X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke the internet

Comment

• Comment

• Media coverage of Trump's first year has been 90% negative yet stock market is at all time high, unemployment is at historic lows, consumer confidence is near all time high, economic growth is booming, ISIS has lost their caliphate, tax reform has resulted in over 2,000,0000 bonuses and pay raises, people's withholdings are about to drop raising their paychecks, and companies are moving back to the US.

Chaps my ass to see the media out to get Trump while handeling 0bama with kid gloves for 8 years. The media is just an extention of the DNC, and anyone with a functioning frontal cortex can see it.

Comment

• There's little doubt that things are going very well. And there's absolutely zero doubt that the media absolutely hates him and fawned over Obama. But, there's also little doubt that DJT gives folks plenty to dislike.

Terrell Owens, statistically, is an all-time great WR. He's also a total asshat. I would bte media coverage of TO was drastically different than, say, someone like Reggie Wayne or Isaac Bruce or you get the picture.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• TO not being a first ballot hall of famer is one of the least coverage outrages in human history.

Comment

• Well, he's only 2nd all-time in yards, 3rd all-time in receiving TDs and 5th all-time in TDs period. I mean, those SOUND good, but it's a passing era and all that. Or something.

But, yes, when people hate you they will hose you. I mean, how else do you explain M getting fucked over in every single loss in every single sport for the past sixscore years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                Media coverage of Trump's first year has been 90% negative...
                Yep, and deservedly so. His antics and attitudes are a stain on the Presidency and he has made the USA a laughingstock. This country is more polarized and divided than before he slithered into office. His media coverage is a self inflicted gunshot wound. He has no one to blame but himself.

Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                ...yet stock market is at all time high, unemployment is at historic lows, consumer confidence is near all time high, economic growth is booming...
                All of which he had nothing to do with. Simply riding an economic cycle he inherited.

...ISIS has lost their caliphate...
                Give Chump credit for loosening the decision processes of combat commanders. That was long overdue. Give Chump blame for letting his Russian overlord build permanent bases in Syria and instituting a policy that now treats Syria as a Russian sovereign state. After tossing a few cruise missiles, Putin instructed his cock holster 'no more interference' in Syria, and he has obeyed to the letter. Like cutting off funding to groups opposing Assad, installing US will not fly zones as to not engage Russian supply flights, no further UN resolutions contrary to Russian policy in Syria, etc etc etc.

...tax reform has resulted in over 2,000,0000 bonuses and pay raises, people's withholdings are about to drop raising their paychecks, and companies are moving back to the US....
                The expansion of the corporate welfare entitlement will balloon our already unsustainable national debt. The raises and take cuts for all but the wealthy are token. I won't even notice my tax cut.

Chaps my ass to see the media out to get Trump while handeling (sic) 0bama with kid gloves for 8 years.
                No denying that, but Chump brought it upon himself. Having "declared war" on the media, taunted broadcasters about menstrual cycles and declared a foundation of democracy as an "enemy of the people", he's getting as good as he gives. Waaaaah, cry me a river of crocodile tears.

...The media is just an extention (sic) of the DNC...
                Fox news, #1 news network and viewership. Right wing radio, dominating listenership. Yep, the majority of broadcast media is controlled by the DNC. (I'll bet you believe in the Easter Bunny too, don't ya?) The evil media is just another GOP dog whistle for the intellectually stunted.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Yep, and deservedly so. His antics and attitudes are a stain on the Presidency and he has made the USA a laughingstock. This country is more polarized and divided than before he slithered into office. His media coverage is a self inflicted gunshot wound. He has no one to blame but himself.
                  I don't deny that Trump often commits self inflicted wounds

Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  All of which he had nothing to do with. Simply riding an economic cycle he inherited.
                  consumer confidence has everything to do with him.

see those very vertical lines? A Lot of our economic success is psychological, Trump understands this. It's why he talks in grandiose terms about economic growth, example is when he talks about the US hitting 4, 5, 6% GDP growth, he is getting you to imagine beyond 3%.

Give Chump credit for loosening the decision processes of combat commanders. That was long overdue. Give Chump blame for letting his Russian overlord build permanent bases in Syria and instituting a policy that now treats Syria as a Russian sovereign state. After tossing a few cruise missiles, Putin instructed his cock holster 'no more interference' in Syria, and he has obeyed to the letter. Like cutting off funding to groups opposing Assad, installing US will not fly zones as to not engage Russian supply flights, no further UN resolutions contrary to Russian policy in Syria, etc etc etc.
                  Trump hasn't interfered in Syria because we don't want another war. We lashed out at Assad regime for using chemical weapons on innocent people, same thing he did with 0bama occupying the Oval, and the pussy did nothing about it but draw red lines

The expansion of the corporate welfare entitlement will balloon our already unsustainable national debt. The raises and take cuts for all but the wealthy are token. I won't even notice my tax cut.
                  all based on 1.9 annual GDP growth, the tax cuts will add 1.5 trillion to the national debt in 10 years. 0bama was adding nearly a trillion a year to the national debt, did you say anything then?

