No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look ....... I don't think there is any way you can cast Trump's behavior at the Helsinki Summit with Putin, of course, as it is being portrayed widely among media outlets, as something positive for American interests in general. Certainly, and this is also being widely reported, his behavior does serve the President's interests. I'm giving the media's portrayal of DJT's behavior at the summit a good deal of deference, i.e., I'm skeptical of it's real value in rendering an accurate picture of what really went down in Helsinki in the first place.

What I am seeing develop is a more robust understanding of what the Presidency of DJT is actually about. I will acknowledge that I favor a good deal of what he has already done with respect to his campaign platform. He's addressed taxes, albeit the net result of changes to the tax code are yet to be fully realized but a positive so far for Business potentially at the expense of decreased consumer protections in the law and an untoward trend in the corporate world to buy back shares using the tax savings for that purpose.

He's addressed immigration and I'm in favor of improved boarder security (stop and/or take steps to discourage illegal crossings). The downside is that his approach and how his administration has sold it has ignited a firestorm of criticism from the left emotionally based as most of it is. That is harmful to meaningful debate of the immigration laws overall. I favor a clear path to citizenship for select groups of immigrants who are already here - legally or illegally. I think there are reasonable paths to do this if Congress can get by the partisanship it suffers from currently - and Trump's leadership has been piss poor in this are if I am understanding it correctly.

On the trade front, my view is that the steps that DJT has taken so far are misinformed and will end up doing more harm than they will good to the American consumer and economy. The notion that he can keep ratcheting up tariffs (arm twisting) until China calls uncle is wrong minded. It appears that the administration has no off-ramp for it's protectionism and no plan to appropriately address valid trade concerns that do exist.

On the international relations front, the NK diplomacy has turned out to be a big nothing-burger and I'm confident nothing will come of NK's denucleariztion that the US seeks going forward. Trump's getting no where in the ME or with Iran with respect to America's interests there. His own interests? He's done fine. NATO is a perfect example of his penchant to announce how screwed up things are and then, after a summit, boast about how he fixed things; the reality is that nothing changed with regard to the structure of the NATO alliance and how it will address the current threats through structural changes that are urgently needed. Missed the boat here. Finally, I think that, all things considered, Putin and his Russia got the upper hand over Trump and the American people he ostensibly represents. There's nothing much else to add.

On balance, then, the Trump presidency has had some successes for America but they are overwhelmingly over shadowed by his arrogance, self serving interests and naivete regarding the nuances of international relationships.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• "I don't see any reason to think it wouldn't be Russia" but it came out "I don't see any reason to think it would be Russia"

the left loses their minds and mobilizes their retards over a single misspoken word.

Comment

• This may end up being the greatest collective refusal to follow the money in human history.

Jeff, go on and name one success. Actually dig in to the policy stuff rather than going by the thing you read most recently. Especially on the tax and non-military aspects of the foreign-policy stuff, I can feed you plenty of links. But I know you won't be able to argue that he's done anything successfully that benefits 99% of Americans.

Comment

• I think 92% of the US saw either a lower tax bill or no change. And everyone is benefiting from the increased activity in the economy. Fucking shit is booming.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            yeah I know who he is

both side used the pulpit to vent on different issues

in fact browder was on fox sometime last night

uberpatriot I like that--course rest of your drivel is drivel

course you google it and it has some Gillette stadium reference and how to get there

likely he was robbed and shot in the back twice with nothing taken --still no suspects/footage/witnesses but we'll go with whats likely. still no definitive answer on Russian hacking Hillary's emails until last night when putin basically fessed up Hillary had left the house open and they along with multiple other countries barged in and snooped around a little. thankfully no matter what putin/IG/lisa page/multiple committees say --I'm sure she will be vindicated

then I'm s the sure Teflon PAH will rise above to make another run in 2020. we can only hope
            But Hillary!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

But Hillary!

chickengame.jpeg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The funny thing is that crazy nonsense about leaving the front door open or the running car or any of the other analogies. Phishing is a blunt tool that even technically savvy people succumb to. It's far from leaving the front door open. it's hard to have a big corporation and have zero percent compliance on not clicking links.

