No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know. The White House is a real life version of Idiocracy. We have taken "anyone can be President" way too far.

Then again, perhaps I should view Trump as a demonstration that democracy actually functions in this country. We've had nation founding heroes serve as President (Washington) and now a moral degenerate and unrepentant traitor serve (Trump). This administration indisputably demonstrates that the American electorate is no wiser than the "3rd world shit holes" whines about.
    Last edited by Ghengis Jon; March 17, 2019, 10:16 AM.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I can't find any issues with this position. Feel pretty much the same. I don't think I'd have a problem with Muslims to state or local elected official. US federal judge, executive branch, rep or senator sworn to uphold the US Constitution? Yes.

This is pretty straight forward stuff......

........it is the mainstream doctrine of shariah that constitutes the threat to the U.S. Constitution and the freedoms it enshrines. That incompatibility has several practical implications: For one thing, the shariah legal code cannot be insinuated into America - even through stealthy means or democratic processes - without violating the Constitution's Article VI Supremacy Clause, which requires that the Constitution "shall be the supreme Law of the land."

......... based on shariah's tenets, its core attributes - especially its intolerance of other faiths and disfavored populations and its bid for supremacy over all other legal or political systems, there can be no confusion on this score: As the Framers fully understood, shariah is an enemy of the United States Constitution. The two are incompatible.

Those on the left have insidiously contested that sharia law IS compatible with the US Constitution and when confronted with the wrongheadedness of this position lash out with the usual insinuations that folks who say they are wrong are racists.

The U. S. Constitution and Sharia Law Throughout the history of this world there really have only been two kinds of law. We have given these systems of law very descriptive and easy names to remember. They are Rulers' Law and People's Law. Every legal system can fit under one of these two broad banners. Under Ruler's L

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Muslims are, by and large, given a pass for their doctrine by the left. Imagine how the left would view a sect of the Southern Baptists who espoused the same doctrine as Islam.

And, for that matter, the right gives the fundamental Christians a pass, too.

They have the right to believe whatever they want, but they do not need to be in office where their religious zealotry clouds their decisions for the rest of the citizenry.

ymmv
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It gets a little dicey with fundamental Christians regarding the question of their capacity as elected federal official to uphold the US Constitution. For example, I may not like the hard right's anti-abortion stance but it remains a basic tenant of the Christian faith .... IOW, that position isn't one that conflicts with the US Constitution. A devout Muslim, OTH, who takes a position of intolerance to other faiths and the supremacy of Islam over other legal or political systems - a basic tenant of the Islamic faith - is in contradiction of it.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think the key word in my statement about Christians is "fundamental". It has been my experience that they very much have an intolerance of other faiths and are for legislating for all to follow the precepts, tenets, and dogma they believe their imaginary bearded sky-dad has decreed.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I know we crack Irish jokes but...this is the GOP's official account. This is literally the only mention of St. Patrick's Day they've posted.

The second tweet, from Doug Stafford, is Rand Paul's chief advisor.

Comment

• The GOP thought it would be hilarious to promote Irish stereotypes of drunkenness, on St. Patrick's Day, in order to get a cheap dunk in on Beto who's unlikely to sniff the nomination anyways.

Comment

• Trump makes it so pathetically obvious that if he's not outside DC, he's mainly watching Fox all day.

In the first tweet he's attacking the union local President for the Lordstown, Ohio plant. GM's closing the plant if you haven't heard, and taking away close to 2,000 of the best jobs in the Mahoning Valley part of the state. Trump's, who takes credit for every single job added since 2017, is desperate to avoid any blame for these jobs going away. Very inconvenient for his messaging. First instance of him attacking the union. I imagine the local President recently said something negative about Trump? (how dare he!)

No idea what he specifically saw today to make him attack Arthel Neville and Leland Vittert but it's true those two are not full-on sycophant in the manner Trump demands. Intolerable. And also, they're on a couple hours on early weekend afternoons. No duh they don't get top ratings, imbecile.

Comment

• This buffoon is the most psychologically unfit President we've had since Nixon, probably ever, and at least Nixon was very accomplished and knowledgeable when it cme to foreign policy.

Comment

• Nixon was not that bad.

Comment

• No one has been as bad as this jackass. No one.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          No one has been as bad as this jackass. No one.
                          And yet 35-40% of people are going to vote for Trump in 2020 no matter what. That is what drives me nuts when you hear the talking heads and establishment Dems keep saying well you have to try and get those Trump voters.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• There is no question that Trump is doing more damage than he's doing good.

He's right on boarder security and then he fucks that position up by insisting on "his" wall because his ego demands that position - not common sense.

The NK gamut is dead. We don't know why Trump walked - unprepared? Un got the better of him and he was embarrassed? Who knows. Fail.

Trade? Some good has come of it but not with the primary target - China. Last week, the Chinese Communist party passed a wishy-washy resolution of intentions without any significant concessions regarding how foreigners do business in China without handing their trade secrets and intellectual property rights over.

I don't think Trump unilaterally pulling out of the Iran Nuclear Deal or the Deal with Russia involving Tactical Nukes, as bad as the Iran deal probably was and as much as the Russians may have bent the rules, has made the world less likely to absorb a miscalculated nuclear exchange. In fact, the likelihood of such an event has been greatly enhanced by this President "Making America Great Again."

We're not going to know of the impact of the level of sweeping deregulation Trump has ordered for years to come. It took a while to get the kinds of consumer protection and banking regulations that had teeth in place. Although I don't understand all the details or what stays and what goes, my sense is that the outcome is not going to be good based on how irrationally Trump seems to act and without much thought of the consequences but only of his campaign rhetoric as a basis for undertaking "reform" in the regulatory arena.

His tweeting from a head of state is unmatched in it's stupidity and boarders on dangerous. I'm not sure, on that basis alone, Pelosi shouldn't entertain impeachment contrary to what she has said that she won't - too divisive. Trump is divisive both nationally and internationally. Moreover, there is enough now, or there will be, sufficient evidence that crimes were committed for sure while he was campaigning and probably as a sitting president to indict. The question of indicting a sitting president, outside of initiating impeachment proceedings, looms large. Precedent is against that but if such indictments are supported by the evidence, the ball is in Pelosi's court as well, later, Mitch McConnel's.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 17, 2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• He's mad at the union; he's mad at GM. He doesn't care what happens just keep the plant open! Because I said so! I don't know how, just do it!!!!

Comment

• Even by Trump's standards, this has been a hell of a day on Twitter (and a hell of a weekend -- bad weather means no golf I guess)

* He's tweeted 13 times and retweeted 15 other items
                                * He attacked Saturday Night Live and suggested the FCC ought to investigate them for...well, something
                                * He attacked the Christopher Steele, the Dossier, and the Mueller probe
                                * He attacked John "Last in his Class" McCain for the second time this weekend
                                * He retweeted a sycophant's attack on Meghan McCain for defending her dad
                                * He attacked FoxNews for suspending Judge Jeanine, a trash human being who was briefly a local judge.
                                * He attacked FoxNews because some of their afternoon hosts don't fawn over him enough (he's used to the morning and primetime programming)
                                * He boasted about vetoing the 'national emergency' bill
                                * He attacked the local union President in Lordstown because the man said Trump needs to keep his campaign promises. Unforgivable. Then he attacked the company President for making Trump look bad. Unforgivable
                                * He said Senators who show obedience, kiss his ring, and bend the knee will be loved like never before in their home states.

Comment

Working...
                                X