No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plan is for him to be an OL. I think UNL will still use the peso, but the base will move back to the 4-3.

Bo likes the Peso because it puts speed on the field. Plus, at least last year, that also meant the best 11 players were on the field at once.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Peso was just another name for the Buck (SAM) linebacker in Bo’s scheme. Played it more man-to-man than he would have with a traditional SAM-type body manning the spot, but otherwise the responsibilities were the same, except that we had DBs instead ‘backers. They bumped the apex receivers then either trailed, zone-dropped, or banjoed onto an underneath route, and helped cover the flats.

As we progressed into 2010 and learned how talented these guys were in man coverage we morphed into a Cover 2 Man defense, and essentially became a less-aggressive version of what Charlie McBride was doing 17 years earlier, basically a full-time Dime package based on man principles. We got gouged in the run game more as Bo plays a high two, whereas McBride was a one-high guy, but we never got beat deep either.

What we have stepping into those shoes, both as DBs and LBs, is largely unknown. None of have played much.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8J5ER1dQEg&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Nebraska Football 2011, Can You Feel It - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Great article on how Nebraska feels

Comment

• Really starting to enjoy Sam's articles. He's been good before, but seems to have taken another step lately. Article is about Bubba, Fall practice, ESPN, and Fresno State

Comment

• btw.. sounds like Dennard is hurt. not good for UNL. You don't lose an all american level CB and just replace him

Comment

• Btw... I love the BTN

Comment

• It's a bit amateurish at times, but it is pretty awesome just based on principle. Imagine how great ESPN would be if they gave a crap about their product as much as the BTN cares about theirs.

Comment

• http://www.omaha.com/article/20110817/BIGRED/708179775/-1#blackshirts-ankrah-randle-lined-up-on-right-track

another good article by sam

Comment

• Entropy:

You going to make it to Lincoln for the Ohio State game?
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• yes. are you going?

Comment

• Yes. I actually have plans to tailgate with Old Scribe. Unfortunately, heh, my wife is coming, too. She's a bit reticient over hanging out with "internet friends", but I told her that was part of the deal.

Anyway, I'll be there. Airfare has been purchased. I'll hopefully watch live as Joe Bausermann guides the Buckeyes offense to 6 points.

Comment

• you are welcome to stop by if you get tired of OS... which should be after 10 mins. Unless his wife is there, then maybe 1 hr. Even she can't offset OS for very long.
                            Last edited by entropy; August 18, 2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Good lord. Heh. Well, I always knew traveling to the Nebraska posed a significance risk bordering on metaphysical certainty of spending time with dullards. Buyer beware, as they say.

I'll get in touch with you closer to the game. Any Omaha hotel recommendations?

Comment

• Last time I stayed in Omaha I was in the 7th grade and it was for 4-H. I'd have no idea. I would try Lincoln, personally. Even if it is a place just to sleep, the drive after the game will be tough. I-80 will be like a parking lot all the way to Omaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X