No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the matter of let's wait and see about the implications of Trump's various polices .......

It's still early and Pompeo is enroute this week for further talks with NK on Nucs, but, there is mounting evidence that NK isn't going to relinquish the nuclear weapons status it has gained among the world's nuclear weapons powers. Moreover, missile sites that were to be dismantled remain operational and a new nuclear plant, capable of producing plutonium, is under construction.

On immigration: The public remains, not unexpectedly, mired in debate over the separation of families who have illegally crossed the US boarder. Never mind the process of separating children from their illegally immigrating parents has been ongoing through 4 administrations and comports with US code. Substantive debate regarding improving and revising existing immigration law and amnesty for illegal immigrants including those covered under BO's DACA policy (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and the DREAM Act. (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act), that has been around since 2001 in various forms but never up voted by Congress is not much debated in public forums. Presidential leadership on immigration has been superficially oriented on improving Trump's image after AG Sessions announced, gasp, actually more strictly enforcing components of existing immigration law (USC 1325 and 1326) as a deterrent to illegal immigration from Central and South America, via Mexico, across the US's SW boarder. Maybe PDJT is doing more behind the scenes with Congress on immigration reform but, if that's true, it's not being much reported.

On Trade: Trump's fuck you trade policy is having an impact and, so far, it's not good. Economists have raised the specter of increasing probability of a global recession and that is affecting markets world wide. Most of the market's gains since January, 2018 have vanished and the most heavily traded funds, those that are indexed to market performance, are down, sharply in the last month.

Fact checking reveals a remarkable penchant in this administration to form a false reality that doesn't comport with the facts. To me, that is the most troubling aspect of DJT's presidency. Certainly, this penchant for shaping a favorable view of a presidency isn't new. I think the scope of it under Trump is significantly greater and the level of what can only be described as lying, is much higher than in past administrations.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• The entire Thai soccer team and their coach found alive. Amazing.

Thai Navy SEAL divers set up an underground operations base deep within a cave system where 12 boys and their soccer coach were thought to be trapped in northern Thailand.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They're not passing a clean DACA bill because Trump won't sign it. And why should he? No wall we would be here again in 10 years.

it's now about solving problems, not exploiting them.
          Last edited by Kapture1; July 2, 2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• A $50 billion wall wont solve a single issue, moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              The entire Thai soccer team and their coach found alive. Amazing.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Awful
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes. Many assumed they were dead. I know I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    A $50 billion wall wont solve a single issue, moron.
                    I'll prove it will solve a major part of the problem. Especially considering Mexico's new president called it a human right for people to flow through Mexico and enter the United States. A wall? yes please.

my preference of the US Military, sniper towers and land mines was deemed too extreme.
                    Last edited by Kapture1; July 2, 2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• LOL.

Bustin' out the ol' claymore mines.

Puttin' up some sniper towers.

Someone's been spitballing with their 12 yr old Fortnite teammates.

And you'll call them cucks as they come off their 12hr stint at some desolate ECP, grumbling about #nextlevel pointless.

Static border defense. Highly trained SNIPERS can pick off these god damn beetles from afar. Prioritize females to mitigate birthing rates?

I think you are onto something, Kapture.

Comment

• Did anyone see that story about the Thai soccer team trapped in some supervillain's underground cave? Un-fucking-believable. I can't believe we're not talking more about that. If Puterbac were here we would have had a link and real-time video feed into the cave.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Did anyone see that story about the Thai soccer team trapped in some supervillain's underground cave? Un-fucking-believable. I can't believe we're not talking more about that. If Puterbac were here we would have had a link and real-time video feed into the cave.
                          I've been following it. Fascinating. The lone human to make first contact with the boys, a British special forces guy, traveled for 6h, some of it underwater, to get to them. There is no way the boys can be extracted in the opposite direction. None whatsoever. They are not strong enough and while there is talk of teaching them to scuba, the risk of death in an underwater environment is so high in that circumstance it is just silly to talk about it.

The best option seems to be keeping them fed until the waters recede. That could be months and the risks of death from that undertaking are also pretty high. I'm sketical that all of them will make it out alive, if any of them do. The reality of the situation is going to be painful to watch.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Exactly, Jeff. I'm glad someone here is following it. It's fascinating and very worrisome.

Comment

• Key is the condition of the kids. They obviously had access to drinkable water. But nine days without food other than the occasional creepy crawly, they've got to be on the brink. Just stabilizing them is going to be a huge task. As a starting point. I'm hoping we're watching a miracle unfold.

Special forces rock.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• On vacation but this story caught my eye. The IT staffer that's been the source of widespread right-wing conspiracy theories, including those spread by Trump himself, took a plea deal today. And it totally absolves him of any crimes other than lying on a bank application.

Comment

Working...
                                X