No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is an intense dude. On the recruiting trail and the field.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I just had a beat writer for Michigan agree with me on twitter Nebraska will pass Michigan within 2 years. ugh FROST!

now please I want you too stfu

Comment

• I'd give that prognostication about a 90% chance of actually happening. The 10% that it won't happen applies to a fan base with expectations that may exceed reality.

Ask me how I know this.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• How?

Comment

• My enthusiasm is tempered. I think there is a very good chance he will succeed but not as quick or as high as many delusional husker fans think. We are staring down a 7-5 season in year 1 at best. Maybe 8-4 or 9-3 in year 2. Hopefully we are competing for the B1G Title in year 3 and beyond. The key is to have some success early...be competitive in the losses and show future recruits this is a bandwagon you want to jump on to. If he suffers some blowouts in year 1 and 2 I'm afraid the same old malaise that saddled the last 4 regimes may resurface. I don't anticipate that but this is a new age in CFB...this ain't the days of Osborne, Woody Hayes, Bo and Bear.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ....... well, I've watched M football for 40+ years. The hope came sometime in mid-April after every "almost" prior season. That started with Bo, and went on all the way through Hoke with just one, ONE, actually got there in '97.

By the time Harbaugh showed up, that hope had become a bit dimmed with the reality of the Rodriguez years and his crying, then the utter frustration with Hokeorges's/Hokenuss's last two years. Add the Dave Brandon debacle and the decades of the capacity of the University to inflict serious wounds upon itself and the athletic department, and you've got a stew that feeds a good deal of discontent among what should be loyal fans.

So how do I know that there will be the 10% of Husker fans whose expectations will exceed reality? I'm among the likely 50% of M fans today who have for decades smoked the hopeium of every April to have had enough of that shit.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I feel your pain.

Now shaddup.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FROST is a whining, crying, little baby (much like Rich Rod) but I think he will do better than said coach.

Comment

• Hang on...let me get a picture of him from the 1998 Orange Bowl holding the National Championship Trophy...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've seen Nebraska fans predict 10 wins next season. We have a segment of our fan base who thinks if they run harder, lift more and puke they'll win it all in no time. They are sold on the idea that every walkon can be an all-American, they just need the right coaches and correct training program. They ignore the fact that the legendary players were mostly scholarship and many of them highly regarded/recruited. But fantasy=reality... so as long as Frost says the right things to them but still recruits at a high level, it is fine. If he buys into it like Bo did, UNL will be Iowa.

I think Frost is competitive enough and smart enough to succeed and balance all the segments in the fan base. I think this is one of the better classes we've seen at Nebraska in years. Frost recruited to his system. It's clear. He didn't take a 230lb rb and try to convince fans they wanted a big back for his spread. They didn't recruit a TE for an OC who states the TE is an outdate position. They didn't just chase stars to get the press only to come up short on WR #'s. He has a plan and is executing on it. So I'm happy to see that.

Does that mean UNL will be OSU or bama in the near future? No. I think most rational fans would suggest top20 seasons with consistency and building towards top10 achievable and a good goal. You will have those years where it all comes together..
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• shaddup
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          I just had a beat writer for Michigan agree with me on twitter Nebraska will pass Michigan within 2 years. ugh FROST!

now please I want you too stfu

Rhonda?

Comment

• Yes Rhonda - my translator wife lol

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Nobody wants to talk to my ugly mug

Comment

Working...
                                X