Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Even without the bug, they have him going in and never coming out on surveillance. In this day and age with the camera being so ubiquitous I would automatically think a consulate or embassy would be under surveillance.

These guys showed up at the airport with their own passports and a few of them were know to be part of his security detail. It is all very sloppy. I've seen enough mob, spy and heist movies to believe these guys were not master planners but it still seems like they would be clued in to how obvious they were.
    More likely---they were emboldened by Trump's rhetoric (journalists/media is the enemy of the people) and know how much he values money. In addition, JK was only a US resident and that Trump and the MAGA people would believe just about any excuse they could come up with to NOT take action against SA. Not only that, but the Right wing has already begun smearing JK to make the Trump base feel good (Or at least not bothered) about JK's death.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
      Trump won't do anything because it might jeopardize his business interests.
      nah, He needs the Saudis to make nice with Israel against Iran and really dampen Iranian influence in the ME.

More important that his own personal wealth, which has dropped by 1B since his inauguration, is fixing the problem of Iran, a problem that the last administration made much worse.

Comment

• Why is it if a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet in the heat of passion, it's called murder?
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• #GentryProgs arguing that PDJT is responsible for the murder is a nice lithmus test for me.

nah, He needs the Saudis to make nice with Israel against Iran and really dampen Iranian influence in the ME.
          Your mistaken. Everything PDJT every does anywhere is about his business. Please read up on the #GentryProg talking points.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In this specific case, the business questions are warranted, Jared Kushner isn't reported to be good friends with MBS for his personality. I'm mean maybe he is, but that seems remote. It should be more than just a GentryProg talking point in my opinion, I would hope conservatives are a little queasy about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

More important that his own personal wealth, which has dropped by 1B since his inauguration, is fixing the problem of Iran, a problem that the last administration made much worse.
              Of course, if the Bush 2 administration had not gone into Iraq in the first place then Iran would not have been in a position to get more influence in the ME.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Iran has been an issue for 40-45 years but if you listen to Iran hawks, the worst is always just around the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Of course, if the Bush 2 administration had not gone into Iraq in the first place then Iran would not have been in a position to get more influence in the ME.
                  i stand by my comment. the 0bama admin took a problem and made it worse

Comment

• Welcome to October
                    Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown is preparing to take legal action against his Republican challenger, Rep. Jim Renacci, after the congressman released a statement Thursday evening accusing him of sexual harassment 30 years ago.

Comment

• I find this hilarious. DISQUALIFYING!

I will say this, I know for a fact that Senator Brown was banging a law school classmate of my mine in 1998-99ish -- and probably after that. That would have made him 46/47 and she was early 20s. I thought it was hilarious because she was all kinds of crazy and he was a fucking Rep at the time -- guy could have pulled someone way hotter and way less batshit.

Forgot all about it until he became Senator. Still makes me chuckle. I think he eventually re-married someone more age appropriate and almost certainly more sane. But, heh, those sowing your wild oats days...lol
                      Last edited by iam416; October 19, 2018, 01:53 PM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Senate polling this week has overall been quite a bit more positive for the Dems than last week. Kavanaugh effect wearing off, just a bit?

Comment

• US charges Russian national with interference in the 2018 election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Senate polling this week has overall been quite a bit more positive for the Dems than last week. Kavanaugh effect wearing off, just a bit?
                            I think to myself "only 19 more days"

Comment

• Rest easy. will declare it FAKE NEWS!!! and WITCH HUNT!!! and all will be well with the world.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Breaking: Saudi State tv confirming Khashoggi was killed in the Istanbul consulate

Comment

Working...
                                X