X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news for the resistance!

Comment

• Comment

• I see that Harris and Warren continue to speak the great #GentryCommunist lie about Ferguson.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Biden may have just re-elected Trump by stating he'd ban, as in no possession, assault style weapons. I imagine a lot of repubs that are sick to death with Trump fatigue will now NOT cross party lines at the top of the 2020 ticket. Maybe Biden isn't as moderate as he spins to be.

Biden said he supports universal background checks, and said assault weapons "should be illegal. Period." Asked in the interview about criticism that if elected president he would take away people's guns, Biden responded, "Bingo! You're right if you have an assault weapon." He said the Second Amendment doesn't say the government can't restrict what kind of weapons people can own -- "You can't buy a bazooka, you can't have a flame thrower," he said.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Correct ...... and we've had this discussion.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Also note that Biden, the ultimate gaff machine, is probably not aware of the importance of the definition of an assault weapon in the larger question of sensible ways to curb gun violence.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I think its incredibly stupid to say that unless he feels that there is a legitimate threat from the left wing to his drive for the nomination. The gun control crowd sees Trump in the pocket of the NRA so they aren't voting for Dear Leader no matter what Biden says. Many conservative moderates and those oh-so-valuable independent voters will not abide gun confiscation. Banning future sales and instituting buybacks is one thing, but confiscation is another. That's a line some people will stoutly oppose.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between confiscation and buybacks -- well, ok, I am -- but either way, you're without protection.

I think "assault weapon" bans are politically popular, but in an extremely partisan and regional way. I think it is probably above water in the suburbs, which is where Biden (or any D needs to win). But, it's also not a pressing issue for most folks. So, I think you can do it and not lose votes, but you need to talk about in a measured, respectful sense.You can't go all "deplorables" on the issue.

The issues that "swing" voters or "independents" are really going to care about are economic issues. *IF* the economy is still strong, then the question is going to be 4 more years of this assclown vs. D economic proposals. I really have a hard time seeing it go any other way if the economy holds. And then it's really a question of just how horrific is the shit the Ds are putting out there?

There are other issues that will affect voters, of course. The Ds may end up losing their mind on immigration and essentially do open borders with shit-ton of free stuff. God knows they WANT to do that. I'm just spitballing here, but free college and free health care for illegals probably isn't a big winner.

Comment

• I will say that I don't think the "Republicans are Racist" shit will serve the Ds well. I will say that I was getting concerning that "racist" was bantied about so often that it had lost all real meaning. The Ds and their Big Brother operation have restored a very specific meaning to Racist -- Republican. Cool.

The media keeps pressing forward with their Emmanuel Goldsteining daily hatefests, though.

Comment

• I think that people have a preconceived notion of what an "assault weapon" is, and what most people understand them to be is something that has already been banned.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 13, 2019, 08:20 AM.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• any repub other then trump with the same economy and same batch of likely opponents would win this in a landslide

Comment

Working...
                                X