No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new Tunnel Walk of Shame...
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rough final 3 minutes
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tough loss. Exciting game.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Instant Classic!

Comment

• I wish Harbaugh was this direct in his post game conferences. His aren't worth watching.

Nebraska Head Coach Scott Frost meets with the media following the 33-28 loss to Colorado.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• There were the typical first game mistakes that CU worked out last week. Overall, despite that and the turnovers, I thought UNL looked like a team that wanted to play football and was not shying away from making plays. I know it's my own expectation here, but I think the team is further along than I would have guessed. DL looked good, so did the LB's.. OL was more physical than expected, but WR's were a big WTF...

Losing Martinez is going to hurt. He's going to be very good

Comment

• This team with Martinez I'd say is #2 in the west.... without.... hoping for 6 wins. He has surprising lateral speed for a guy his size (stole that from hoss, but it is spot on).

Comment

• I only saw some of the Neb/CU game but the part I saw demonstrated a cohesive and effective Neb offense with Martinez out there. That Frost has achieved that in such a short time is pretty remarkable. I hope Martinez is OK. I want Frost to face a Don Brown defense tailor made to shut down that kind of silly offense shit with his QB in place ....... at least for the first couple of plays.

Heh. You can mark this and throw it back in my face in two weeks.... maybe.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think A-MART!!!! will be back, probably this week. I hope so. M's defense should vastly out-talent UNL. However, UNL has solid interior line play and A-Mart is a very good runner. The way M plays with their DEs blazing upfield tends to leave occasional running lanes, especially if your DTs are getting handled. I'd fully expect Bush to spy A-Mart. I don't think Don Brown will lose any sleep over UNL's passing attack, so taking a guy out of coverage is no big deal. But it would require him to hold back on the blitzes a little bit -- so, maybe not.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We'll probably beat Nebraska, but I expect it to look a lot like the 2007 Michigan State game, which was an ominous indicator of things to come once that cavernous talent gap was no longer there. Ball security was a big issue for the Huskers and that could be the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          ..... However, UNL has solid interior line play and A-Mart is a very good runner. The way M plays with their DEs blazing upfield tends to leave occasional running lanes, especially if your DTs are getting handled. I'd fully expect Bush to spy A-Mart. I don't think Don Brown will lose any sleep over UNL's passing attack, so taking a guy out of coverage is no big deal. But it would require him to hold back on the blitzes a little bit -- so, maybe not.
                          Just to flesh that out a bit on the DTs. M entered the season with iffy depth at the tackle position. Both Soloman, who was expected to start in Mattison's typicl DT rotation, is out and probably will be out until well after Neb. Marshall has been out for both games but should be back. That has left Mone and Dwumfour as the primaries with any number of new guys rotating in there.

That rotation held up pretty well against WMU's OL that is not terrible and features a likely second round pick in the 2019 NFL draft at C. WMU had nothing inside and chose to use the speedy Bellamy outside and hold the shit out of Gary and Bush to break him lose for the few gains they got that way. There's a great video of the worst of that so, I'm not making it up. Mone is an immovable object but he lacks the burst of Hurst so, the DTs are not backfield disruptors as in the past.

Brown, in the first two games, doesn't seem to care what the opponent has. He runs the defense like he likes to run it. In the case of 2018, he's getting pressure up the middle without the presence of Hurst doing that by sending a S, a LB or Bush blasting through whatever gap the OL has left. He's not let off on the edge rush at all fortifying that with an edge rush from a S.

So, v. A-MART, Brown probably thinks the best way to defend an offense like Frosts is to get disruption into the back field. He risked that v. Winbush and got burned several times. I don't think he cares about those "occasionals." With A-MART presenting a less than optimal passing attack, Brown will play his Ss up in that 1 Hi thing he does until Neb can show a decent passing threat and even then Brown doesn't change. He went to zone once v. ND as far as you can tell on video that doesn't show that very well.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't expect UNL to compete with Michigan this year...

I do think UNL beats CU with a game under their belts.

Comment

• Comment

• If Martinez is hurt, then Nebraska will be this year's Maryland. They could make a bowl game though if he is back and they can get their cancelled game rescheduled. I know that it's not good optics, but they should just schedule it for B1G championship weekend. Nobody will want to essentially admit before the season that they can't win the conference, but they can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X