X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    And a bomb in a van...

Supposedly he has an on-line manifesto.
    Yeah, I haven't (and won't) read his manifesto or see the horrific video (which was live-streamed on Facebook apparently) but everything I'm running across from people who've seen both say the shooter's a neo-nazi/white nationalist. Still unclear if he had help or if he was just able to get around quite a bit before being caught.

Comment

• Comment

• It'll be interesting to see how the Rs and PDJT get blamed for the New Zealand tragedy.

Meanwhile, Beto may have been Beto when he was running against Ted Cruz, but now that he's running in the D Primary he's just Robert Francis -- too white, too male, too privileged: https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-un...f-beto-orourke and https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beto-...b038892f4b15ec and https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ps-white-male/

Last edited by iam416; March 15, 2019, 06:51 AM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• already seeiig a divide in how the media is covering Beta. Half are falling all over themselves, treating him like the second coming of 0bama, and the other half are Bernie Bros lol

Comment

• Speaking of executive overreach on a smaller scale, Governor Newsom has decided to ignore California's death penalty. He has said that he will commute every death sentence that comes up during his term without exception. That shits on the legislature, courts and popular will (via ballot referendum). Gavin's word is the law, apparently.

Comment

• Shitting on the legislature, the courts, and especially the will of the people? If you tossed in shitting on the Constitution, he'd be Trump. Repubs should be thrilled that a dem acts like their hero.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• In NZ, 1 in 4 own a firearm. There were 14 gun murders (out of 35) in the whole country last year. NZ requires a criminal background check, a mental health background check, a notarized statement as to the.purpose of owning a firearm, 3 references from non-family attesting to character, secure storage of the firearm, and a police visit inspecting the secure storage. And no gun registration. IMHO, these are reasonable actions that up until yesterday were highly effective. It also demonstrates that no matter what you do, evil will occasionally raise its ugly head no matter the precautions.
                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; March 15, 2019, 07:30 AM.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Shitting on the legislature, the courts, and especially the will of the people? If you tossed in shitting on the Constitution, he'd be Trump. Repubs should be thrilled that a dem acts like their hero.
                  Did you not read my transition? -- "Speaking of executive overreach on a smaller scale.."

Comment

• Wake up to find 49 people dead in the New Zealand terrorist attack. Horrible. Police did in fact find several IEDs in cars but were able to safely dispose of them. 4 people in custody (they had enough guts to massacre unarmed people huddling in corners but not shoot it out with the police).

This is a good article in explaining the particular subculture this guy came from among the Alt Right. A lot of what's in his 'manifesto', even the fact that he left a manifesto, should not be taken at face value and is just there to bait and troll people.

Someone could probably write a quality post about the dangers of irony and coming to legitimately believe in the things you once found ironic. It's part of this subculture to post horrible things like Holocaust jokes, admiration for Hitler, this or that group needs to die, etc etc. with the intention of riling people up. Some people start off treating it like a joke as a form of teenage nihilism...but then the more they research their material and hang out with like-minded people, suddenly they aren't doing it as a joke anymore.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest...sque-massacre/

Comment

• North Korea threatens to end all talks. Says the chemistry between Kim and Trump is "mysteriously wonderful" but is clearly trying to drive a wedge between Trump and Pompeo/Bolton.

"Personal relations between the two supreme leaders are still good and the chemistry is mysteriously wonderful," Kim Jong Un's vice foreign minister added.

Comment

• Last edited by Hannibal; March 15, 2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• [Angry reactionary post erased]
                          Last edited by Hannibal; March 15, 2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• It's hard to tell how much of Cruz's close race is due to changing demographics, how much is due to Beto, and how much is due to Cruz being highly unlikable and that he spent most of his first term self-promoting and grandstanding.

Comment

• I know that Cruz is unlikeable, but his agenda seems to have been in line with what Texans want, for the most part. I don't otherwise think of him as being an easily defeated incumbent. Is he more unlikeable than he was when he won his seat the first time by sixteen points? I don't know. At any rate, If Beta gets the nomination, I think that he wins. If I was a Dem, he'd be the guy that I want. Biden doesn't scare me. Neither do Booker, Harris, or Bernie.

Comment

• The only Clinton state that Trump has a shot at winning is New Hampshire. I still think Biden has the best chance at flipping Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin back to Dem states. And that's all the Dem needs to do, even if NH flips.

Comment

Working...
                                X