No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Unclear if R enthusiasm remains if Kavanaugh gets confirmed in the next few days and Trump is back on tv day after day doing rallies

I have seen it pointed out and it's probably correct that the upswing in R enthusiasm is due more to rural R voters who had previously considered sitting this election out. And less to suburban swing voters heading back towards the Republican Party. As you say, that would have a lot more direct impact on the Senate than the House.
      we're not going to forget what the dems did to a good man

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        The article has a hard time pointing to definitive misdeeds. Mostly it's people saying that they were well into the gray. But, whatever. That's not the real point of the article. The real point was to tear down the "self-made man" mythology, which, of course, anyone with a head already knew was bullshit.
        True. Most of my life, the top marginal rate for federal Estate/Gift tax was 70% and the exemption was $ 600,000 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estate...e_Tax_Rate.png).

Why is it shocking.....SHOCKING!....that Fred Trump paid money to experts to try to minimize the death taxes he had to pay? As has been said, any person of means uses exactly these same tax avoidance strategies. Frankly, only those who have not worked for themselves see anything wrong with minimization of tax obligations. It also bears noting that his siblings received virtually the same treatment from Fred as did Donald.

I wonder if any of this regurgitated stuff would have been brought up just now if the Kavanaugh nomination had not reached critical mass, and if the Times had not realized they could do no more damage to him.

Comment

All signs point to Flake, Collins, Murkowski, etc. voting for Kavanaugh. Would not be surprised if Manchin, Heitkamp, maybe Tester feel sufficiently covered now too.

Would say Murkowski is in a slightly different boat just because there's a significant portion of Alaska that's against him for reasons totally unrelated to any sexual allegations.
          I haven't heard anything about that. Why do Alaskans oppose BK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I haven't heard anything about that. Why do Alaskans oppose BK?
            BK has consistently ruled against Native American interests. The Inuit population accounts for 20% of Alaska's total population and they vote.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Consistently is pushing it.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

True. Most of my life, the top marginal rate for federal Estate/Gift tax was 70% and the exemption was $ 600,000 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estate...e_Tax_Rate.png).

Why is it shocking.....SHOCKING!....that Fred Trump paid money to experts to try to minimize the death taxes he had to pay? As has been said, any person of means uses exactly these same tax avoidance strategies. Frankly, only those who have not worked for themselves see anything wrong with minimization of tax obligations. It also bears noting that his siblings received virtually the same treatment from Fred as did Donald.

I wonder if any of this regurgitated stuff would have been brought up just now if the Kavanaugh nomination had not reached critical mass, and if the Times had not realized they could do no more damage to him.
                The fraud comes in like this.....Say Company A says we can put a new boiler for the apartment building that Fred Trump (the dad) for $300. Dad would then pay Kids Company 1 $400 for said boiler. Kids Company 1 pays $300 to Company A keeping the $100. That is a bit of a gray area, but you have to remember that these are rent controlled apartment building (as are many places in NYC). Fred Trump would then go to the rent control board and use the $400 he paid Kids Company 1 as justification to raise the rent on the tenets. And a lot of Fred Trump's buildings were built with government funds.

Ultimately, the biggest losers in this are American taxpayers, since this is lost money that could pay for programs. Not that I think it will effect Trump's base at all.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Consistently is pushing it.
                  Well the Inuit feel that he has done it enough to oppose the nomination and put a lot of pressure on Murkowski.

Comment

• The GOP had better pray that Kav fails in his vote. To win will energize a lot of women to vote as the message widely spread will be "see, the Repubs DEMAND rapists on the Supreme Court and in the Presidency. Women are to be fucked, not heard". If Kav loses, then it will be the GOP that votes in droves as a response to inevitable "goddamn dems' War on Religion" nonsense.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• shaddup
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        The GOP had better pray that Kav fails in his vote. To win will energize a lot of women to vote as the message widely spread will be "see, the Repubs DEMAND rapists on the Supreme Court and in the Presidency. Women are to be fucked, not heard". If Kav loses, then it will be the GOP that votes in droves as a response to inevitable "goddamn dems' War on Religion" nonsense.
                        I thought "women" were already energized. They can't vote twice lmao

The left has lit an inferno under the right. When we see those crazy Marxists protesting, screaming that women need to support women and men need to support women no questions asked that raises alarm bells. normal people see that and reject it outright. This is America, we don't support one gender of all 78 others, we support due process, evidence and the presumption of innocence.

don't like it get the fuck out.

Comment

• I don't know the specific case but there is a rulings (or rulings) in Kavanaaugh's record that have Alaskan native Americans worried specifically about subsistence fishing rights. There's a case making its way up the courts that would potentially open the protected rivers and shores up to commercial fishing which has the tribes very worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I thought "women" were already energized. They can't vote twice lmao

The left has lit an inferno under the right. When we see those crazy Marxists protesting, screaming that women need to support women and men need to support women no questions asked that raises alarm bells. normal people see that and reject it outright. This is America, we don't support one gender of all 78 others, we support due process, evidence and the presumption of innocence.

don't like it get the fuck out.
                            If it's true that Kavanaugh will galvanize Trump voters like nothing else, then surely PA, WI, OH, and MI will all vote out their incumbent Democrats. After all, those states voted for Trump in 2016. If those voters truly hate the Dems now and love Trump just as much as in 2016, then the Dems will lose all 4 Senate seats. You going on the record right now and predicting that the R's will win all 4 of those seats?

Comment

If it's true that Kavanaugh will galvanize Trump voters like nothing else, then surely PA, WI, OH, and MI will all vote out their incumbent Democrats. After all, those states voted for Trump in 2016. If those voters truly hate the Dems now and love Trump just as much as in 2016, then the Dems will lose all 4 Senate seats. You going on the record right now and predicting that the R's will win all 4 of those seats?
                              i will predict that the R's will keep the house and gain in the Senate.

I'm not going to comment on specific races. it would be the same thing as me saying to you "Predict Beto wins in TX or your are wrong about the blue wave" it's just dumb.

the Dems lead in the generic ballot was cut in half in the last 3 weeks. all the dems had to do was not play games with Kavanaugh. but they couldn't help themselves.

Comment

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
                                Jesus Christ, DSL.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X