Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
    Lol.

No one is concerned about your niceness. Mostly just concerned about how hard you posture every day while being triggered by kathy griffin.

#fauxpatriot #apexpatriarch
    Correct, you have Kapture nailed down.

I say they put Guliani as a Justice.

Comment

• going to London for a couple of weeks

you all have a good 4th

if I get stabbed talent donate my 150 to the AA like my post fund --its a new charity for groveling irish philistines who were dropped on their heads at birth and need constant positive reinforcement and participation ribbons

if that charity has vanished give it to wizard to try and find a donor

or keep it yourself to cover your inevitable office pool swoon into 5th thru 10th agonizingly out of the money

cheers

Comment

• Crash in london? As if US-UK relations weren't strained enough.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Ha. Public unions take a hit. Another good day from the Court. Strangelove assumes fetal position.
          Public sector unionism still exists in states that don't allow mandatory dues collection. Know what? I am fine with it so long as they also pass laws removing the duty to represent from recognized unions. Are you ok with that?

EDIT: I believe I read earlier today that New York and a few other states already have laws removing the requirement that unions defend and represent even non-union members of the bargaining unit. In other words, don't want to pay dues? That's fine. The union has no obligation to help you in any way and you're on your own. Negotiate your wage individually at the nail factory.

EDIT2: For those with no labor law knowledge, I have mentioned this before, but under the National Labor Relations Act when a plant votes to unionize, the union becomes legally bound to defend and represent every single member of what's called the 'bargaining unit", whether they choose to join or not. So maybe 60 out of 90 workers at your textile mill vote to unionize and 15 of the no votes refuse to join. If they ever get fired or punished by management, the union is legally required to defend them even if they haven't contributed a dime over the course of decades to supporting the union.

If we're going to write laws that are supposedly about worker freedom and elminate mandatory dues collection in BOTH the private and public sector, don't force dues-payers to subsidize the free riders.
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 27, 2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• As for Kennedy and a lot of people panicking over the status of Roe v Wade, I don't believe Murkowski or Collins would support a candidate who was clearly or even suspected of being hostile to that decision. Replacing Scalia was one thing; replacing Kennedy is another. Possibly a few other Republicans will feel the same.

Comment

• Lol, for folks that haven't been right in a while, let's see how those predictions play out

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Public sector unionism still exists in states that don't allow mandatory dues collection. Know what? I am fine with it so long as they also pass laws removing the duty to represent from recognized unions. Are you ok with that?

EDIT: I believe I read earlier today that New York and a few other states already have laws removing the requirement that unions defend and represent even non-union members of the bargaining unit. In other words, don't want to pay dues? That's fine. The union has no obligation to help you in any way and you're on your own. Negotiate your wage individually at the nail factory.

EDIT2: For those with no labor law knowledge, I have mentioned this before, but under the National Labor Relations Act when a plant votes to unionize, the union becomes legally bound to defend and represent every single member of what's called the 'bargaining unit", whether they choose to join or not. So maybe 60 out of 90 workers at your textile mill vote to unionize and 15 of the no votes refuse to join. If they ever get fired or punished by management, the union is legally required to defend them even if they haven't contributed a dime over the course of decades to supporting the union.

If we're going to write laws that are supposedly about worker freedom and elminate mandatory dues collection in BOTH the private and public sector, don't force dues-payers to subsidize the free riders.

I would be fine with that. The so called free riders would get favored worker status with the employer, anyway. The last thing a company would want to do is to create a groundswell of support for joining the union.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  going to London for a couple of weeks
                  The Brits recently buffed up the (relatively) new British Library. The room displaying the Library's jewels is absolutely staggering. All you'll hear is gasps as people move from one display to the next. Go in the front door, turn left and go past the gift shop. Follow the stairway up.

I won't say that the Brits looted the world's most priceless paper, vellum, papyrus, and leather items but holy smokes the Brits looted the world's most priceless paper, vellum, papyrus, and leather items. Granted, I'm an antiquarian book collector, but if you have any appreciation of history, it is a must see venue. Last time I was there, a Gutenburg Bible, the Magna Carta, the Articles of the Barons, the Lindisfarne Gospels, and scrolls from Bhudda's personal scribe were within the first thirty feet of the doorway.

If you like illuminated manuscripts, you'll be popping back and forth between the Library and the Brit Museum.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Save your breath. Crash will be looking for a place that serves Natural Light after he has McNuggets at the McDonald's near Legoland.

Comment

• I heard that it was really well done, GJ.

Comment

• The plaza in front of the Library is cool. All brick, with little holes accompanied by a number plate cover the entire front. Its the backup fire alarm in case of no power for the high tech fire suppression. If you see smoke coming out of a hole, the fire dept looks up the number and knows exactly which room/area to go.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• DSL:

I was semi-torn in that particular decision. I agree entirely with your proposal/whatever NY is doing.

I also agree re next Justice. The dumbass Progs going apeshit over Roe are just wrong. Toobin, unsurprisingly, leading the charge.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm interested to know why you think that talent, do you think Roberts is going to moderate? I don't see Murkowski or Collins being a roadblock to getting guy in there to overturn Roe. It seems like pure numbers. The only question is if Roberts sticks to what he said about precedent and settled law.

There is the theory that no matter what the court makeup it tends to not get too far away from public opinion, we will see how valid it is.

If it gets overturned, it gets overturned, whatever. It has been the greatest GOTV tool.

Comment

• originalism thankfully has nothing to do with public opinion

Comment

• nyA23WznRFUWo6KMmmJZrZk2P-HDz9OhH7zmxUp05mY.jpg?w=768&s=16446cfbb10dd0b95b730235dbd5056c.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X