Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I would love to know where PDJT said anything about quid quo pro. Would love it. And so when I call you on your bullshit fantasyland worst case scenario the only possible response is this:

LOL indeed.

Try being serious. For even a little bit.
    Add Jonah Goldberg to your list of Ahabs who are stupid alarmists that lack your impeccable judgment and good taste as pertains to politicians and plum brandy.

Comment

• I thought you were "[d]one with this"? I still can't find an response to my point, but whatever. I know by now not to hold my breath.

Semi-related since Mr. Goldberg was brought up:

Someone in response to the Trump hotel stuff:

"These 22 foreign governments have spent less at all Trump properties COMBINED than Bill Clinton received from a Russian bank for one speech while his wife was Secretary of State."

To which the esteemed Mr. Goldberg replies:

"I think the Trump hotel stuff is a legit story. But this is a good point. The media's selective outrage is on of the reasons why Trump's anti-media message resonates."

Indeed. One can be quite critical of PDJT without setting sail on the Pequod.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• To reiterate:

At the very least he just sent out feelers to every country on the planet that
        I would love to know where PDJT said anything about quid quo pro. Would love it. And so when I call you on your bullshit fantasyland worst case scenario the only possible response is this:

lol Done with this. You live, breathe, and die to pwn the Gentry progs. Nothing else matters at this point.
        LOL indeed.

Comment

• Really got under your skin today. Deep down it bothers you to leap to Trumps defense.

LoL indeed.

Comment

• I tried. The white flag is up. No response. Sail on.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I tried. The white flag is up. No response. Sail on.

Comment

• There will be some new outrage today, this will go away. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, Trump is a pathological liar but he told the truth when he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose a supporter.

Comment

• I hate to lose a substantive point in my depantsing of Ahab over a trivial issue -- well, trivial in that the "outraged" Ds will do fuck all about it. So, it's nothing substantively and nothing politically. But, this is something:

Yeah, but I suspect that a lot of people in the country would be delighted to pay more in taxes if they had comprehensive health care as a human right. I live 50 miles away from the Canadian border. You go to the doctor any time you want. You don't take ought your wallet. You have heart surgery, you have a heart transplant and you come out of the hospital and it costs you nothing. Your kids in many countries around the world can go to the public colleges and universities tuition-free, wages in many cases are higher. So there is a tradeoff, but at the end of the day, I think, that most people will believe they will be better off when their kids have educational opportunities without out-of-pocket expenses and when they have healthcare as a human right and they have affordable housing, when they have decent retirement security, I think most Americans will understand that is a good deal.
                  This IS the Democratic party. And they WILL be in power soon.

Comment

• Warren is cannibalizing Bernie. You need to start worrying about her.

Comment

• While Bernie speaks the truth about the D Agenda, there's Uncle Joe:

Well, shit. If voting for Biden means we cure cancer, then I'm in! I mean, what's the alternative? I'm not going to let someone question my hatred of cancer!

Comment

• I'd crawl over broken glass for Bernie, Warren or Biden to get this clown out of office regardless of any of their pie in the sky proposals.

Comment

• Warren's bump is not particularly surprising. It's easy to tell who the media is backing. Whether it's Beto, Mayor Pete or Pocahontas. https://spectator.us/medias-shameful...zabeth-warren/

The problem for the Ds is that they're all just such fantastic candidates. Tough for the media to really pick just one.

Comment

• I just tuned in. Hilarious. I'd like to add my two cents here ..... I'm glad talent has the time (at work I suppose or maybe he's on vaca) to offer classic tidbits like this:

Christ, it's like any time PDJT says ANYTHING the Ahabs imply, infer and assume the absolute worst case scenario with nary a shred of justification.

or this:

The willful dishonesty of the #GentryProgs never ceases to amaze. They, almost inconceivably, manage to one-up PDJT. But, such is life for the Ahabs.

Meanwhile, it appears Trump has squeezed the Mexicans (and probably the Guatemalans) to fucking do something about the hordes of immigrants traipsing though their country, who, by default, knock on the "welcoming" door of the US held open by those who champion dismantling the global economy because it's free trade and flow of capital inherent in it has created these asylum seekers. Non-sense.

The press predictably criticizes the president on his immigration policies and he predictably responds stupidly (the letter in his coat pocket - jeeze) while the press ignores the numbers (facts) showing that US resources to properly and safely transition these people, honor their request for asylum and process them, are not immediately available or IOW, are overwhelming C&BP. Let alone ignoring the secondary issues of the long term costs on social services those immigrants who legally or illegally get in to the country will contribute to.

....... and the markets have nearly recovered from, if not risen above, the lows precipitated by the fears of a growing trade war between the US and China. If you are paying attention, while the Trump administration is clearly walking a tight rope where success or failure of their tactics lies in the balance, this administration is the first to make serious noise about the failures of the WTO to substantially address the multiple inequities the US endures under the various treaties that this administration is trying to do something about.

Moreover, while the press champions reports on NK execution sites (duh, that's how most communists, and especially the NK brand, stay in power) and how Trump "loves" these terrible people, there is virtually no mainstream reporting on the reality of NK's or Iran's nuclear weapons programs. The reality is:

Nuclear weapons have become a core element of North Korea's and iran's national security strategy and they are unlikely to give them up.

A future North Korean or Iranian nuclear weapons force is likely to remain small and configured largely for maintaining a survivable deterrent capability.

The dangers of a nuclear-armed North Korea or Iran will place added importance on a stable security environment in Northeast Asia and the Middle East along with a stable and secure North Korean and Iranian nuclear posture.

North Korea's or Iran's efforts to develop a nuclear weapons capability will be difficult and costly; through sanctions and restrictions on technology transfer, the international community will be well served to make sure it stays that way.

So, sanctions. Right? Right..... and the international community led by The trump administration is applying those to both countries and by all accounts, they are effective. But, never mind, a vengeful Ahab continues to command the Pequod caring not for the damage he eventually does.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• PDJT is opening up concentration camps, Jeff. So, you know, shit is real bad. REAL BAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X