I think our rate of growth will average above 1.9% over the next 10 years, especially since 7 of which Trump will be president.

I know you think, like Pelosi, that 1000 extra dollars per year is "crumbs" but when the majority of Americans can't afford a 400 dollar emergency right now, 1000 extra dollars means the world to them.

No denying that, but Chump brought it upon himself. Having "declared war" on the media, taunted broadcasters about menstrual cycles and declared a foundation of democracy as an "enemy of the people", he's getting as good as he gives. Waaaaah, cry me a river of crocodile tears.

Fox news, #1 news network and viewership. Right wing radio, dominating listenership. Yep, the majority of broadcast media is controlled by the DNC. (I'll bet you believe in the Easter Bunny too, don't ya?) The evil media is just another GOP dog whistle for the intellectually stunted.
                  I am talking about the 4th estate, the supposed objective truth tellers NBC, ABC, NYTimes. They pretend to be objective, yet are anything but. I'm not aware that Fox pretends to be objective, maybe they do. Not one radio host I listen to has ever pretended to be an objective reporter, they are clear about their bias, and they are strictly commentary. It's not like having Jim Acosta in as WH correspondent, a 100% objective reporting job, where he is 90% opinion and 10% reporter.
                  Last edited by Kapture1; January 18, 2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Detroit missed the the cut for Amazon HQ2, but Columbus is still alive. I thought Detroit had a pretty good proposal at least to make the initial cut It was not to be.
                    Last edited by froot loops; January 18, 2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• I'll give DJT credit for creating the market sentiment that is driving stock prices higher. I'll also give him credit for cutting corporate taxes - long over due.

However, it is fundamentals, not market sentiment that has the largest impact on both the Dow and the S&P (both also noteworthy for their narrow focus on specific stocks).

Here's what those that understand markets are saying: There will be a correction - to what level is unknown; it may be 10% it may be more. Most are saying it won't be 2008 again.

Irrational exuberance, not the Trump Tax cuts are more likely driving the run up in the last 60d - this is primarily private investors and to a lesser extent big funds trying to get into the market before it stalls and returns to normalcy.

The amount of cash in the hands of private investors and sitting on the sidelines due to market volatility fears before Trump was elected was staggering ...... it's rushing back in on the coat-tails of a market surge. Fundamentals are predicting modest economic growth of around 2.7% in 2018.

Now let's talk about the apparent corporate beneficence that is being loudly reported by the corporations themselves and by the Trump administration. We've already talked about the Walmart story. Much ado about nothing really ..... and then Sam shut down 66 Sam's Clubs leaving 11K employees on the curb. So much for that. Then there is the Apple Announcement late last night. The reality is that it is much more likely that Apple will return the bulk of it's tax windfall to shareholders and stock buy backs. If I recall, the number being thrown around for tax savings and includes bringing back cash into the US was in the range of $50b. Capital expenditure would consume some, some would go to shareholders and stock buy-backs and some would go to bonuses but the details of how this would be distributed were not released. Shocking....... and if it turns out to be the same schtick that Walmart went with two weeks ago, average-man isn't going to get anything near the share of this $50b he probably should get.

Anyway, I like what Trump has fundamentally done with the Tax cuts and deregulation but, as Jon points out, from a debt standpoint it's not sustainable. It's worth pointing out that up-front gains with stunning long term downsides is the MO of just about every corporate executive who's average stint as a CEO is about 3y ..... just enough to get his companies stock prices up, reap a big ass bonus and flee to do the same thing somewhere else. Trump in a nutshell.

My guess is we're heading for trouble in the out-years and it is going to be very clear what caused it and there will be absolutely no accountability for that. DJT will be living the good life with life-time security and maintenance of his homes at the expense of the tax-payer. Sure, it's fun now but pay-back is a mutha.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 18, 2018, 09:57 AM.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Detroit missed the the cut for Amazon HQ2, but Columbus is still alive. I thought Detroit had a pretty good proposal at least to make the initial cut It was not to be.
                        Unfortunately, Detroit is a shithouse. Columbus is not.

Comment

• If you are arguing that one shouldn't be happy about the growth in the economy because there will be an inevitable ebb, then I really don't know what to say. There will always be highs and lows, ebbs and flows, ups and downs. It is a cycle.

Comment

• Seen the interstate batteries God commercials? Combine that nonsense with all the politically attuned insincerity from major corporations and we're looking more and more like a shithole economy every day, with corporations wrapping themselves in the flag or kissing ass in the capital city rather than focusing on providing quality goods and services you can market straightup. Check out Aliko Dangote, the richest African. See how often he announces a multi-billion investment in whatever the govt seems to be focusing on at the moment; check how many of these plans ever make it to stage 2. This stuff is right out of that playbook.

Some of these investments may actually be made; if so they won't be because of policy. The chance to pay 15% instead of 35% is irrelevant when you can fund your activities in the bond market for ~2%.

Comment

• look on the bright side, Newsweek thinks there's still a chance

Comment

Working...
                              X