Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    geography nerd

Obviously crossing the Missouri river each day does not equate to being a world traveler.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Obviously crossing the Missouri river each day does not equate to being a world traveler.
      Its "Heartland" now. Farmboy like you should know better.

Welcome to post-1994...

Comment

• It's flyover, boys.

Comment

• STFU

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            froot..

I think she ran a horrible campaign. It has to be considered a huge upset that she blew. Trump was horrible and she still loss.

I'd put this up there with Tom Osborne losing the governors race.
            My point isn't whether she ran a great campaign or not, obviously it was flawed. You can still run a bad campaign and win, they took the Midwest for granted. Like I have said before, there is a little too much overinterpretation. This wasn't some wave election. It was the most glaring thing that has been missed in a lot of the analysis, you actually have to campaign in a state you want to win, especially if the opposition is actively campaigning.

Michigan was eminently winnable, but she had weakness here in the primary and the polling in Michigan is known to be crap. She very nearly treated this state like California.

Comment

• That's why you need political correctness. They can get it at home, but if they don't get it outside the home, that's something they can think about. A good number of them will make the right decision. You measure progress in generations.
              We do not need political correctness. And we don't need any other form of censorship. Why doesn't the left counter the arguments of the right with their own arguments? Just listen to yourself and imagine if those who disagree with you were trying to impose thought and language control on you.

Comment

• Political correctness isn't censorship or thought control. It's not illegal to say any specific words or think any specific thoughts. You can blow it up into some rights issue all you want, but we're just talking about basic civility.

Not sure there's a point in going on about it though, if that's genuinely how you feel. I've said before and would again that I think there's little point in arguing ethics here. We can talk about facts and stats much more successfully than we can compare values systems.
                Last edited by hack; December 9, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• How do you argue that grabbing women by the pussy is bad? How is that even an argument?
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Political correctness isn't censorship or thought control. It's not illegal to say any specific words or think any specific thoughts. You can blow it up into some rights issue all you want, but we're just talking about basic civility.
                    You were discussing it in terms of letting the "old racists" die off, and hoping the youth would install your brave new world. To that point, political correctness is rampant in the educational system. There are literally hundreds of examples of thought control and censorship, particularly in grades K-6.

Comment

• maybe the term political correctness should be tossed out the window and replace with "be less of an asshole, asshole.."

Comment

• Or douche bag. I prefer people be less douche bags. That's all it means.

Comment

• I think Geezer will be happy to know that the Political Correctness he despises is on the wane since Trump's election especially in the schools.

In the wake of Donald Trump’s election, reports of racist incidents are emerging from the nation’s schools and universities, including students who chanted “white power” and…

MAGA

Comment

• Trump nominating yet another Goldman Sachs exec to a prominent position in his Administration.

Oh and he told the union members t the Indy Carrier plant that they should do less talking and more working and be thankful at least some are keeping their jobs.

Cuz he's all about Main Street, not Wall Street. For reals.

Comment

• What is surprising to me is how many Goldman Sachs execs he's using.. especially since GS appeared to be pro-Hillary

Comment

• Steve Bannon himself worked at Goldman Sachs for like a decade.

The new Treasury Secretary worked not only for Goldman but also the most evil man in the world: GEORGE SOROS.

The Alt Right is starting to freak out. They seem to be even more upset over the Hardee's guy up for Sec. of Labor. Cuz he's been vocally pro-immigrant and pro-amnesty in the past. Other folks who are experts on work visas and bringing in cheap foreign labor are part of his transition teams.

Puzder (Hardee's) may actually turn out to be unpopular enough to sink his nomination. Both the Right and the Left have reasons to seriously dislike him. But, hey, he was one of Trump's biggest donors and supporters, and as part of 'drain the swamp', it's time to reward the guys with the deep pockets.

Comment

Working...
                                X