No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain the swamp by hiring one of the architects of the financial crisis!

Comment

• LOL*100. THIS is what an undue regulatory burden looks like:

Comment

• The Alt Right is going to flip out over Munchin and Romney (if he's the one)

Comment

• It's a sad state of affairs when you are rooting for the Mittster to grovel for Secretary of State. But here we are. We need to impress upon Don King and Fabio to counsel Trump in the best way possible.

Comment

• Can we stop calling those people alt right???

Comment

• Grammar nazi: "alt-write". Cheap punchline; barely worth it.

Comment

• Ha

Comment

• Gotta say, listening to Trump go after flag-burning has had, to date, one predictable result: the left (and others) citing the Supreme Court case that enshrined that act as protected by the First Amendment. Good on them, I say. It's obviously true the Supreme Court ruled as such. However, the real chuckle I get is reading the same people argue that Citizens United -- a First Amendment, free speech case -- should be overturned. The irony. Goddamn, Trump, his troll game is on point.

The second predictable outcome is that the nutjob protestors are, IMO, likely to take up flag-burning in response to Trump's tweet to "prove him wrong." Like so many puppets dancing on a fucking string. He owns the shit out of those clowns.

Unfortunately, he isn't running message board smack. He's the goddamn President-elect. So, yeah -- great troll game, but not exactly presidential.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Is there a lot of flag burning going on or is this a preemptive strike?
                    Last edited by froot loops; November 30, 2016, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• I think there was something on TV yesterday and it was likely a stream of consciousness post.

If I were giving him credit for being an evil mastermind, then it's yet another brilliant effort to pivot attention. And if he gets the protesters to actually start burning flags it really works well for him.

I wish I could attribute brilliant malice to him, but I stick more with buffoonery.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I wish I could attribute brilliant malice to him, but I stick more with buffoonery.
                        Yeah, this.

Comment

• He pivoted to that on twitter after claiming the popular vote was stolen from him. I'm in the camp that if there's one thing he knows how to do well, it's to yank the chains of the type of people who voted for him.

Comment

• Yep, we are pretty much going to have to ignore the rantings if the angry Internet commenter in chief. The election is over, there is nothing to be gained by railing against his idiocy. The more he distracts with this nonsense, the less you pay attention to some of the GOP dream agenda getting pushed through.

Unfortunately it's not just the left being played, the media buys into the madness. Even if you focus on the policy, there is no guarantee they talk about it when they grab eyeballs with the latest tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Yep, we are pretty much going to have to ignore the rantings if the angry Internet commenter in chief. The election is over, there is nothing to be gained by railing against his idiocy. The more he distracts with this nonsense, the less you pay attention to some of the GOP dream agenda getting pushed through.

Unfortunately it's not just the left being played, the media buys into the madness. Even if you focus on the policy, there is no guarantee they talk about it when they grab eyeballs with the latest tweet.
                              Yeah. CNN was discussing the flag-burning tweets as being distractions this morning...then proceeded to talk about flag burning for another three minutes.

:facepalm:

Comment

• Another example: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/bu...=top-news&_r=0

I count this as progress. They are covering it, but with a skeptical eye. The ``we're asking a question we know the answer to'' type of headline combined with the ``covering ourselves'' approach. Hopefully that's a transition approach. They know of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X