• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    in froot's world, you don't matter..
    Where in the fuck did I say that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
      Do you live in a state that expanded medicaid?
      Nebraska? Are you kidding?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        yup, crash.

But they won't. The core problem is that it pays better to not work, so the unemployed don't work.
        Is it just me that finds this remark extremely offensive?
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I've always found it offensove, but to criticize in the forum risks the wrath of other members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            Nebraska? Are you kidding?
            States that did not expand medicaid saw the largest increases (terms of percentage). I do not think it is luck that the dozen lowest increases came from states that did approve medicaid expansion.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I've always found it offensove, but to criticize in the forum risks the wrath of other members.
              Bullshit, criticize away.

Comment

• geezer likes to talk in absolutes. It's obviously not true, but at the same time, in some areas of the country with cost of living, it probably has merit. or it's enough of a push there is no incentive to work. I don't think that's unreasonable to suggest it happens and I've seen research on it before. In fact, I've had a neighbor years ago scamming the system of months doing this as well. He not only bragged about it, but called while we were over for his "how many jobs did you apply for this week question".

But what %? no clue.

but yes, unfair to label everyone.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'd be more impressed with entropy's both-siderism concern trolling over The Wizard's predicament if this bill did something that actually tried to solve his problem. It doesn't do that at all. It's a large tax cut disguised as a replacement so they can do another budget reconciliation later in the year for more tax cuts.

Comment

. In fact, I've had a neighbor years ago scamming the system of months doing this as well. He not only bragged about it, but called while we were over for his "how many jobs did you apply for this week question".
                    Tell me this was the Alabama fan.

Comment

• no... this was years ago.. 15 or so

Comment

• hack:
                        From crash's linked Economist story:

Anyways, if you check the numbers, it's not fraud. Fraud should be fought, no doubt, but $98bn of a $2.7tn total is 3.6%. Fraud isn't the big problem.
                        so I checked the numbers

Andrew Hackbarth of the RAND Corporation, estimated that fraud (and the extra rules and inspections required to fight it) added as much as $98 billion, or roughly 10%, to annual Medicare and Medicaid spending—and up to $272 billion across the entire health system.
                        Once again, a little problem with mathematics. If you are going to use the $98b number, then use the Medicaid/Medicare amount spent (roughly $1 T) as your denominator. If you are going to compare across the entire health system, then use $272 billion divided by the $ 2.7T. And I'd say that 10% fraud, or $ 278 billion in fraud seems to me to be rather significant. Can you imagine a business reporting "only" 3.6% fraud, to say nothing of the actual 10%?

Comment

• froot..

I'm not a DJT fan. I've been clear on that in the past. I don't believe need to post an anti-DJT post every hour because he looked at someone funny to prove/validate that... The birthers annoyed me so it's probably pretty clear what I'm thinking now.

Obamacare was flawed and I'm not a fan. I've said why in the past. That doesn't mean I'm for DJT plan. I can be south of neutral on both.

Comment

• Entropy - you said in my world The Wizard doesn't matter. That plainly is total effing BS. It has nothing to do with Trump. But on a day where they passed a terrible bill, you're going to see a couple negative posts, I hope you don't melt. Did this bill help out guys like The Wizard, if it did maybe you can say it was worth 24 million losing insurance. A good tradeoff.

Comment

• yes.. I did.

Comment

no... this was years ago.. 15 or so
                                Michigan fan then. Heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X