No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. He's this administration's Official Photobomber. PBOTUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Yeah, I'm done voting for Ds. Like, ever. Those were 95% of my votes. But, I'm out. So now the only question will be whether I like the R enough to vote for him/her.
      this is gonna bitchslap the D's in the face and they don't even see it. they're gonna end up regretting this more than Kavanaugh on the bench, and it's either him or Amy Barrett, so they're still fucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

LOL. He's this administration's Official Photobomber. PBOTUS.
        doing nothing but dragging your party through the gutter.

Comment

• Well,just because I'm done with the Ds doesn't mean I have to see elephants dancing everywhere. The Rs are going to get crushed in the November. Crushed. BUT, this may help them cling to the Senate, which is all they need. Then they put Barrett on.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

this is gonna bitchslap the D's in the face and they don't even see it.
            Probably not. It never really has before. It's the right move for the Dems. Everything that they have gotten in the past 50 years they have needed the judiciary for. The power of the courts is now totally unchecked. Lifetime appointments of partisans who have absolutely no accountability whatsoever for their decisions. It is wise to lay everything on the line for control of it.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Well,just because I'm done with the Ds doesn't mean I have to see elephants dancing everywhere. The Rs are going to get crushed in the November. Crushed. BUT, this may help them cling to the Senate, which is all they need. Then they put Barrett on.
            Crushed? Possibly. But about what or for what? Does the public want to abolish ICE, throw the borders open, and stunt economic growth?

What laws is a Democrat-run House of Representatives going to pass?
            Last edited by Hannibal; September 24, 2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Well,just because I'm done with the Ds doesn't mean I have to see elephants dancing everywhere. The Rs are going to get crushed in the November. Crushed. BUT, this may help them cling to the Senate, which is all they need. Then they put Barrett on.
              If they drop Kavanaugh this week there's plenty of time to push through Barrett before the election.

Comment

• If they drop Kavanaugh this week there's plenty of time to push through Barrett before the election.
                True. And they'll do it, lame duck or not. There are no rules. But that doesn't matter to me. I'm done. If DJT is running again in 2020 I'll be joining entropy on the libertarian burn your vote train.

Crushed? Possibly. But about what or for what? Does the public want to abolish ICE, throw the borders open, and stunt economic growth?

What laws is a Democrat-run House of Representatives going to pass?
                Well, I think the American voter will vote against the character of the President. And I think turnout will be great for the Ds. Issue-wise, this election will prove a long-term win for the Rs (IMO). The Ds are brazen and pushing hard left. They will win short-term (and in 2020 if DJT is running), but they are going to get wiped out in 2022.

And, of course, they'll pass no laws. It may actually help the Rs to have someone in power to oppose or someone that is gumming up the works.

Comment

It may actually help the Rs to have someone in power to oppose or someone that is gumming up the works.
                  You're not the first fish to bite on that line.

Will it help rally the base if a Dem gets elected in 2020? Yeah, maybe. But in the meantime we'll get non-repealable, poison pill legislation that will push the country further to the Left and a reopening of the borders that will make it that much harder for the Republicans to win in the future. You might even get amnesty. If that happens it doesn't matter who you vote for in the future because the permanent Democrat majority will have arrived.

Comment

• My comment was intended to be about 2018-20. It wasn't about an entirely D-controlled govt from 2020-22.

Comment

• Charles Cooke is almost always spot on to my ear. And he is again.

Judge Kavanaugh labels the s reportNew YorkerthereNew YorkerrumorNew York Times reports:
                      The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.

Which is to say that there is as much corroboration behind this accusation as there was behind the last one: None. In and of itself, this makes the existence of an unsubstantiated allegation should be sufficient to cause a withdrawal . . . well, it looks reckless beyond all reason.

Which may, of course, have been exactly the point.

Comment

My comment was intended to be about 2018-20. It wasn't about an entirely D-controlled govt from 2020-22.
                        Gotcha.

I do think that they will pass laws and force vetoes. There are more than enough Cuckservatives in the Senate who will cross the aisle so that they can earn a little short-lived praise in the New York Times.

Comment

• I'm not sure they're interested in sensible bills that can pull in some senators.

Comment

• This is a good article with a historical construct applied that makes it's conclusions even more sound. It's not just about Erdogan and present politics in Turkey. IMO, the article was written to warn of the dangers of the Trump presidency. Hack, you'll enjoy this article.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I'm not sure they're interested in sensible bills that can pull in some senators.
                              You might be right.

The Legislative branch of government has been largely neutered at this point. The judiciary can override anything that they do with the right court case and now the President governs by executive order and appointments to government departments who have been given broad regulatory powers (e.g. the EPA has more power to affect the economy than Congress).

Comment

• Wait, hold on a sec...Geraldo lives in Cleveland now and will have a radio show on WTAM???

When will Cleveland catch a break???

Comment

Working...
                                X