No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been impressed by Pelini yet. His sole accomplishment is losing to the Colt McCoy-led Tejas team by a point. I can't think of another coach who has gotten as much mileage out of a close loss as Pelini.

Comment

• The bigger problem for UNL is they are recruiting-isolated. What Devaney and then Osborned did was fairly remarkable even considering the way things were. Right now, I think UNL has a significant recruiting disadvantge vis-a-vis top programs. It's obviously not insurmountable. They're no worse off than Wisky, e.g.

Pelini is a good coach, I think. He was absolutely the right guy to clean up the Callahan disaster that The Wizard endorsed. But, I'm not sure if he's the guy lead them back to Solich Era Glory.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I can't think of another coach who has gotten as much mileage out of a close loss as Pelini.
        Easy. Jabba The Weis. Bush Push. Hands down.

Comment

• Eh. It's kinda close. Weis inherited a marginally talented team, made the BCS twice, and turned a shitty QB into a high draft pick. He definitely got a lot of mileage out of that loss, but he had some genuine early accomplishments to go with them too.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The bigger problem for UNL is they are recruiting-isolated. What Devaney and then Osborned did was fairly remarkable even considering the way things were.
            'Roids

Comment

• He made the BCS b/c of the name and was thoroughly humiliated in each game.

The USC-ND game, IIRC, almost instantly resulted in a massive contract extension. They beat USC on 10/15 and he had a 30-40M extension by 10/30. It's not close, IMO.

Comment

• Yeah that contract extension was kinda hilarious.

I still contend that Weis looked like a legitimately good coach in his first two years. However easy ND's schedule was in those years, getting through them with two regular season losses (considering the mess that Willingham left for him) and returning the program to national recruiting prominence was very impressive at the time.

Comment

• Eh, appearances, maybe. Regardless, it was a hilarious episode at ND because it so thoroughly highlighted how utterly mediocre that program is and how fucking desperate their fans are for anything close to resembling a top 10 team.

Frankly, I think their Maryland-izing their uniforms is appropriate. It's what shitball mid-level programs do to bring attention to themselves because their on-field product is so bad. It's almost like they're hoping everyone will pay attention to the clownish uniforms instead of their play.

Comment

• Pelini has actually won more games in his first four years than Osborne did, 38 to 37...?course, so did Frank Solich (42). Pelini has also lost more games than Osborne did (12) and has yet to finish in the Top 10 as Osborne did every year. In fact, Osborne?s fourth team (1976) was preseason No. 1; that accomplishment is nowhere in sight at the moment.

My problem is that Bo simply makes too many questionable decisions, and that his teams are not fundamentally sound which leads to a lack of consistency and missed opportunities. I don?t know that those characteristics are something he?s going to grow out of, as a result of them I firmly believe he isn?t getting everything out of the program that it is capable of. JMO.

Comment

• Irish arrogance, suppose ND would now be willing to give Meyer those 6 scholarship exemptions he requested when he interviewed with South Bend before taking the Florida gig.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I never endorsed the Callahan Folly...and Talent has no tangible proof of it other than his word (keep in mind...he IS a lawyer)...

Talent:

piss off
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Some fine fiddlin' Virtuoso Charlie Daniels. He's been known to dance like a dervish in the past.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Talent is a whirling dervish...and I don't even know what that is...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Me either, sounds pretty gay* though.

* No pro-homo spam , thanks.

Comment

• Well Talent is a flaming homo...so it does kinda make sense...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X