No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Trump's 5-minute diversion of ranting, whining, and complaining about John McCain. Note the crowd boos Hillary but never once McCain, no matter how much Trump's clearly fishing for it. The part about being upset that McCain's family weren't grateful enough that he stayed away from the funeral, or gave McCain a state funeral, is near the end of the clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      nah its like anything else

the more money you have the better your care

just aquestion whether those paying for medical care for all decide having their business in this county is worth it

hers a pretty good stat though

Employers posted 7.6 million open jobs in January, close to November's record, signaling businesses are still hiring

you would think that would drive wages up

you would think people would offer better benefits to get their jobs filled

translating better medical benefits

sure like to give the present economic boom a chance and see if we can cut this deficit

why rock the boat by introducing multi trillion dollar government programs

ultmimnately if we can create more winners then ;losers we are doing well. 7/10 americans think we are

keep the present economics as they are
      For-profit health costs more and delivers less. I don't know what all that other stuff is you're going on about, but it doesn't have to be complicated.

Comment

• McCain really did a number on that fool. It is like John Adams muttering to himself in the fields about the injustices done to him during the presidency, the big difference is Adams was very smart.

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            McCain really did a number on that fool. It is like John Adams muttering to himself in the fields about the injustices done to him during the presidency, the big difference is Adams was very smart.
            Please, never, ever compare Trump to John Adams again.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The comparison about him muttering is apt.

Comment

• AA...you remind me of Trump
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• AA, I understand the financial pressures on rural hospitals - an important, maybe all important aspect of health care delivery whose existence is threatened by big hospital corporations. I worked in the ER of one. I saw it flip back and forth between alliances and attempts at stand-alone operations. They never had enough money, hired shitty, poorly qualified hospitalists and finally did not renew the contract with the company I worked for due to costs and all of us were gone. Some re-hired at substantially lower levels of compensation by another company who low-ball bid the contract at renewal time. The place is still running. I don't know how.

Interestingly, the piece I linked to above about states moving to Medicare reimbursement rates for state employees, if it takes hold, will bust most rural hospitals who depend on private insurance to survive. While in NC a week ago, a state moving twords this reimbursement model, there were non-stop commercials saying don't let our Rural Hospital die. Call your representative and stop them from doing this. The commercials told you no details but the commercial sponsor, in small print that took me about 5 runs of the commercial to see who was sponsoring them ,,,,,, ding, ding a hospital lobby association. Look, the whole reimbursement thing is a mess, full of corruption and we are made to believe it can't be fixed. Bull-shit. It can. Only lobbyists and political will are stopping the fixing.

Froot, I think you know this ...... the ACA tried, through the insurance exchanges, to get that industry in a less controlling position with regard to reimbursements. It failed and due in part to the exchanges getting undermined by various provisions of the law put in place by Congressmen in bed with insurance and hospital industry big wigs. The key to controlling costs in HC delivery is (1) getting the insurance industry out of the first payor role. (3) Putting the health care consumer into that role and eliminating employer provided HC insurance. (2) Making charges for health care services transparent for the consumer. (3) Making health insurance available to those that want to pay for it using the same kind of risk assessments that insurers use for issuing life insurance polities. (4) Make government subsidies for high risk populations available.

It sounds drastic and probably is but some of this could be legislated with strong leadership in Washington ..... sorely lacking at the moment. Frankly, the state's aren't doing very well either. Each state has it's own regulatory agencies for the insurance industry leading to a patch-work sort of regulation. The notion of legislating regulatory authority in Washington might find that approach running into states rights stuff. Incrementalism could work if it were thought out properly.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Why in the name of George Mikan do I have to search for TruTV like Indiana Jones looking for the chalice of Christ in some hidden cave every March?

I have 300 channels but only watch 6 of them.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And why, if the team is not "good" enough to get into the real tourney and has to play its way in, does it play for an 11 seed? Shouldn't they be playing for the 16 regardless of the automatic bids to minor conferences?
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This story should anger you. I'm amazed that this prosecutor was given six chances to prosecute this man for the same crime, even after the first three verdicts were all thrown out for prosecutorial misconduct. For the final of 6 trials there were 42 possible black jurors. This prosecutor struck down 41 of the 42.

Alito seemed amazed that the State of Mississippi could claim, after all the misconduct that occurred in the previous 5 trials, that the 6th and final trial (for the same crime) was perfectly fair.

Supreme Court Justices Seem Incredulous At Repeated Racial Bias In Jury Selection

In a Mississippi death penalty case, the justices were skeptical of the way the state picked and dismissed black jurors and appeared ready not to uphold the conviction.

Comment

• I think the ACA was the best effort you were going to get to try and streamline some of the stuff you talk about. The markets have somewhat stabilized but they definitely aren't the free market marketplace envisioned. At a high level having a robust market of insurance companies competing like a regular business doesn't make sense, insurance companies want the biggest pool possible with a lot of healthy patients.

Comment

• Single payer. Eliminate the insurance companies.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump says Lordstown plant could've been kept open if the union had lowered its dues, which is nonsensical

https://www.cleveland.com/politics/2...p-in-lima.html
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 20, 2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• can't afford single payer. the reason all other countries can is because they rely on us for their protection, they don't need a big military. we can't afford it, it really should be the end of the conversation.

John McCain was a total piece of shit. I'm glad he's gone.

and finally, the only reason we are talking about popular vote, supreme court stacking and voting age is because Democrats act like toddlers when they lose, they want to change the rules. fucking losers.
                                Last edited by Kapture1; March 20, 2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X