No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in May Donald Trump praised Janet Yellen and said raising interest rates would be a disaster. Today? He says low interest rates are "artificially low" and that Yellen is nothing but a stooge of Obama-Clinton

Comment

• Tomorrow it will be something else.

Comment

• Yeah. It's hard for me to figure out Trump on a lot of issues. It's easy for me to figure out the Rs, but, well, he's not an R.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If interest rates are artificially low it is because fiscal policy for the last 8 years has been poor. He sometimes speaks on the subject as if he doesn't actually understand the Fed and how it works.

But then you remember he is speaking to a lot of black helicopter folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Yeah. It's hard for me to figure out Trump on a lot of issues. It's easy for me to figure out the Rs, but, well, he's not an R.
            An opportunistic populist? Dunno. George Wallace's campaign is still the closest comparison, IMO, even if he's not the hardcore racist that Wallace was.

Comment

• No NCAA tourneys for any sport to be held in North Carolina this season. NCAA removing them all over the bathroom bill. Let the fury and indignation over PC America commence!

Comment

• Good for the NCAA
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I still wonder where the line re "I think I'm a chick" will be drawn. It's pretty clear it's restrooms for sure and showers according to DOJ. I can't imagine it stopping there. Trans dudes will almost certainly compete in women's sports down the road. Should be interesting.

Comment

• These "bathroom laws" aren't about the restroom. They are about legalizing discrimination in other areas.

The bathroom is a smokescreen to get people that would normally say that discrimination is a bad thing up in arms.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It has nothing to do with discrimination. That is the smokescreen. It is about controlling citizens and their thoughts in an Orwellian manner. Vee vill sell you vat you vant to sink.

It is NOT discrimination to want my child not to be in a restroom unsupervised with an adult of the opposite gender who has sexual issues. Let me issue a 'trigger warning' into your 'safe space' - get near my child and you needn't worry about 'micro-aggressions'.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yes, but we have had people of the same sex with issues who harm and abuse a child. Also, even if you suspected someone of the opposite gender was going into a restroom, how did you know? We have certainly never performed genitalia checks on people of dubious identity.

Research has not identified a link between trans and pedophilia or trans and sexual assault. In the scheme of things, this just isn't an issue of real concern to me.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• CVGT:

I understand the law is overbroad. However, if it were narrowly drawn to say that restrooms shall be used by folks of the same biological sex then we'd still have the same outrage. There is no fucking doubt.

Moreover, I'd suggest you read the DOJ's "Dear Colleague" letter to Colleges on the subject. It's bathrooms. It's showers. Last year a dude challenged a Texas HS decision that he couldn't play women's sports.

Anyway, the inexorable march down the "unigender" road is on. I'm just curious to see where it stops.

Comment

• The march is on even though there is absolutely no public mandate for it. It is another case of a kook minority ramming their agenda down the throat of the silent majority.

Comment

• Really tho...for guys, wouldn't this be a win? Women's restrooms are like spas compared to ours...clean, big stalls, with couches and shit. Thats the rumor anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Honestly, the Rubicon was crossed when they let TommIE play men's sports. Only a matter of time before this finally happened. Thanks a shit ton, Dr. Tom.

Comment

Working...
                                X