q4-18 - 3.1 percentage groqwth

If q1 2019 comes in at least 1.8 percent growth, that will be the third stretch under Trump
    Froot: What I posted was the first thing that came up on Google. I have no clue where you came up with your source.

I think all here know that the first two years or so of Obama were recessionary (I know, it technically ended in March of 2009, but the effects lingered on the real economy). More important, the recession of 2008-2009 was "treated" with" two major monetary "injections". One was the $ 780 billion Stimulus. The other was the sundry bailout of major corporations (I've never heard the final amount on that). Both caused a "one-time" spike in GDP.

Of course, most of this mess was CAUSED by the Community Redevelopment Act of the 1990s. So, in a sense, the government was paying (using our money) for a policy "mistake".
    Last edited by Da Geezer; February 28, 2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Look at the link, figure it out, it came from the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Its tedious because you are having trouble comprehending there can be overlapping cycles, in what they are trying to claim. . What you are saying the statement should say approximating the following:

Obama had growth of 3%+ over 4 consecutive quarters at least 4 different times seperately

This way, they can claim one quarter over the 4 quarter average once but that's not what your statement says that you can't comprehend.

Again you prove your standing as an utter POS by the following statement.

"You folks on welfare may not have felt it, but the working population certainly did."

That is your standard bullshit response to getting your bullshit thrown back in your face, accuse someone being on welfare. You are a miserable ass.
        Lordy.

So "four different times" means something other than "four separate times" ( which gives us your formulation of "4 consecutive quarters at least 4 different times separately". And there are "overlapping cycles". Please continue professor.

State grads need not have an inferiority complex. They are indeed inferior.
        Last edited by Da Geezer; February 28, 2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• You don't need to be a professor to understand that. It isn't that hard, when growth comes in at 2 percent in 1Q 2019, the White House certainly isn't going to refrain from touting another 4 consecutive quarters of 3 percent average growth. It's the metric they are flogging.

Comment

• Waste of time. You're arguing with a

269206864.jpg

Last edited by CGVT; February 28, 2019, 03:27 PM.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Indeed, I should be growing the ignore list

Comment

• Israel's AG intends to indict Netanyahu on corruption and bribery charges. No wonder hes been begging for help from the most despicably racist corners of Israeli politics lately

The attorney general intends to indict Benjamin Netanyahu on bribery, fraud and breach of trust charges.

Comment

• Re-posting this because the usual suspects here harped loudly on how CNN was 'tipped off" by Mueller's team. Have yet to hear any of them comment on how that argument just failed miserably in federal court.

Also, Kapture must be really excited because Roy Moore says he just might run for Senate again in 2020.

Roy Moore, a conservative lightning rod who cost the Republican Party a Senate seat in deep-red Alabama, is signaling fresh interest in mounting another campaign in 2020, sparking alarm on the Right that Democratic Sen. Doug Jones could be gifted another unlikely victory. Moore, 72, a former state judge, made the rounds at last Friday’s

Comment

• Shudder to imagine Oral Roberts' fundraising abilities given today's crowdfunding capacity.

Comment

• Here is the pertinent section of that motion so crash can digest it.

Thus, no hearing on a motion to show cause is necessary. Defendant appears to have recognized this after his motion was filed, and so in his reply, he emphasizes a different ground for his allegation that the OSC violated a court order(FL: emphasis mine)

So basically Stone knew this was BS but peddled the conspiracy because there is an audience for it willing to believe.

Comment

• I never thought the indictment was compromised

I always thought the local law enforcement community consisting of a task force of 23 officers tipped off CNN

Comment

• I mean an operation that big somebody inside police headquarters told cnn stone was getting nailed

and likely those 23 officers crashng into stone's house at 6 am was a little overkill meant to have a media affect

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                            I mean an operation that big somebody inside police headquarters told cnn stone was getting nailed

and likely those 23 officers crashng into stone's house at 6 am was a little overkill meant to have a media affect
                            Ok. The day before he was arrested I said that Mueller's grand jury was in session that thursday. They normally only convene on fridays. Every other time they've shown up on a thursday, someone got indicted the next day. Roger Stone's indictment had been anticipated for months beforehand. If someone like me can be "in the know" just by following some educated court reporters on twitter, so can CNN. CNN's even said they sent someone to wait outside another person's home in the event they were getting arrested (that one didn't pan out). There doesn't have to be a grand conspiracy behind everything.

Comment

• Whoa nellie, Trump ordered John Kelly to grant Jared Kushner top secret security clearance over the objection of the intelligence agencies and White House Counsel, Don McGahn.

Kelley was so troubled by the demand that he penned a memo at the time to clarify that that the clearance was being granted solely under order from the President.

Simultaneously, Don McGahn also wrote a memo detailing his objections and that he had recommended that Kushner NOT be given top secret security clearance

Trump has repeatedly claimed that he played no role in his son-in-law getting the security clearance. The memos described by the Times suggest otherwise.

The president overruled concerns from intelligence officials and the top White House lawyer about giving his son-in-law access to sensitive information.

Comment

• Time to get a hearing started.

Comment

Working...
                                X