No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are watching that show too. Some of the massive coincidences that drive the plot are pretty annoying. Dunno if we make it all the way through S1.

Comment

• The GSA Inspector General has concluded that the agency improperly ignored constitutional issues in allowing Trump to keep his hotel lease in the old Post Office building (the Trumps technically do not own their hotel building in DC if anyone was not aware)

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Today, the Supreme Court issued a ruling in favor of workers or labor or whatever -- https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...7-340_o7kq.pdf

It's an excruciatingly technical opinion by Gorsuch focused on what "employment" meant in 1920. Some progressive commentators are apparently astonished that Justice Gorsuch is, well, a textualist. In any event, the opinion was unanimous. What I find most interesting is that Ginsburg, in addition to joining the opinion, wrote her own concurrence that basically said, "yeah, the words as they were used by Congress should have their ordinary meaning at the time of enactment, but sometimes we have to make exceptions." That, in and of itself, isn't interesting -- she clearly has the Civil Right Act and "because of sex" in mind. Ain't no way in hell she's relying on the ordinary meaning at the time when that comes up. BUT, no one else joined her concurrence. So, hooray on most counts. Gorsuch uses his brand of hypertechical textualism to reach a very progressive outcome and no one hops on board the daft RBG concurrence that says "yeah, I like rule in this case, but not all cases -- I'll let you know."
        It is interesting on the textualist front with Gorsuch, I read a pretty long article on some different case altogether where liberal groups have changed their tact specifically to court Gorsuch. I can't recall the article or case at the moment, but it will come to me.

At any rate, those trucking companies had really figured out a way to screw the truckers up.

Comment

• Which was known before he was even friggin elected. Turtle pace not good enough.

Comment

• Occasional Cortex strikes again!!

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., used a strange and sexually charged phrase to describe to the Washington Post her plan for implementing a progressive agenda.

Comment

• She wants to brutally gang rape the Progressive Agenda

g1gevi9s1ua21.png?width=551&auto=webp&s=0381c08fccc80043d2e2b6ea8233ffbe5ecc323f.png

Comment

• At any rate, those trucking companies had really figured out a way to screw the truckers up.
                Yeah, it was some bullshit. Glad the textual argument produced a good result.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maxine waters and Alexandra ocasio cortex running/on finance committee

this ought to be a hoot

Comment

• Good lord
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• No way. They'll spend like drunken republicans. We've got $21T in debt to deal with.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Man...even if Rudy Giuliani is working for free, Trump's overpaying him. Guy is just awful in these interviews.

Comment

• The security threat grows harder by the day to deny, and the list of people to be removed is increasing too. That fantastic scenario about Russian money laundering via campaign finance seems likely, or, unless I've missed it, those dots have already been connected. How long do we need to wait? At the very least get Trump out of there while you work to see how many more must also be hauled away.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            The security threat grows harder by the day to deny, and the list of people to be removed is increasing too. That fantastic scenario about Russian money laundering via campaign finance seems likely, or, unless I've missed it, those dots have already been connected. How long do we need to wait? At the very least get Trump out of there while you work to see how many more must also be hauled away.
                            Being noted by many that Rudy is again moving the goalposts. "I never claimed there was no collusion!" is a pretty good sign that something pointing pretty confidently in the collusion direction is probably coming. Almost certainly involving Manafort but possibly others. Recall that Manafort still has a joint defense agreement with Trump's team, so Trump's lawyers are reading everything that Manafort's lawyers see.The recent Mueller filing was 800 pages of documents and exhibits that demonstrate that Manafort has continued lying even after pleading guilty; his lawyers today asked for a brief extension to give them extra time to respond because there was so much (and assume they're sharing it all with Team Trump).

Comment

• Also "If the collusion happened, it happened a long time ago" is a really weird comment.

Comment

• Rudy must have gotten his law degree from Trump University or perhaps it was just mail order from a diploma mill. Write a check and get to put "J.D." after his name. Could you imagine that clown in a real court of law? Many people would probably want to have him on their team. Guaranteed appeal of conviction due to clear counselor incompetence. .

Interesting hearings for Bill Barr. Pretty much said all the right things until yesterday. No I will not guarantee that Mueller's report will be released. To the public. To Congress. Possibly at all. It is all what Dear Leader wants.

Somebody schedule Mueller for a long public speech immediately as the report is released, before puts an 'eyes only' classification on it and orders Barr to bury it. You know this is coming. Since impeachment and removal is not held in a court of law, not releasing Mueller's report "just because I don't want it released", could that be considered obstruction?
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X