Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    ......... But I thought it an interesting point as I tend to think the Senate Ds are basically a Ron Zook coached team when it comes to strategery.
    Perfect!

You know, it comes to mind that these people are well educated and experienced in the political ring. But, damn, I don't think I have ever witnessed the kind of political ineptness from the Ds this term that should make it easy for the Rs ..... like shooting fish in a barrel so to speak.

The problem is that the other side of the isle is just about as politically stupid and that says volumes about the current state of political affairs in America.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Sure, it's like watching an Illinois-Purdue game. Right now the game is to appeal to the base. I mean really, really, really appeal to the base. The problem with the Ds, though, is that they can't just win on the coasts. They have to venture inward. The Rs don't have to win on the coasts, well, non-SEC coasts.

BTW, this is worth a quick read and guffaw: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/..._n_186257.html

Linking to the HuffPo? -- Yes, I am worldy as motherfucking fuck.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Remarkably coherent it its absolute incorrectness. LMFAO.

TBF, there are some threads in that piece that, nearly a decade down the road are probably accurate. Conservatism has been somewhat reshaped ostensibly to appeal to a wider R base (IMO, not in a good way) ...... until DJT, philosophically anyway, yanked American conservatism back onto the right track. And this is not an endorsement of the public face of that orange haired buffoon but his policies matter (I think I heard that somewhere here)

As an aside, I read an interesting piece today about economic policy (presumably emanating from this administration) in and inflationary environment. Tax cuts, tariffs and fiscal policy are all inflationary in what is thought to be an expanding economy by all measures of it - stoking the economic fire when policy moderation might be a better approach. Inflation and the Fed's potentially over-reaction to it (rapid rise in interest rates), makes borrowing costs higher potentially strangling profits, creating a stock market drive and triggering a recession I'll have to sniff out some of the President's economic advisers on this bit of nitpicking.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• drove into downtown Topeka Saturday

one guy with a sign that said reelect trump--SAD otherwise no signs of protestors

the expo center where trump spoke satrurday was packed. the parking lots were as full as ive ever seen it

they covered the speech locally and of course on fox--I think msnbc was running reruns of cornhuskers in prison and cnn flipped to parts unkown as soon as the protestors went home from the supreme court

anyway it was pouring don rain all weekend but those people lined up 4 hours in advance to get inside that expocenter

I watched Kansas and boston in there and saw my grandson graduate all three times we parked in the parking lot. I never saw parking in the grass and beyond the parking lots like Saturday night.

kobach and Watkins both spoke and both hit home

trump sp[oke and was on point hammering home point after point --only a few exaggerations I could see

point is I think the base is fired up and I think the whole kavanugh think pissed off a lot of voters. see what happens but I think the seante is 53-47 after November and the house loses only a few

Comment

• What about Europe or Asia? It's hard to believe there'd be many of them, but how about at least one Foreigner?

Comment

• Ms. Haley resigns her post as UN Ambassador. I hope she opts for the national scene in the near future.

Comment

• I hope you opt for euthanasia
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Is that in Kazakhstan? Never been to Central Asia, but it sounds beautiful.

Comment

• I have nothing against the youth in asia

Comment

• dolts
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Somebody please write a memo to all snowflakes right and left that reaffirms there is no Constitutional right not to be offended. Jesus, maybe twitter addicts should be sterilized for the good of mankind.

Scott Kelly apologises for quoting the WW2 British PM, only to be attacked again for his apology.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Ms. Haley resigns her post as UN Ambassador. I hope she opts for the national scene in the near future.
                          I think she will make a run for president in the future. She was a really good Ambassador.

Comment

• I was going to post that Churchill thing, Jon, but I rail against that stuff too much as is. Glad you posted it. Insanity.

Comment

• A 2020 Trump/Haley ticket would have gravitas ...... at least the Haley part...... and, at the same, neutralize the impact the #metoo movement a bit.

Sets up a 2024 run for Haley nicely too.

Comment

• Curious timing on the Haley thing...couldn't wait till after the midterms?

Comment

Working...
                                X