Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you eat it in Thailand.

Comment

• Actually that's not true in Downtown Detroit and it was a problem, no Taco Bells! All kinds of new restaurants and hipster joints but no Taco Bell. Not even at the RenCen food court, it was a problem and a running joke in the office.
      Sure, not in downtown Detroit. That's where the aforementioned detestables live. There isn't one in "downtown" Cleveland or Columbus either. But outside the downtown....oh hell yeah. I don't know the first thing about Detroit, but the fantabulous Taco Bell store locator -- a must for any connoisseur of fine Mexican-American food -- indicates there are at least 14 Taco Bells within the 696-94-State Route 39 area (none in the half square mile of non-seedy real estate known as downtown).
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        If you eat it in Thailand.

Eh, close to where I work, there's a large Thai population and some awesome restaurants. The owner at my favorite goes back twice a year on a spice run (and to see her family). Best hot and sour soup around. Siam Spicy on Woodward in Royal Oak <shameless plug>.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'll try it. Eating that stuff in Thailand was a revelation for me. I'm not into the Asian cuisines much, in part b/c am allegic to seafood, but, in Bangkok, holy shit the balance of heat and flavor is just wonderful.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oh, you #gentryprog, you.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Wait, I thought the Gentry Prog hated Taco Bell?
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Those with limited or damaged taste buds go to Toxic Hell.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The concept of the "4th Meal" at Taco Bell, and yes, White Castle, has kept many, many alcohol beverages from getting hurled late at night. Let's admit it and honor them for keeping us from really making bigger asses of ourselves.

Comment

• I've been to numerous Taco Bells, it hits every demographic. Like I said before, if you are doing a national poll and best Mexican restaurant comes up, Taco Bell has a national reach and not many true national competitors. You may think the mom and pop shop is far superior, but it ain't national. If you have a best burger joint national poll, there are lots of national chains. Its why Glenn Bell didn't get into the burger chains and copied the mom and pop Mexican restaurant he frequented.

Comment

• I thought White Castle was the cause of late night hurling.

Comment

• Place called Mex at Great Lakes Crossing is super good, right by the Top Golf they are building
                            Last edited by Kapture1; September 14, 2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• The survey should have had a generic choice called "The place where I go with my friends to eat chips and salsa and drink Margaritas". It would have won in a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                ABC reporting that Manafort has reached a plea deal with Mueller. Unclear if he's just pleading guilty to all charges in the 2nd trial or if he's fully cooperating.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has tentatively agreed to a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller that will head off his upcoming trial, sources say.

NPR: Paul Manafort's cooperation agreement with the special counsel does not include matters involving the Trump campaign, according to a person familiar with the case, @johnson_carrie reports.

Comment

Working...
                                X