But again

If you leave a door open and someone robs your house, they are committing a crime
                If you leaving a car running and a thief steals the car, the Thief is committing a felony
                If somebody has a server that isn't fully secure (every server known to man), the hacker is committing the crime
                If you see all of this evidence that the Russians did it and you still blame Seth Rich, it's you being the POS

Comment

• ...... you know, I have to question the values of the Trumpsters in general that offer rationalizations for the behaviors of our President. Maybe they have no values or, more likely, their values have been reshaped based on the outrageous lying PDJT is notorious for and the false reality he creates by doing so.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• This NRO quick read by Jonah Goldberg goes right to the heart of my last two posts with regard to our stalwart Trump supporters posting here. You simply can't put lipstick on a pig and make it attractive:

David French does a good job below

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                      yeah I know who he is

both side used the pulpit to vent on different issues

in fact browder was on fox sometime last night

uberpatriot I like that--course rest of your drivel is drivel

course you google it and it has some Gillette stadium reference and how to get there

likely he was robbed and shot in the back twice with nothing taken --still no suspects/footage/witnesses but we'll go with whats likely. still no definitive answer on Russian hacking Hillary's emails until last night when putin basically fessed up Hillary had left the house open and they along with multiple other countries barged in and snooped around a little. thankfully no matter what putin/IG/lisa page/multiple committees say --I'm sure she will be vindicated

then I'm s the sure Teflon PAH will rise above to make another run in 2020. we can only hope
                      People just got indicted for crimes that directly disprove your Seth Rich conspiracy fever dreams and still you rattle on and on about it. With zero evidence other than quoting websites through which you're also purchasing brain pill supplements.

But thanks otherwise for your poetry contributions, Mr. Cummings

Comment

• Easy Prediction: Trump will not get the applause he expects for his "oh I meant to say wouldn't not would" on tv news tonight except on Fox. Hannity & Tucker, who applauded his original statement and said it was great will also applaud his total 180 revised statement and say that, just like the original statement, it is 100% correct. But after the "liberal media" doesn't give him the credit he thinks he deserves, he'll go right back to praising Putin/smearing the FBI. It'll be like Charlottesville all over again. "Both sides", then staff-written 'clarification', then furious return to the original stance. And he'll blame his staff and scream at them that his instincts are always right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          ...... you know, I have to question the values of the Trumpsters in general that offer rationalizations for the behaviors of our President. Maybe they have no values or, more likely, their values have been reshaped based on the outrageous lying PDJT is notorious for and the false reality he creates by doing so.
                          People have a lot of different reasons for supporting Trump. The true lost causes, though, are mostly nihilists politically. They don't care what he does as long as it's HIM doing it.

Comment

• In other news, Paul Manafort, the "very nice man" who's not unlike Al Capone, just had yet another trial-delaying motion DENIED by the court in Virginia. He was attempting to get the venue changed to Appalachia (Roanoke) because he couldn't expect a fair trial in the DC suburbs (that's where Dems live, UNFAIR!)

Judge Ellis said "nah, son, Alexandria is fine"

His Virginia trial starts next week (not sure about the DC one)

Comment

• He's an embarrassment. The only problem is that is if he leaves we will have Pence and Mother.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                ...... you know, I have to question the values of the Trumpsters in general that offer rationalizations for the behaviors of our President. Maybe they have no values or, more likely, their values have been reshaped based on the outrageous lying PDJT is notorious for and the false reality he creates by doing so.
                                I think this would make an interesting psychological study in tribal politics. Evangelicals as a surveyed block, said they could overlook 'moral transgressions' by the President 31% of the time under Obama, 29% under Bush II and 14% under Clinton. Under Trump, that number jumps to 70%. I wonder why that is.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X