Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look, you guys are winning the NRA boycott battle lol

Comment

• Trump announced today that he will run in 2020. Robert Mueller said, "If I were you I would run now."

Comment

• Ms. Hicks, who had been considering a departure for several months, did not indicate what her next job would be, but she said that she plans to leave the White House in the next few weeks.

maybe too many little white lies

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          Trump announced today that he will run in 2020. Robert Mueller said, "If I were you I would run now."
          seen that one on the Democratic Underground. That's about as funny as they get.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            good. I've said for a long time she can't be good at her job. That job is too important for someone as inexperienced as she is. Hope is nice to look at, but there needs to be an expert at that position. Sara can go too. Spring Cleaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              You're beginning to think that? Like, just now???
              Maybe you folks missed the key sentence in my post regarding Joseph Goebbels.

What goes on in the American press, has gone on for decades and the whining that DJT does about it (fake news) is nothing close to what Joseph Goebbels did for the Nazi party before 1939 and before leading up to the event that started WWII - Germany's invasion of Poland. But there is a discernible trend

My view of the present day US press is that it sucks. However, it is free and considered an effective 4th Estate by most. Rightly so, despite some monied obstacles involving consolidation of media outlets under single ownership with that ownership having known political agendas. If you are aggressive enough in pursuing the facts and alternative views of a particular set of them you can still understand most sides of the issues.

That was not the case in Germany when Goebbels acquired degrees of power to shape ideas of both German citizens in particular and citizens of the world in general over his career as Hitler's Propaganda Minister. I didn't go into this because I believed most of you were capable of seeing the difference between what is going on in the American media, the Trump administration's in-kind response to it and the kind of sinister thought control that Goebbels famously represents. Clearly I was mistaken.

One of the reasons I didn't go into it in any depth was because I did not want to raise the ire of the Trumpsters here who would undoubtedly accuse me of comparing Trump to Hitler..... a weak defense but a simple one or two-liner capable of debunking the view I hold of the Trump Administration's trend to blatant lying or misrepresentation of the facts.

Goebbels refined this kind of approach to controlling the political and practical views of Germans to an extent previously unseen in Western European governments that claimed to be social democracies. Pretty stark stuff.

While I don't think Trump and his minions have achieved anywhere close to the degree of information control and the intent of it that Goebbels obtained for Hitler, the trend is disturbing. If we aren't paying attention to that trend and the dangers it presents, we're sticking our collective heads in the sand.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I missed it too. Was that in the 74th through 109th paragraphs? I may have been multitasking through that section.

Srsly, good post. Yes. Our media sucks, but it looks great relative to others.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  .......Srsly, good post. Yes. Our media sucks, but it looks great relative to others.
                  .... and maybe the most important point I was hoping most would understand is that the American press remains essentially free because of the framework of the American state and commercial institutions surrounding it.

I think there is evidence that Trump would just as well take elements of that framework apart to serve the purpose of shaping our views of him and advancing his personal agenda.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• "Take all the guns, worry about due process later" - Prez Trump

Kapture is too busy pwning the progs to keep tabs on what his Prez is saying

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      good. I've said for a long time she can't be good at her job. That job is too important for someone as inexperienced as she is. Hope is nice to look at, but there needs to be an expert at that position. Sara can go too. Spring Cleaning.
                      The staff keeps changing yet the problems remain. Wonder why that is?

Now Mercedes Schlapp looks likes she's next up. The Schlapps are as swamp creature as it gets.

Comment

• If the same press treated 0 the same way, i would have no problem. They didnt. They ran cover for him for 9 years, and many have woken up everyday trying to get Trump, in many cases facts be damned. All while pretending to be objective truth tellers.

Wall to wall coverage of Kushner clearence being downgraded, while not a peep about Ben Rhodes flat out being denied clearence as tge layest example. There are new examples everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          "Take all the guns, worry about due process later" - Prez Trump

Kapture is too busy pwning the progs to keep tabs on what his Prez is saying
                          Is that the domestic violence restraining order i supported like 6 pages ago, before Trump said a word about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                            Is that the domestic violence restraining order i supported like 6 pages ago, before Trump said a word about it?
                            That's not what Trump was talking about. They were talking about the Florida kid. Trump thinks that if police get told someone's a nut and has been making threats, the police should go and take his guns. Having to go to a court first takes too much time.

EDIT: Trump also made clear that he does NOT want anything about concealed carry in the gun control bill
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 28, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Here's the moment where Trump suggests the old Manchin-Toomey bill should include an assault weapons ban. Look at Feinstein giggling wildly. Pence just sits there, stony-faced and stunned.

[ame]https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/968952338898591744[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                That's not what Trump was talking about. They were talking about the Florida kid. Trump thinks that if police get told someone's a nut and has been making threats, the police should go and take his guns. Having to go to a court first takes too much time.

EDIT: Trump also made clear that he does NOT want anything about concealed carry in the gun control bill
                                They could have arrested him for bringing bullets to school under FL law. Its also a felony to threaten somwone with a gun in a way that he did. That means he loses his rights to own a firearm

This is undoubtedly a failure of the sheriff's department.
                                Last edited by Kapture1; February 28, 2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X