No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna come over to my apartment, AA, and listen to some vinyl????

Comment

• Trump: I wanna Space Force and I want it NOW!!!

President Trump is considering firing Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson after the midterm elections due to her perceived slow-rolling of his order to create a separate Space Force, according to a report from Foreign Policy.

Comment

• Kevin Yoder (KS-3) says he is skipping Trump's rally in Topeka. Yoder represents the Kansas City suburbs and the national Republican organizations have cut off his funding.

Comment

• we are learning a lot about Monica McLean's involvenent over the last two days. Ford was staying with McLean when she wrote her initial accusation at the end of July. she is also the friend that Ford's ex boyfriend said Ford had previously coached on polygraph examinations when she was interviewing with the FBI.

According to the WSJ, the FBI now have text messages from Ms. McLean to witness Ms. Keyser, directing her to modify statements more favorable to Ms. Ford.
          A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured to clarify her original statement regarding an alleged sexual assault involving Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Comment

• We get the Executive Summary but no the details of the Kavanaugh FBI Background Investigation:

Conclusion

The Supplemental Background Investigation confirms what the Senate Judiciary Committee concluded after its investigation: there is no corroboration of the allegations made by Dr. Ford or Ms. Ramirez.there is no corroboration of the allegations made by Dr. Ford or Ms. Ramirez, it seems to me that the Senators will move Kavanaugh out of committee and toward a floor vote this afternoon. Do I have the language I used and this logic right?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rea...gh-allegations
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• It's all semantic gymnastics when it comes to politics. It could have just as easily said there is no evidence to dispute the allegations. The FBI report unfortunately is a big fat nothing burger to provide cover for wavering senators.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ms Mitchell did a good job with her write up too. That Dr Ford's case is worse than a he said she said. It's a she said they say.
                What she has doesn't rise to meet a preponderance of the evidence standard, which is what they use in a civil trial.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  It's all semantic gymnastics when it comes to politics. It could have just as easily said there is no evidence to dispute the allegations. The FBI report unfortunately is a big fat nothing burger to provide cover for wavering senators.
                  Except sworn testimony from her life long friend that Dr Ford named as being present said she has never meet Kavanaugh, and has never been at a party, either with or without Dr Ford where Kavanaugh was present.

you know, besides that.

Comment

• Murkowski with a surprising vote 'no' on cloture. So she's almost certainly a no on the real vote. If I heard correctly, Manchin waited till all the other votes were in to vote "yes"?

Kinda sounds like Susan Collins will be the one deciding things. Manchin won't want to be the deciding vote either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Wanna come over to my apartment, AA, and listen to some vinyl????
                      I knew AA was gay...but DSL is as welll?

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Everybody else is wondering too, but you're the only one requesting specific confirmation. As if your need to know is greater than that of all others, or something.

Comment

• Collins is lit right now.

Comment

• Within 2 minutes of Collins finishing, Manchin releases a statement to say he too supports Kavanaugh...LOL

This will help him though. Some R's were saying privately that they felt that race was unwinnable if Manchin votes yes.

Comment

• Yeah, with Collins on board Manchin has one rationale decision. He can the race with yay!
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Manchin was always voting yes. There was no way this thing compromised man wasn't getting confirmed, this is the best of all worlds for McConnell. A hard core partisan on the bench indebted to the right. There will be no independence from Kavanaugh, Cocaine Mitch couldn't have come out of this any better.

Comment

Working...
                                X