Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oracle
    started a topic Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

I hope most end up landing here. I'm gonna hang out here since this is one of my regular visits. Let's hope more follow.
    Last edited by lineygoblue; November 23rd, 2015, 07:52 PM.

• iam416
    replied
    Economy is great. Great time to be alive. But, it matters not for November.

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    Originally posted by Whitley View Post

The economy on the surface (especially for the 1%) is very good but a continuation of started under Obama.

For the vast majority of people (including 44 million that work full time and have another job on the side to make ends meat) it is not working under Trump.
    speak for yourself. My household income was stagnate for the previous 7 years. Since Jan 2017 it has increased 20,000, not including bonuses.

It's working great. You are starting to see construction again, which is a great sign. And when I file taxes next year and get more of my money back, cant wait.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Trump walks back the 'immediate declassification' of texts and documents...he's handing it off to an IG to see what can and can't be released. Says he'll declassify things himself 'if it proves necessary'

Leave a comment:

• Whitley
    replied
    Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    I don't know why dems think it's smart to simultaneously claim credit for the economy and to claim the economy sucks lol
    The economy on the surface (especially for the 1%) is very good but a continuation of started under Obama.

For the vast majority of people (including 44 million that work full time and have another job on the side to make ends meat) it is not working under Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    Good golly, a lesson in how NOT to woo minority voters. At least they apologized.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-45598112

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    I don't know why dems think it's smart to simultaneously claim credit for the economy and to claim the economy sucks lol

Leave a comment:

• Ghengis Jon
    replied
    Study finds that less than 1 in 5 GOP ads refer to the economy, its all attack ads. Granted it's republican SOP to shoot the messenger/ignore the message when faced with negative news. But a good economy (positive news) is not worth associating with? It's better to demonize your opponent than point to what is making things better for everyone? Now before all the resident Trump cultists get their snowflake panties in a bunch, and start sniveling that "they do it too!", I think the real question is why as a nation do we nominate blowhards instead of adults? What has our national psychology devolved into?

How low has this gone? See the second link. The GOP requested info through the FOIA and inappropriately received personnel information on the target. Did they do the right thing? Fuck no, they distorted and released it in attack ads.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/1347592002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ig/1262369002/
    Last edited by Ghengis Jon; Today, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Lol, Kapture. Good stuff.

Ed Whelan is doing his best not to call her story complete political hatchetry. He’s trying to rationalize how she could honestly mistaken. That’s his error.
    Um, well his error may also have been to publicly accuse someone (by name) of sexual assault and published that guy's former home/address to prove a 'point' and defend a close friend.

He himself just apologized this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    the Senate should reject the accusers terms. no way in hell should Kavanaugh have to testify first, how the hell does he know what he's even defending himself against? it's why the accuser always goes first in a trial.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Internal GOP poll shows RNC has concluded the Party has lost the message fight over the tax cuts. 44-45 voter support it...BUT...

61% of respondents to a poll conducted by the RNC itself said the tax cut primarily benefits corporation and the wealthy, not average Americans.

Only 30% said average Americans are the main beneficiaries of the tax cut

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...le-on-tax-cuts

Furthermore a majority of voters believe the GOP will eventually cut Medicaire and Social Security in order to continue these tax cuts that they see as mainly befitting the rich.
    The tax cuts were a very stupid thing to spend political capital on.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    The fact remains that the Republicans have complete control over this. They control the Senate, so they can confirm Kavanaugh. But they are wavering. Or at least enough of them are to where the appointment has some doubt.

The Republicans are so pathetic when it comes to wielding power. I'll say it again. Democrats cannot relate.
    Last edited by Hannibal; Today, 07:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kapture1
    replied
    gf0cc9q72in11.png?width=622&s=4c7b06b17d71f4601f878d685e75fdd70dceafc1.png

Leave a comment:

• WingsFan
    replied
    Nope I never had a girlfriend till I was 21 - all downhill after that

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    You'll never be a Justice on the Geezer Court.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X