Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sotomayor was right to bring it up
    At least you're no longer erroneously asserting that Roberts brought it up. Unfortunately, you seem to skip over the "why" the decision was wrong. He only spends two paragraphs on it -- I'm not sure how you missed it.
    Last edited by iam416; June 27, 2018, 09:58 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ha. Public unions take a hit. Another good day from the Court. Strangelove assumes fetal position.
      Last edited by iam416; June 27, 2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        In one of Trump's statements he justified his proposed Muslim ban by invoking Korematsu, is everyone supposed to ignore that.

"What I'm doing is no different than FDR"

"We have no choice but to do this."

Trump brought it up. Sotomayor was right to bring it up, if Roberts is going to argue that Korematsu was wrong he should state why it is wrong. Otherwise he should have just ignored iher and said Trump has the power and that's the bottom line. He doesn't say why the decision was wrong, it is socially thought to be wrong 70 years later but the government back then was arguing that FDR had the power to keep us safe. Hugo Black agreed with them in his opinion.

Of the top 10 countries with the highest Muslim population on the planet, only ONE of them are included in this Muslim ban. Muslim Ban excludes 89% of the world's Muslims. The word Muslim or Islam never appear in the text of the Muslim Ban

WORST MUSLIM BAN EVER!!!!

Comment

• Heh. Yeah, I mean even Breyer and Kagan acknowledge the Order is facially neutral.

Comment

• 8Xgoln3.jpg

Comment

• yj4d810qoh611.png

Comment

• God bless South Korea. Fuck those fucking kraut motherfuckers.

Comment

• If onlyit hurt Mexico, too. Hate them as much as the Germans.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yes re Mexico. My hate was going to be sated somehow today. Because, also, fuck those fucking nordic pussies, too.

Comment

• I'll definitely root for Mexico over Germany, but not many other countries. Germany looked like shit in all three games. After they lost to Mexico, the people on Fox Soccer were saying the first game doesn't matter. What in blue hell were they talking about? Every game matters especially if it is 3 games and you take the L.

I hope Sweden's coach will rub it in.

Comment

• Yeah, they were trash. They didn't have any answers in the final third. They deservedly finished bottom of their group.

Now, if Serbia wins today and the Swiss get anything -- woo-boy -- that's really good for England and Belgium. I really like this English side even if it's the least talented I can remember. They play with coherency. Can't wait to see which side tragically knocks them out on PKs.

Comment

• I think it's the best English side in a long time. I like a lot of their players, they are fairly young. The key is how they deal with tabloids when they falter. That older generation had a lot of baggage.

Comment

• I will say this, the best thing to happen to England was the undercover sting that caught Big Sam. Big Sam is a great escape artist, but that's not what you want to compete for a world cup.

Comment

• Heh. Yes. I really like Southgate. He's my favorite by far and that goes back at least to SGE, who managed to squander the "golden" generation.

Comment

• And with Germany, it is always best to keep a coach for one cycle, not any longer. Low overstayed his welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X