No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Beloved #GentryProg heroine O-C is the gift that just keeps on giving: https://www.investors.com/politics/e...mum-wage-jobs/

Though, to be fair, I think she's far more oblivious than stupid.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

NBC cites one anonymous source.
        The source also points to the recent IG report which covers this very topic. The FBI extensively investigated whether the server was compromised years ago.

Comment

• Check out this hornet's nest. Is it typical in Ohio to have an El Camino and a frontloader as art in the yard?

An Ohio bee expert posted video of a recent call involving a massive nest of hornets he removed from a person's car.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The source also points to the recent IG report which covers this very topic. The FBI extensively investigated whether the server was compromised years ago.
              The FBI has been breaking procedures, rewriting legal statues, spying on the president's political opponents, citing leaks to obtain FISA warrants, and covering up for one subject in particular for those years. It is absolutely possible for the FBI to have discovered the embedded code and hid it from discovery. With their pattern of behavior with Clinton, I would say that it enters the area of likely that happened, rather than just possible.

IOW, I have lost trust in the FBI, and have Comey, McCabe, Strzok to blame for it.
              Last edited by Kapture1; August 29, 2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• B
                Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                Jeff, I think you owe the board an apology for the nonsense you posted from The Atlantic and your comment that somehow the meeting in Trump tower was the tie-in point for collusion. It shows once again that you alt-left fellows are simply unable to come up with a TRUE scenario in which Trump and the Russians colluded. Now, you guys are unwilling to accept the "apology" from Clinton's consigliere when he admits making the whole "Trump-knew-before-the-meeting" bullshit up. And Cohen has recanted some of his "..sing or compose.." statements about who was present at that meeting. Look, Trump Jr. was going to the meeting to ostensibly receive dirt (of undetermined origin but supposedly from Russians) on Hillary Clinton. We know this from the emails that Junior released. I fail to see how this is different from Hillary operatives obtaining the Pussy tape and releasing it before the debate when it could do the most harm. I doubt if it is illegal to search for dirt on your opponent in any other political context save one involving Donald Trump. What was the Hillary campaign doing when it paid for the Steel dossier and leaked it?

I see CNN is standing by the "Trump knew..."story even though the person who started it now says he was confused and it is not true. It is amazing to me that sensible people like yourself continuously are duped by these liars and cheats. It is because you want to be duped in my opinion. Your hatred of Trump overrides whatever common sense you had. As I said so many times, I didn't vote for the guy, but let's give him a chance and see how he does.

And Kapture, I don't know where you get those "button" cartoons showing the enormous hypocrisy of the left, or at least the convoluted and mutually exclusive beliefs that they are able to hold at the same time, but I think they are great and I hope you keep posting them. I note that No One At All ever tries to take you on regarding them because they are so true. It takes a special kind of ignorance to hold mutually exclusive positions on issues such as fake news. But progs do this regularly. Listen to how many times the progs invoke the "middle-class" or "working families" when they know that 85% of their base is on some form of welfare. It is simply no wonder that they don't care one bit about the good economy ( second quarter GDP revised upward to 4.2% today) or about low unemployment. They don't pay taxes and they don't work. They care most about political power and the ability to steal from working folks through taxation and welfare. That is what elected Trump. And he is doing fine on things that matter (Canada coming around today regarding NAFTA).

I say again, what this country needs is for only net tax payers to be given the franchise to vote.
                It seems like your proposal is incomplete, you probably want to reinstate the poll tax and literacy test to keep those people from voting as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

And came to the conclusion that it was, as Comey attested to when he testified before the House Intelligence Committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    Jeff, I think you owe the board an apology for the nonsense you posted from The Atlantic .....
                    Seriously?

Why ..... I posted a link to an article that, IMO, did a reasonable job of linking Cohen's activities involving funds to pay hush money to Stormy Daniels and others to DJT by stating in sworn testimony that he did this at the direction of Trump. I didn't make that up. It apparently happened, if you believe Cohen's testimony. It's a narrowly defined issue that you then expand to declare that I stated Jr.'s Trump Tower meeting with the Russians was the tie in for collusion. It isn't. The Atlantic article I linked to has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation or the question of collusion. Did you actually read the Atlantic article or just go off on a rant?

If, at some point, it can be determined funds, personal or not, were spent to shape the election outcome by endeavoring to hide damaging information about him, we have the likelihood of Trump violating campaign finance laws. That has yet to be proven and the article is clear on that. Allen Weisselberg, the longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, was granted immunity by federal prosecutors working on the criminal investigation into Michael Cohen last week. Who knows what that means if anything. Maybe it will, maybe it won't make a useful connection for prosecutors in the very narrow scope of the question, did DJT violate campaign finance laws.

That's the tie in.

Here's another tid-bit I found interesting. Federal Prosecutors in the Cohen case were very careful to not waive their right to provide additional evidence to the court giving proof of additional crimes that Cohen or other individuals caught up in his misdeeds might have committed that were not a part of the current case and the ensuing plea deal. While Trump probably won't be indicted as a sitting president, if he isn't re-elected and becomes a private citizen, that game is over for him. The shit could hit the fan.

On another note: I was asked why Manafort has insisted on going to two separate Federal trials, despite offers from prosecutors to join them, and in both cases refused to accept a plea deal? The answer I was provided was interesting and provocative. Manafort is in hock to Russian Oligarchs to the tune of several million dollars. Any kind of plea deal would very likely involve implicating these thugs in various money laundering schemes and potentially violations of the racketeering laws embodied in the RICO act. If he went to jail, his chances of repaying those millions go to zero. Rightfully fearing for his life from something like a mysterious uranium poisoning or a lethal dose of a nerve agent from an unknown source, Manafort has wisely kept his mouth shut and appears to be counting on a pardon from Trump for his loyalty.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

And came to the conclusion that it was, as Comey attested to when he testified before the House Intelligence Committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        Check out this hornet's nest. Is it typical in Ohio to have an El Camino and a frontloader as art in the yard?

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/08...7691535476495/
                        Damn. I'd have lit the whole damn car on fire.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• that face when you find out China has the 33,000 emails you deleted

DlxhF4kUYAArNYn.jpg

Comment

• Lol

star.com
                            A federal appeals court on Tuesday said printing "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency is constitutional, citing its longstanding use and saying it was not coercive.

Comment

• After the ridiculous #GentryProg snowflake conniption over DeSantis, I may actually try to figure out a way to vote in Florida for him.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                              X