Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    And this game looking like a giant bag of ass-suck doesn't help.
    It will look better after about 10 drinks and 5,000 calories.

Comment

• Amen, Hoss. Blackout drunk is the only way for me to endure Hi State running plays when they have the ball (calling it an offense is an insult to the other 119 FBS teams that actually run an offense). Good lord, I'm going to barf all over Entropy's tailgate set up!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        I cringed every time Brent Mushmouth referred to them as the Blackshirts. Livin' in the Past.
        Blackshirts haven't been handed out yet. Bo feels nobody deserves them.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• They could shut out Hi State, and there still wouldn't be anything to indicate they deserve them.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Amen, Hoss. Blackout drunk is the only way for me to endure Hi State running plays when they have the ball (calling it an offense is an insult to the other 119 FBS teams that actually run an offense). Good lord, I'm going to barf all over Entropy's tailgate set up!
            Your best bet is to spring Wiz from the Territorial Prison in Larmie, get some Boots, JD & a Cowboy Hat. Next spend the day getting loaded in the parking lot while lighting shit on fire. You see, in the Nebraska Territory, YOU are the law. Boy, BTW, OSU is gonna take a beating, thanks Tressel.

Assuming you have both feet still, tuck one of these in your boot, better yet double up.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Pack with rain in mind Talent. Not supposed to be cold (High of 77, but I'll bet it barely cracks 70) but I get the impression it could one of those lingering, all-day rain events. The temps around here have been crashing after sunset, so the game itself could be a chilly, wet affair.

Comment

• Heh...TWC has already changed Saturday's forecast high from 77 yesterday to 72 today. Scattered thunderstorms predicted.

Comment

• fuck me...

I guess I will need 3 tents for sure.

Comment

• btw.. on a Nebraska board they are doing season predictions.

the #1 prediction preseason was 9-3, now 7-5

Comment

• I bet that forecast high temp drops to the upper 60s by Friday. Not that its bad or anything, but significant difference from 77. End of the game will be upper 40s I expect, hopefully dry.

Comment

• I was hoping for a day like this..
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Still looks like Gayville.....
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yeah, but when Michigan plays there, .. you'll go.:-D
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Umm guys, a kid that works for me is from Nebraska and I warned him about what might happen at Camp Randall. I'm NOT sure Alabama could go in there and beat them this Saturday. It's never an easy win in that Stadium, EVER. Especially the way they some how wrangled that Russell Wilson kid in there to play QB. Nebraska went punch for punch with them for 2 quarters then Taylor Martinez did a pretty good Tony Romo impersonation.Nebraska is still going to win their division in the Big Ten, what the fuck is it the Legends or something? Michigan is explosive but not proven against a good team, MSU is solid but plays y'all in Lincoln and Northwestern has Dan Persa but still. I see the Cornhuskers getting a shot at Wisconsin in Indy this year. I'm a huge Michigan fan and man I HOPE I'm wrong but Nebraska's troubles are over in the Big Ten for the regular season.
                              Go Slippery Rock!

Comment

• Dirk Chatelain: It's starting to feel like 2007 all over again
                                http://sports.omaha.com/2011/10/05/7058/

Dirk’s Brunch Bites, Oct. 5

BY DIRK CHATELAIN | 9:21 AM, WEDNESDAY, OCT. 5 | POSTED IN BIG RED TODAY SPORTS BLOG

Tuesday night, I had a flashback.

I know, the talent level is deeper. I know, the coaching staff is better. I keep telling myself those things.

But Nebraska got pummeled on national TV Saturday night. Now Yoshi Hardrick is defending Taylor Martinez from a girl in Spanish class. Bo Pelini is conducting longer, more competitive, more physical practices.

This feels like September 2007 all over again.

Remember that fall, Nebraska also had a fourth-year head coach coming off a Big 12 championship game loss to Oklahoma and a bowl game defeat. Remember the defense was supposed to be pretty good — and wasn’t. Remember the quarterback issues.

Bill Callahan responded to the USC embarrassment with full-pads practices. Why, you ask, weren’t the Huskers in full pads before? Callahan didn’t have an answer.

After the USC blowout, NU avoided upset against Ball State. But public scrutiny intensified, prompting Corey McKeon’s famous remarks at a press conference. A few quotes from that day:

“It’s no joke that college football makes a lot of money for universities, especially this one. The great fans we have, we sell out every game. That’s big. It’s important for this state to win. But…you’re being scrutinized for being 3-1. People aren’t looking at it like it’s just fun college football.”

“This isn’t a down year for Nebraska. We’re 3-1 and people are looking at it like…we’re Notre Dame, like we’re 0-4.”

“You think it just ends on the field with the fans? No, it doesn’t end there. It doesn’t end anywhere. It’s hard for me to go to class after playing the way I played. It’s hard for me to sit there and know that everyone around me is looking at me thinking something.”

“People only see the game. I really, really feel sorry for people. I wish they could be in the locker room. I wish they could see what people are going through, seeing Andy Sand. Every time he hits somebody, his shoulder is busted out of place. No one knows that. Larry Asante thought he broke three of his ribs and he was out there the next play…These kids are tough. It’s not like they’re not trying.”

“All this garbage on Facebook and on the Internet and all the blogs, it’s garbage.”

I empathized with Corey McKeon that day, just as I empathize with Taylor Martinez now. They’re two very different people — one never met a camera he didn’t like, the other not so much. But both have experienced the drawbacks of Husker football fame.

Martinez didn’t sit in front of cameras Monday and lecture the public. But clearly, he’s tired of the fishbowl. (By the way, the media was pretty easy on Martinez after Saturday night; the heat Taylor feels is coming straight from fans). He’s “mad.” He vows to do something about it.

Four years ago — on this day, Oct. 5 — Nebraska was 4-1. Not a very impressive 4-1, but still 4-1. Nobody saw 5-7 on the horizon. The sixth game on the 2007 schedule was Missouri. The Huskers traveled to Columbia, got drubbed again and the whole thing unraveled.

This team has a much weaker opponent Saturday night in Ohio State. But it’s still a dangerous setting. Football teams are fragile, especially after losses like Saturday.

If Bo doesn’t push the right buttons — if leaders on the team don’t bring the locker room together — this thing could go south fast. Under Bo, the Huskers have generally responded well to adversity. I think they will again.
                                But during a week like this one, 2007 doesn’t feel so long ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X