No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geeze, not being argumentative but the stuff you are talking about, SAP, has a very broad application. For example, it will have application to proprietary information the government might be dealing with regarding a particular vendor they are doing business with. You'd like to hang this on a violation of the Espionage Act but again, a high bar to cross.

In support of Jon, he has the entire report. I'd not be surprised he's read most of it. If he's telling us that nothing in the time frame that is in question with regard to Hillary's emails was classified, I'd have to believe that.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Geezer, keep it up. On the question of Hillary I completely agree with you. There was a book about her in the early 90s by Barbara Olson (died in the 9/11 attacks) entitled "Hell to Pay" which was an early alert to what was to come. Then her ultra-secret task force on healthcare reform further confirmed my views of a woman obsessed with power and secrecy. A recent book "Queen of Chaos" brings all this up to date. We all know about Libya, the Iraq vote, and so much more. But what disturbs me more than anything was her promise this year to Haim Saban to (paraphrasing) do whatever takes to do the bidding of Israel. (and no, I'm not anti-Semitic!!) And yesterday I read a post that summarizes all that I think about her that endangers this country if she enters the oval office.

Comment

• And yesterday I read a post that summarizes all that I think about her that endangers this country if she enters the oval office.
        I think the presidency is hers to lose, Doc. She could go home, sit in her living room with an iced tea, make 1-2 friendly campaign visits per week, and still easily win the election. She's playing it smart, by running her campaign based on Electoral College votes, and not the popular vote. Its going to win her the WH.

On the other side of the coin, it seems as though Trump went after the Republican nomination, with the intent of deliberately losing the general election. He's not appealing to the voters in the swing states that he needs. He criticizes John McCain a lot, but McCain at least put up a fight until September 2008. Trump is conceding the election right now.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          I'm pretty sure that for this to go to trial, the Government has to prove that damage to the national security occurred. I don't think the DOJ can cross that bar in this case.

At this point, the Republicans (and Trump), working to keep this in the news is purely political. In the end it won't be much different than Bill getting blow jobs in the Oval Office with a cum stained dress as proof. Laughable in Bill's case, maybe a bit arrogant and dismissive of the rules in Hillary's but neither raise to the level of a crime.
          Exactly
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 2, 2016, 02:13 PM.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to build support for Hillary Clinton here. Separate discussion altogether.

In the discussion surrounding the current DOJ investigation involving her, I believe it is important to know the facts as best we can avoiding assigning a factual basis to what tends to get floated by agenda driven persons and groups...... not withstanding talent's excellent post regarding facts (evidence) being viewed from different perspectives.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Don't know if this has been posted: Some of you may remember PSA, Penn State alum and longtime message boarder going back to CNNSI. He has died after an illness.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• RIP PSA....
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• RIP psa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sucks about PSA. RIP

Comment

• Jeez. That one hits home.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I met him once in person. He gave me free Braves tickets (back when the Braves were good). We exchanged emails and played on-line chess on occaision.

I'm not saying this because he died, but he was genuinely one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Took years for me to believe he was a lawyer because of that niceness (and the fact that he didn't argue 'ferociously' - although, in retrospect, that might be more because of his genuine niceness).
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• lol...lol...lol

:-(
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. Yes.

lol....lol....lol....

Damn, makes me sad.

Comment

• And the Braves tickets? He wouldn't take a dime for them. I begged him to take the cash, he wouldn't, and he paid the check for lunch when I was in the john.

I mean, of the lawyers that could have died, there are some much better choices. (Cough, Talent, cough).

Comment

• Not a single message contained documents that had even the most meager classified status level. No information contained within was classified.
                                I don't know how you can be so sure of this. We found out this week that 34,000 emails relating to Hillary were due to be released but have not been released, and that the Justice Dept. petitioned a court to have another 27 months to release them. Perhaps this is all a "wingnut wet dream from an echo chamber. " I don't think the FBI thinks that. My information comes from agents working on the case as told to a judge.

Rather than quoting something directly from her website, maybe we should look at her defense (at least the one she has used for the last 6 months or so). Hillary says " I never received any emails or documents marked classified and I never sent anything marked classified." This statement is true because the government never creates any documents marked "classified".

Jeff: Maybe I have the wrong designation for SAP if that is used for procurement. The special access program I know about has a portal through which 8 persons in the government are allowed to pass.

As for your contention that there is a "high bar" to clear for prosecution under the Espionage Ace, I agree. The prosecution has to prove that classified material was removed, either physically or electronically from the secured areas of the DOS building, or any other secure site. The violation is the removal of classified material. That is it. You do not need mens rae, damages, or even intent. This is somewhat similar to the Valarie Plame mess where her husband was the actual covert agent who worked overseas. Valerie was also classified as a covert agent, even though she had never served overseas. Armitage disclosed her name to Novak. No depraved mind, no intent and no damages, but Armitage went to jail.

In support of Jon, he has the entire report. I'd not be surprised he's read most of it. If he's telling us that nothing in the time frame that is in question with regard to Hillary's emails was classified, I'd have to believe that.
                                I'm not trying to argumentative either. But what report are you talking about? If you are talking about the 800 page Benghazi Report, that only dealt with Benghazi. It was during the investigation of Benghazi that Hillary's private server came to light.

Comment

Working...
                                X