Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of collusion

Congressional investigators have confirmed that a top FBI official met with Democratic Party lawyers to talk about allegations of Donald Trump-Russia collusion weeks before the 2016 election, and before the bureau secured a search warrant targeting Trump’s campaign.

Comment

• Dutch foil a major Russian spy operation. Supposedly we're announcing an indictment related to this later this morning.

Seven Russians are charged by the US, while the Netherlands says it has expelled four hackers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Did you actually read the entire article, Crash? Did you Jeff?
        Sure and this is what I got out of it: blah, blah, blah.

Look, I get where you're going with this DSL. Trump's a cheating, lying dirt-ball. Right? We already know this so another huruuumph about it is pretty meaningless ..... unless and of course it is going to amount to some sort of criminal charges that might be impeachable. They're not. .....

......Don't care if Hack or others think people like me have become numb to Trump's misdeeds and I'll admit I probably have. I think it has been already said here, "Trump's character is certain, it's his policies that matter.: ... or words to that effect. I'd have to say so far, the administration's policies that I give a shit about have brought about some decent returns.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Gpe0Id1IBOxWRgdfVzrcY6FeS4KtZC1NUnMI7ufLU60.jpg?width=720&s=9a94cd088b29b29dfece6c44d68e4d2f7299889e.jpg

Comment

• The article has a hard time pointing to definitive misdeeds. Mostly it's people saying that they were well into the gray. But, whatever. That's not the real point of the article. The real point was to tear down the "self made man" mythology, which, of course, anyone with a head already knew was bullshit.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• New FOX polls (rated "A" by 538) show the Ds in world of hurt in North Dakota and Tennessee based on polling from Friday through Tuesday -- so, the Kav debacle. Heitkamp is down by 10 (2nd poll to have those numbers) and Bredesen is down by 6. 538 has moved both those seats to "lean R". The Ds need at least one of those to win the Senate (or, heh, BETO!!!).

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                ....... The real point was to tear down the "self made man" mythology, which, of course, anyone with a head already knew was bullshit.
                Trump = PT. Barnum, "the words greatest showman."

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, it's certainly hard to take your eyes off of him.

Comment

The article has a hard time pointing to definitive misdeeds. Mostly it's people saying that they were well into the gray. But, whatever. That's not the real point of the article. The real point was to tear down the "self made man" mythology, which, of course, anyone with a head already knew was bullshit.
                    Sure, most people knew it. But there's still value in having a mountain of evidence documenting an accepted 'truth'.

I dunno. It's an exhaustively researched piece that apparently took a year to write. Light years better than "a person familiar with the President's line of thinking" style of reporting.

Comment

• All signs point to Flake, Collins, Murkowski, etc. voting for Kavanaugh. Would not be surprised if Manchin, Heitkamp, maybe Tester feel sufficiently covered now too.

Would say Murkowski is in a slightly different boat just because there's a significant portion of Alaska that's against him for reasons totally unrelated to any sexual allegations.

Comment

New FOX polls (rated "A" by 538) show the Ds in world of hurt in North Dakota and Tennessee based on polling from Friday through Tuesday -- so, the Kav debacle. Heitkamp is down by 10 (2nd poll to have those numbers) and Bredesen is down by 6. 538 has moved both those seats to "lean R". The Ds need at least one of those to win the Senate (or, heh, BETO!!!).
                        Fox also showed Sinema up slightly in Arizona, Donelley up slightly in Indiana, and McCaskill tied with Hawley.

The Senate was always an extreme longshot and Heitkamp appeared to be way down well before the Kavanaugh crisis started.

Comment

• Sure, most people knew it. But there's still value in having a mountain of evidence documenting an accepted 'truth'.

I dunno. It's an exhaustively researched piece that apparently took a year to write. Light years better than "a person familiar with the President's line of thinking" style of reporting.
                          I don't disagree.

All signs point to Flake, Collins, Murkowski, etc. voting for Kavanaugh. Would not be surprised if Manchin, Heitkamp, maybe Tester feel sufficiently covered now too.

Would say Murkowski is in a slightly different boat just because there's a significant portion of Alaska that's against him for reasons totally unrelated to any sexual allegations.
                          Murkowski may be able to swing. I think if Heitkamp votes nay she might as just quit her campaign. Manchin and Tester safe, IMO, but they may not want to veer off an entirely winnable road. Donnelly and McCaskill are confirmed nays. I'd expect that's reflected in their current polling that you also mentioned. It's probably a net negative for both of them. Donnelly had a cushion to work with. McCaskill, as it always seems, operating with no safety net. She'll probably one again win by 0.2 points or something. Goddamn Rasputin she is.

Comment

• The other thing worth noting is that an NPR poll has the enthusiasm advantage for the Ds gone: https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/65401...dge-evaporates. It also notes that the Marist poll has the D "generic House ballot" advantage shrinking.

It's one poll. I rather doubt there's anything the Rs can do at this point to save the House. But, I do think the Kav debacle has affected R enthusiasm. I believe I stated the obvious when this started -- that the Ds were pretty much tapped out on enthusiasm so this wouldn't move the needle much, but the Rs were very much not. We'll see if it holds, but I tend to think it will and will have a direct impact on the Senate.

Comment

The other thing worth noting is that an NPR poll has the enthusiasm advantage for the Ds gone: https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/65401...dge-evaporates. It also notes that the Marist poll has the D "generic House ballot" advantage shrinking.

It's one poll. I rather doubt there's anything the Rs can do at this point to save the House. But, I do think the Kav debacle has affected R enthusiasm. I believe I stated the obvious when this started -- that the Ds were pretty much tapped out on enthusiasm so this wouldn't move the needle much, but the Rs were very much not. We'll see if it holds, but I tend to think it will and will have a direct impact on the Senate.
                              Unclear if R enthusiasm remains if Kavanaugh gets confirmed in the next few days and Trump is back on tv day after day doing rallies

I have seen it pointed out and it's probably correct that the upswing in R enthusiasm is due more to rural R voters who had previously considered sitting this election out. And less to suburban swing voters heading back towards the Republican Party. As you say, that would have a lot more direct impact on the Senate than the House.

Comment

• Oh and one more thing about McCaskill. I don't know what it is about Missouri Republicans, but they would own this seat if they could just nominate someone likeable once in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X