No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NPR report on this seems to suggest that Mueller may have provided the basis for an indictment of Trump based on criminal activity outside the scope of his investigation. i.e., his business activities. It would have been within his charter to pursue leads outside the allegation that Trump coordinated his campaign with Purtin but he's not going to indict. Not his job. It's the job of Congress to indict via impeachment proceedings. He punted if that is the case.

I also think if there is a basis for an indictment this will become public knowledge unless Barr can find some legal protection that would allow him to seal it. I'm not at all sure how this could be done in Trump's case. talent?
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Stunning. Stunning. I guess there should be an investigation into the Mueller investigation.
        That will uncover the Deep State.

Hey, this report also conclusively says that Russia hacked the DNC and Hillary Clinton. Guess that destroys the Seth Rich conspiracy theories once and for all, doesn't it?

Comment

Comment

• Was looking for you to maybe agree and say yep, that right-wing conspiracy theory is trash.

Comment

Comment

• Oh, cool. The Rich stuff is trash. To state the obvious.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Probably not an impeachable offense but still a political one."Comey refused to clear an innocent man" can just as easily be portrayed as "Trump commanded Comey to shut down an investigation that had barely begun and fired him when he wouldn't". Again, wunderkind Kushner is largely credited with being the big brain behind: firing Comey = make everything bad go away.

But I agree that any impeachment is a pipe dream and Pelosi knows this. Even if there's financial stuff uncovered. Practically speaking there's simply not enough time between now and 2020 to do all that, so if you want Trump gone, beat him at the polls.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• I'd also argue that for the most part impeachment is NOT the premier issue that the Dems campaigning for President are talking about. It's more an obsession for Dem media and us political junkies here, and countering the Dem overreaction is an obsession with conservative media.

Comment

• Which is why I say it's a political question whether you think the President of the US is abusing his fully legal powers when he orders the DOJ to stop an investigation he opposes because he "knows he is innocent". If you think it IS a an abuse of power, stop him at the polls next time.

Comment

• Correct. Beat him in 2020. Only legitimate way to do it.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Stunning. Stunning. I guess there should be an investigation into the Mueller investigation.
                              nope, its the democrat's turn under the microscope

Comment

• I used "may" not NPR. Obvious he's not going to get indicted by Mueller or anyone else while he's in office. I also understand the Inpeachment process. The question I wanted to pose was is there a way for Barr to "seal" ( maybe the wrong term) the basis for an indictment of Trump so he's protected until a Grand Jury - in this case I think the House serves that purpose in an impeachment proceeding - actually indicates or doesn't.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X