No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats need to cut commercials of Cocaine Mitch talking about how we need to look at cuts to Social Security, Medicaire, and Medicaid in order to get the deficit under control. Raising taxes on the wealthy or corporations is apparently a non-starter. The Republican tax cut was a political bomb for them, which is why most of the R's aren't even talking bout it. Fewer than 40% of Americans approve of it and there was a Fox poll recently that indicated only about a third said that they had noticed a bump in their paycheck because of it.

Obamacare is more popular with American voters than the Republican-enacted tax cuts, according to a new Fox News Poll. Dems are campaigning on health care.

Comment

• Explosion at a Crimean college kills at least 10. Russia saying it was terrorism. Alarm bells should be going off at the Pentagon because Ukraine or Ukrainians are probably going to be blamed.

An 18-year-old student opened fire at fellow pupils, investigators in the Russia-annexed region say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Trump apparently also told the AP that if the GOP loses the House, well, that's not his fault! lulz
        fake news

Comment

• Comment

• Democrats need to cut commercials of Cocaine Mitch talking about how we need to look at cuts to Social Security, Medicaire, and Medicaid in order to get the deficit under control.
            Yeah, I mean, boy, sounds like Mitch is going to do it:

may well be difficult if not impossible to achieve when you have unified government."
            Obviously he's being asked about deficits and his opinion is that Rs CAN'T DO IT, that it can't be done without bipartisan support. Duh. And given, you know, the size of those various programs, it's quite obvious they ARE the bulk of the budget spending so it does make sense to suggest that cuts to those programs are probably requisite to lowering deficits in any meaningful way.

But, I have zero doubt the Ds will run campaign ads on it, as they should, with the complicit media in tow. And Mitch will still be Majority leader come January.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Democrats need to cut commercials of Cocaine Mitch talking about how we need to look at cuts to Social Security, Medicaire, and Medicaid in order to get the deficit under control. Raising taxes on the wealthy or corporations is apparently a non-starter. The Republican tax cut was a political bomb for them, which is why most of the R's aren't even talking bout it. Fewer than 40% of Americans approve of it and there was a Fox poll recently that indicated only about a third said that they had noticed a bump in their paycheck because of it.

Obamacare is more popular with American voters than the Republican-enacted tax cuts, according to a new Fox News Poll. Dems are campaigning on health care.
              It's astonishing how fast we've gone from ``will pay for themselves" to ``gotta cut spending". They knew the former wasn't true all along, but, unless voters call them on it, it will be just one more disincentive to the kind of accountability required in a healthy democracy.

Comment

• Oh gosh that brings me right back to my days on the cops beat in South Florida. It's always amusing when a police spox makes such an effort to deny the obvious humor in something.

Comment

• Aside from the puppet media reading Mitch's "we can't cut entitlements" to "we're going to cut entitlements, the real interesting news of the day, well, yesterday, was that the case against Harvard's racist admission policies started: http://time.com/5425147/harvard-affi...ican-students/

I believe we're finally nearing an end to the racist quota system. Thank god. And, of course, kudos to California for ending it awhile ago.

Comment

• You know, you're right. I've been way too cynical. If Mitch says they can't cut entitlements, then I guess that's just exactly what he means. I guess it really is the fault of the party that controls no branches of government that the deficit is unsustainable.

Comment

• It's Politics 101, but whatever. I'll take your concession. Stick to shares of the pie, Turkish esoteria, banana republics and chippy.

Comment

• I'd like to think Lizzy Warren is dead, but, you know "she persists" so she'll probably be our first women of color president... lol

As I noted yesterday afternoonthe law school had told the Harvard CrimsonHarvard CrimsonBenny Johnson notedinitially claimedtelling about her family history
                        Warren describes her family being torn apart by racial animosity . . . when everybody in the family is white. The Boston Globeincluded this quote from

Comment

• As long as banana republics are inbounds I'll have enough to go on.

That Warren thing was interesting. Textbook example of why you don't wrestle a pig. As a fan, I'm pretty disappointed in the political instincts there. Michael Bloomberg is the best candidate right now. You'd think the DNC establishment would love it because there'll be less talk of candidates not accepting corporate money, but I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck it up and run someone inferior.

Comment

• Textbook example of why you don't wrestle a pig
                            My wife quoted our crim law professor who is now dean and such who very unorginally said "don't ever argue with crazy people. You'll look crazy."

Joe Biden would win the general in a walk, but IMO they're going to nominate Harris. She'll still win, though. They'd have to thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly fuck up the nominating process to lose in 2020. I'm talking Corey Booker fucked up.

Comment

• Warren is a black hole of personality and polling indicates she wouldn't win the nomination over Biden or Sanders...and even gets beat by Kamala Harris

But Trump needs a foil and he deliberately chose the easiest target.

Comment

• But Trump needs a foil and he deliberately chose the easiest target.
                                He's a man of very limited skills, but he tends to do this well, or at least, more often than not he does it well.

But, in this particular go-around, it was Lizzy's preposterous DNA thing that rekindled the passion. Also, you know, when PDJT attacks you, generally a badge of honor for Ds.

Comment

Working...
                                X