Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oracle
    started a topic Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

I hope most end up landing here. I'm gonna hang out here since this is one of my regular visits. Let's hope more follow.
    Last edited by lineygoblue; November 23rd, 2015, 07:52 PM.

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Muh President has had a very active morning. Shooting off 12 tweets already. This one's the best. Bill Clinton says hello.

Leave a comment:

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    That's pretty selfless of you. All for the greater good.

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    Hell, just look at our money:

*one dollar bill, Washington. Owned slaves.
    *two dollar bill, Jefferson. Owned slaves.
    *five dollar bill, Lincoln. Never owned, bought, sold, or traded slaves.
    *ten dollar bill, Hamilton bought, sold, and traded slaves while managing his family's affairs. Never personally owned them.
    *twenty dollar bill, Jackson owned slaves
    *fifty dollar bill, Grant owned slaves
    *hundred dollar bill, Franklin owned slaves.

Keep your fives. Send the rest to me for “disposal”.

Leave a comment:

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    The War on Snowflakes is an absolute travesty. Weak kneed hand wringing, faux outrage and crocodile tears are a Constitutionally protected way of life. How dare anyone, ANYONE, criticize those who swoon when their oh-so-delicate sensitivities are ruthlessly upset? The moral outrage of widespread failing to be offended shakes America to the core. I'm so upset that I'll...I'll...tweet!!!!

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    Kate Smith did whatever in the 1930s. Try telling the Ds they were the party of segregation.

People change. Parties change. Whatever.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    The new normal. Crazy, but just try making that argument. Might as well sign up for Richard Spencer’s outfit of fucktwats.

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    Al Kaline had what is called a "slip of the tongue" on a Detroit radio show when he was 71 years old. He was asked if he knew a certain player (who reveled he is gay) and played in MLB in the 60s. Kaline said yea everybody knew his was a 'FAG' - But we didn't care he was a really nice guy. Right! What a homophobic ass!!

Down it goes!

4b76a20f4d22d30bbb98eb00717c9447.jpg

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    This monstrosity at Detroit Tigers Comerica Park should (and will be) taken down shortly. Or there will be more riots again. He should also be kicked out of the HOF, his Name and records will be stricken from all Detroit Tiger statistics. And never spoken again!!

Tycobb.jpg

CobbMarker.jpg

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    Kate Smith's statue has been taken down after being covered up. Now this statue of Bobby Clarke and Berine Perent has to come down immediately. The Flyers were the "Broad Street "Bullies". Bulling is not right or something to be proud of !! It amazes me that this club would self-impose such an intensive moniker. It's only right that they distance themselves from those players associated with the Broad Street Bullies, up to and including removing statues, and terminating staff. This is a disgrace. (Clarke is still currently an executive with the team)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg3b0IPL2Tjf3CqsZQ72ePoG71QDhk3MH4K_WkbOHlJ5m3GqgJ.jpg
    Last edited by WingsFan; Yesterday, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Since the Far Left is just now discovering that pretty much every singer that was around in the 20's and 30's has some racist songs in their discography (see below)...

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/22/71591...r-sports-teams

I thought I'd post this story from the other end of the spectrum which I had never heard before.

Back in 2009 the Yankees settled a lawsuit for throwing a fan out of the game for attempting to go take a piss during "God Bless America" (which was then being played every 7th inning stretch). A cop told the fan to stay in his seat; no one was allowed to leave their seats during the song. He said he had to go to the bathroom and tried to walk around the cop. Thereafter a second cop showed up immediately and hauled him off outside. Wasn't charged with resisting in any way. Yankees ended up paying him $10,000.

So only ten years ago the Yankees were using NYPD officers to enforce 'respect' for the song and today they've banned the Kate Smith version entirely.

https://www.nyclu.org/en/press-relea...ts-during-song
    Just wait until they find out that 12 presidents owned slaves, 8 while in office, and even many (most?) of the remaining few presidents before Rutherford B. who didn't own slaves were like, "meh. whatever."

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

It may or may not make a difference. The one possible charge Trump should worry about is Deutsche Bank. He used a piece of property as a demonstration of wealth that he fraudulently inflated when applying for the loan. Worth $14M and after a couple of years, appreciated to $19M. No biggie. But when Trump applied for the loan, he listed it as worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $291M. But when tax time rolled around, its value magically changed to less than $25M. Such inflated value in pursuit of a loan is called "bank fraud". The subpoena leveled at Deutsche Bank for the application could pose a problem for Trump. His tax returns could either corroborate the bank fraud accusation and could possibly expose him to tax fraud depending upon what is in his return. Given Trump's uncontrollable urge to lie, his tax returns might very well give him reason to be concerned. The fact that he has refused to release his returns (as is his right not to) only makes him look even more deceptive and slimy (if that's possible).
    Yeah, I've questioned before the legality of some of his tricks he uses for property taxes. He's got limitless resources compared with most county auditor offices, however, and rather than be dragged through years of litigation, the local governments tend to end up caving in or compromising with him.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Since the Far Left is just now discovering that pretty much every singer that was around in the 20's and 30's has some racist songs in their discography (see below)...

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/22/71591...r-sports-teams

I thought I'd post this story from the other end of the spectrum which I had never heard before.

Back in 2009 the Yankees settled a lawsuit for throwing a fan out of the game for attempting to go take a piss during "God Bless America" (which was then being played every 7th inning stretch). A cop told the fan to stay in his seat; no one was allowed to leave their seats during the song. He said he had to go to the bathroom and tried to walk around the cop. Thereafter a second cop showed up immediately and hauled him off outside. Wasn't charged with resisting in any way. Yankees ended up paying him $10,000.

So only ten years ago the Yankees were using NYPD officers to enforce 'respect' for the song and today they've banned the Kate Smith version entirely.

https://www.nyclu.org/en/press-relea...ts-during-song

Leave a comment:

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    .....said the main goal of Trump’s team may be not to block the subpoena forever but simply to delay it so any damaging information comes out after the 2020 election.
    It may or may not make a difference. The one possible charge Trump should worry about is Deutsche Bank. He used a piece of property as a demonstration of wealth that he fraudulently inflated when applying for the loan. Worth $14M and after a couple of years, appreciated to $19M. No biggie. But when Trump applied for the loan, he listed it as worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $291M. But when tax time rolled around, its value magically changed to less than $25M. Such inflated value in pursuit of a loan is called "bank fraud". The subpoena leveled at Deutsche Bank for the application could pose a problem for Trump. His tax returns could either corroborate the bank fraud accusation and could possibly expose him to tax fraud depending upon what is in his return. Given Trump's uncontrollable urge to lie, his tax returns might very well give him reason to be concerned. The fact that he has refused to release his returns (as is his right not to) only makes him look even more deceptive and slimy (if that's possible).

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Still not enough polls yet to say Mueller significantly hurt Trump, but the "total exoneration" certainly hasn't helped him.

The always-friendly Rasmussen poll has shown a sharp swing. On April 9th Trump was +8. Trump even tweeted to boast about it. In their poll released today he is now at -4.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X