Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    I might be crazy.. but with UNL's extra coach in April, I'd like to see the huskers pay Les Miles to be the Run Game Coordinator and Co-OL coach. Or at least someone like him to fill that position.

I doubt UNL will make any move like this, but it's the type of move that is needed. The team needs help in the run game and Les can do that.
    They have plenty of inventory in the run game; what they need are OL that can pull to fill it out. IDK that Les can help with that. Maybe. In general though, he is one of the last people I'd go to for help on offense.

Whether they are going to call enough runs keep people happy is another matter. Langsdorf isn't a smallball guy; if the YPC are low, he's going to throw it. That's never going to change IMO.

Comment

• What UNL will do is give the job to a current GA and call him a co-OL coach.. jmo.

Les knows what he's doing in OL development and running the ball. I wouldn't question that. QB development and passing game, yes.. I'd question.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• what they need are OL that can pull to fill it out
        I thought they also needed a C that doesn't get stood up and driven back....by punters...
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I thought they also needed a C that doesn't get stood up and driven back....by punters...

...sigh...

sad, but true

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Les Miles would fix that.

Comment

• les can recruit lineman..

Comment

• Les is more
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• sounds like Jaylin Bradley has improved his grades enough and if things don't slip, will qualify to play CF. Good news for Nebraska. Under-recruited/reviewed RB from Bellevue.

Comment

• also sounds like UNL is in the mix for a talent Indiana TE commit who is now looking around. Position of need for UNL.

Comment

• Great postgame interview from Miles, after the Iowa win. First thing he says "Yes, we practice free throws." lol

Comment

• LOL..

Comment

• Taylor was 12 of 14 before tonight. I think he was 0 for 6, with missing 2 at the end of regulation that would have won the game and 2 in double OT that would have put the game away with less than 10 seconds to play.

Iowa also hit some shots that were unbelievable and out rebounded UNL. BUT the huskers had a bunch of steals and hit some big 3's. No scoring droughts either. They looked like a basketball team, something they did not about 6 games ago

Comment

• Don't know if it was a joke, but I don't think Les would consider a drop to a position coach.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Maybe Saban will take the job after this next national title, like a part-time gig. That would be cool, even though in terms of staffing it'd still leave us short.

Comment

• regarding Holmes from Biggins:

"I don't think Nebraska is necessarily out of it and there is a scenario, albeit a long shot for them in this one. As of right now, I don't think Darnay knows what he wants to do and is being pulled in a lot of different directions. I was talking with Keyshawn Sr earlier today and we both agreed it would probably be a good idea for him not to even commit on Saturday if he's not 100% sure of what he wants to do and right now, he's not even at 75%. Key still thinks Neb has a shot but I think the feeling is the other three schools are higher right now. Mom and dad are both pushing different schools and it could get to a point where Darnay just decides to do his own thing and picks a completely different school, which in this case would be Nebraska. I think it's a bit of a long shot but still a punchers chance."

Everything I read or hear suggest Darnay is a long shot for UNL. What I can hope for now is Darnay goes to USC. I believe USC wants only one more DB, and that would mean Lenoir and Greg Johnsons chances of coming to UNL improve significantly.

Comment

Working...
                                X