Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob F View Post
    I might need help getting a ticket or two, Ent---is that within the realm of possibility if my buddy Mark (my U of M season tickets are in his name ) doesn't have any luck with it?

pretty please...

seriously, though, what IS the best way for a visitor to get ticket(s) @ Nebraska? I've long heard they are a tough "get"

You're probably number 36 on my list... everyone wants tickets now, which tells me, everyone is excited about the BigTen and the BigTen is excited about Nebraska.

I wish I knew of a best way to get tickets. ebay or a ticket broker always seems expensive, but you know you have a ticket. Going to Lincoln and tying to buy one could mean paying big bucks if the supply is low, which is what I expect. Either way, you'll probably be paying money to see this game if your friend can't get you tickets. Worst case, you tailgate with us, and watch the game at my tailgate. :-)
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Rob .... I can't say if Doug will post with us again or not. What I can tell you is that he will be tailgating in the same place he always does for M home games. We'll be glad to join up with you any time there ...... as long as you bring beer!
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
        You're probably number 36 on my list... everyone wants tickets now, which tells me, everyone is excited about the BigTen and the BigTen is excited about Nebraska.

I wish I knew of a best way to get tickets. ebay or a ticket broker always seems expensive, but you know you have a ticket. Going to Lincoln and tying to buy one could mean paying big bucks if the supply is low, which is what I expect. Either way, you'll probably be paying money to see this game if your friend can't get you tickets. Worst case, you tailgate with us, and watch the game at my tailgate. :-)
        I pretty much figured as much...demand for tickets vs. Nebraska---home OR away---is gonna be sky-high most everywhere for the next few seasons and beyond. You guys travel as well as anyone in CFB, and it's already tough enough for even a husker fan to get a tic in huskerland!

I might end up just settling for the tailgate party, but in the meantime I'll be on the lookout for a ticket, too

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          Rob .... I can't say if Doug will post with us again or not. What I can tell you is that he will be tailgating in the same place he always does for M home games. We'll be glad to join up with you any time there ...... as long as you bring beer!
          Well, I hope he does return to posting...I spoke to him about it last fall and understand where he was coming from, and I'm sure he'll find his way over here to at least lurk from time-to-time. But we're all richer for it when he offers his viewpoint, too

Comment

Originally posted by Rob F View Post
            I pretty much figured as much...demand for tickets vs. Nebraska---home OR away---is gonna be sky-high most everywhere for the next few seasons and beyond. You guys travel as well as anyone in CFB, and it's already tough enough for even a husker fan to get a tic in huskerland!

I might end up just settling for the tailgate party, but in the meantime I'll be on the lookout for a ticket, too

that would be fine by me. We have a 16 gallon keg at each of our tailgates and additional cases for those that don't like what is on tap, (for the texas game we also used 24 cases of beer) with some soda's and hard stuff if you want to mix or you don't drink at all. Food is never a problem. Burgers, brats, and even pulled pork at most tailgates. We even have done chili and boiled oysters. Lots of snacks, cookies, brownies, dips (usually a buffalo wing sauce dip, onion and a cheese/burger dip), finger foods like little smokies rolled in cressent rolls, pita swirls, salmon on crackers, etc..

The vehicle has a satellite TV, with a 62" at the back and a 24" tube above the bar. runs on generators so we have plenty of power for whatever we want to plug in, including the kegerator, stereo, tv's and crockpots. We set up two full size tents and enclose 3 sides...

It's a good time. They're messing with parking this year, but I suspect I'll be ok.

Comment

Well, I hope he does return to posting...I spoke to him about it last fall and understand where he was coming from, and I'm sure he'll find his way over here to at least lurk from time-to-time. But we're all richer for it when he offers his viewpoint, too
              ITA. I miss the guy.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                that would be fine by me. We have a 16 gallon keg at each of our tailgates and additional cases for those that don't like what is on tap, (for the texas game we also used 24 cases of beer) with some soda's and hard stuff if you want to mix or you don't drink at all. Food is never a problem. Burgers, brats, and even pulled pork at most tailgates. We even have done chili and boiled oysters. Lots of snacks, cookies, brownies, dips (usually a buffalo wing sauce dip, onion and a cheese/burger dip), finger foods like little smokies rolled in cressent rolls, pita swirls, salmon on crackers, etc..

The vehicle has a satellite TV, with a 62" at the back and a 24" tube above the bar. runs on generators so we have plenty of power for whatever we want to plug in, including the kegerator, stereo, tv's and crockpots. We set up two full size tents and enclose 3 sides...

It's a good time. They're messing with parking this year, but I suspect I'll be ok.
                ...if I hadn't met you at those Michigan Spring Games several years back, I'd swear---based on your description of your tailgate set-up---that you and Doug are the same person!

Anyway, that sounds like a tailgate party not to miss. I'll do my best to take you up on the offer!

Comment

We have a 16 gallon keg at each of our tailgates and additional cases for those that don't like what is on tap,
                  Wow! You sure your not an closet Ohio State fan? :-)

Comment

That sounds impressive Ent but you haven't really arrived until you experience one of Doug Dillon's tailgates in Ann Arbor. He brings together great guys, great food, great atmosphere, 2 HD TV games (he has a huge antenna) ongoing all day powered by generators, plus his lovely wife and many friends, in a perfect setting. Come to Ann Arbor soon and see for yourself. You'll meet the Borg members in their primary habitat.

From all I read here I surmise Nebraska is going to be a great fit for the Big 10 (12).

Comment

I cannot wait to tail gate with ENT in Lincoln.

How big a fire do you build?
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Jeff's biggest concern, warmth.

Comment

no doubt---vintage Jeff

heh

Comment

Originally posted by hodgkal View Post
                            That sounds impressive Ent but you haven't really arrived until you experience one of Doug Dillon's tailgates in Ann Arbor. He brings together great guys, great food, great atmosphere, 2 HD TV games (he has a huge antenna) ongoing all day powered by generators, plus his lovely wife and many friends, in a perfect setting. Come to Ann Arbor soon and see for yourself. You'll meet the Borg members in their primary habitat.

From all I read here I surmise Nebraska is going to be a great fit for the Big 10 (12).

I've actaully met several of these guys before. I lived in Plymouth Michigan for 5 years and even attended a spring game with some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              I cannot wait to tail gate with ENT in Lincoln.

Last year we had 2 propane heaters in our tents. We are buying insulated tents for this year and possible a third heater. You'll be fine.

Comment

some pictures from last year's first tailgate..

Last edited by entropy; March 9, 2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X