Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polanski is in Switzerland

The U.K. ambassador told the truth about the Trump administration—and paid the price.

Comment

• Wow. Yesterday I actually had a good customer service experience from a software company. Had a technical issue with an Adobe product. The CS rep answered on the 2nd ring (no hold time), was thorough, quick, accurate and helpful. Probably two minutes from the time I dialed to the time I hung up. Then I received a satisfaction survey where I gave the rep straight 10s and glowing remarks in the comment section. I also noted what a difference it was compared to their sales department that I affectionately referred to as a "rotting bag of fetid, useless shit". 5 minutes ago I received a request from the sales department for permission to call me in regards to feedback received. I'm shocked that Adobe's feedback doesn't go to some dead letter e-mail box like every other corporation. Then again, my comments equating of them to Comcrap may have been what pushed them over the edge.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Jon - maybe they want to offer you a position in their public relations department ...
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I had to deal with the cable company over a bad connection and it was surprisingly quick. I thought it was the ancient cable modem but it turned out to be a bad wire to the house. I had been dealing with it for a few years but rebooting the modem would fix it most of the times.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            He should have moved to France and bunked with Roman Polanski.
            heh!

Comment

• The women's soccer team plays the same game that the men's soccer players play - only better. If anything, the men should get paid less.
              -- Governor Cuomo

I'd like to offer the Governer a billion dollar wager on that fixture if it is ever played.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Documents obtained by NBC News show that poor conditions for migrant children at the border extend beyond Texas, where they were previously reported, to Yuma.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Trump said the US had a terrible automobile trade deal with South Korea. So he tore it up. His team put together a new deal. It went into effect Jan. 1

And over the first six months of the year, the trade deficit has actually gotten WORSE: it was at $7.7 B at this point last year and is currently $9.0 B. Our exports did go up 6%. But South Korea is now selling 13% more cars here than they previously did.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...he-rise-455300

Comment

• Judges in NY, CA, and MD all now agree. The DOJ lawyers working on the Census case cannot simply withdraw without even offering an explanation why

Federal judges in California, Maryland, and New York rejected DOJ’s first attempt at switching lawyers, saying the government didn’t submit enough information about the late change.

The judge in Maryland in particular was kinder & gentler about it. But he did have this to say:

does not create a clean slate for a party to proceed as if prior representations made to the Court were not in fact made. A new DOJ team will need to be prepared to address these, and other, previous representations made by the withdrawing attorneys at the appropriate juncture.

Comment

• Also, Trump won one of the two emoluments lawsuits going on. Appeals Court ruled (unanimously) that the state of Maryland and DC didn't have standing to bring the suit.

Comment

Comment

• Speaking specifically about those two or also the one being pursued by Congress?

Comment

• DeutscheBank really IS the preferred bank of scumbuckets and frauds

Mr. Epstein, facing sex-trafficking charges, has long been described as a billionaire and hailed as a financial wizard. But the source of his wealth is murky.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X