Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree. Doesn't appear to be a place to avoid, if a true picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Damning report from the World Anti-Doping Agency on Russia's track program. Comes just two days before the decision will be announced if Russian track will be allowed to participate at the Olympics. It'd be pretty much a joke if they're allowed

• Testers obstructed and intimidated by Russian officials• One athlete tried to bribe a doping control officer

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I closed the link to the chapter I was talking about, but would be glad to re-find it and post a link if you would like to see it. The chapter provided a very detailed look on the subject of black market weapons and, indeed, the authorities in all regions I mentioned struggle with it.
        Yes, please post the link (or email it to me).
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Damning report from the World Anti-Doping Agency on Russia's track program. Comes just two days before the decision will be announced if Russian track will be allowed to participate at the Olympics. It'd be pretty much a joke if they're allowed

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...de-wada-report
          Given that the Olympics is a complete joke, they will be allowed to compete.

Comment

• Jon, here's the link to Chapter 4 of the on-line book Firearms and Violence, A Critical Review (2004).

Read chapter 4 Interventions Aimed at Illegal Firearm Acquisition: For years proposals for gun control and the ownership of firearms have been among the m...
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• If the anti doping agency allows Russia to compete in the Olympics, then Lance Armstrong's Tour du France victories should be reinstated, and he should be allowed to race again, if he chooses.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• uncharacteristically cogent
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Along the lines of what we've been discussing:

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2

Where do you draw the line? Nearly everything may be used as a weapon. Tim McVeigh packed a Ryder truck full of gasoline and 5000 lbs of ammonium nitrate used in agricultural fertilizer and blew up a Federal building in Oklahoma.
                    ...and there is a lot more regulation on sales of those chemical components now.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Along the lines of what we've been discussing:

Not illegal in Turkey, but if you can prove you are gay you are exempt from military services. I never met the person in charge of verification, but I imagine that would be a job none of us would want to have. Except for OP.

Comment

• And to leave Russia as neutral is a bit of a reach.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Well, look, it's a rough graphic -- it's not illegal in Turkey or Russia and "relatively neutral." And the graphic conveys a clear summary of the world re homosexuality, nitpicking aside.

Comment

• I disagree that it is nitpicking, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. I would have drawn it a bit differently, but I don't think it makes the overall point less valid.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah, well if your categories are "gay marriage/gay unions, jail or death for being gay, everything in between" then you'll have some variance in the "gray". I reckon Australia is probably way better than Turkey and Russia even though they're in the same group.

I guess the better way to view the graphic is to not even label the "gray" areas.

Comment

• Professor Buchanan,

Where do we stand on policy action to combat loan wolf terrorist attacks on US soil?

As far as I can tell over the last several hundred posts since the Orlando shooting we have collectively come up with exactly zilch. Or at least no suggestions that won't encroach on constitutional and civil rights to varying degrees. This forum has a greater amount of intelligence than Congress so I'm not hopeful that Washington will get anything done.

Comment

Working...
                                X