No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska fans, as a whole, have become less and less optimistic for this season.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
      Its real simple; we don't tackle well enough, or play the run in general well enough, to win this game. Period.

Even if we had the suffocating pass coverage we've become accustomed to in recent years we'd likely still get beat because UW will Iso and Sweep our pansy-ass defensive front to death. And we don't have that suffocating coverage.

Fortunately, we have developed something of an offense- if our OC can figure out to run it- so I don't think we'll get totally pummeled unless things come apart at the seams and we go -3 in turnovers and have 10 penalties. We do have an awful lot of fast, talent kids at the skill positions, our OL situation is coming together, and our QB is making fewer bonehead decisions.

42-27 Wiscy. Badgers put us away late with a display of power football.

I was thinking Wisky 48, Nebraska 27... basically the same. I would have put UNL score in the 30's, but I think Nebraska will have a couple drives were they kill themselves.

Comment

• And Ohio State fans are resigned to 8-4 mediocrity. I'm still excited about going to the game, though. It should be a pretty pleasant experience as I'm going with minimal hope of victory. Not a ton of angst like, say, trips to Texas or Penn State or, shit, even USC.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I will be in Champaign again on the 15th and if work permits, I will be at Purdue.

Comment

• I was nonplussed by Champaign. I've yet to make it to hilljack Indiana.

Comment

• in order, I am looking forward to...

1. Big House – been there 4 times, always enjoyed myself and I get to see old friends from Plymouth
              2. Northwestern – shitty little stadium. I was there when NW upset PSU to go to the rose bowl, and that was fun. But really, it is the guys weekend in Chicago that has me most pumped
              3. MSU – see friends in Michigan. It is the social aspect
              4. OSU – never been to the shoe and I’d like to go at least once
              5. Iowa – easy drive and I think this is going to be a game I end up wanting Nebraska to win the most
              6. Wisky – couldn’t get tickets this round, but maybe next time. Madison is a fun town, but I think UNL fans are going to see more similarities between Wisky and PSU fans than Wisky and Neb fans
              7. Minn- sounds weird at #7, but I like the look of their new stadium. I had tickets for this year’s game but grandparents plans have changed.
              8. Ill – Probably will make this another Chicago weekend
              9. Purdue – should basically be a Nebraska home game
              10. Indiana – should basically be a Nebraska home game
              11. PSU – difficult to get too, and dislike their fans

Comment

• A couple comments. I can't speak to Wisky fans, but my understanding is that you can safely navigate Madison -- it's just easy to find yourself amongst the students who are, by most accounts, jackasses.

Completely agree re Goofers. I really like MSP, so that's a good trip. I went to the Metrodome for the Tressel-Mason battle -- which was huge.

Indiana is just f'n pathetic. One of my favorite all-time OSU moments is from the 1996 game at Bloomington when OSU clinched the Rose Bowl and the hordes of OSU fans tore down one goalpost, forcing the brave IU football team to rally together to defend their last remaing goalpost. Heh.

Iowa -- good times. Illinois -- meh. And I like PSU, but I tailgated in a cow pasture and simply walked to the stadium -- no problems. It's a loud ass stadium.

Comment

• I've yet to make it to hilljack Indiana.
                  Pack your camping gear, and a very reliable GPS unit. You won't be leaving any time soon after the game ends, and you'll have no idea where you are going once you DO get moving. They don't believe in expressways in central Indiana ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• B1G Stadiums that I haven't seen yet, that I want to see... stealing Ent's idea .. in order...

1. Nebraska. Saw it so many times when they were Big 8/12 in classic battles with Okie and Tejas. Just want to see it for myself.

2. Iowa. Had a chance a couple years ago, but missed out due to family commitments. Someday, I'll get there.

3. Minnesota. Basically for the same reasons Ent stated. New stadium, looks like a nice place to watch a game.

4. Notre Dame. I know they're not B1G, but I'd like to see a game there anyway. Just so I can say I did.

5. Illinois. I've heard their fans are pretty nasty toward us Wolverine fans, but I'd go there anyway. If they got nasty to me, I'd just fall on about a dozen of them. Then, I would eat all the food at their tailgate parties ...

I really don't have much desire to see Wisconsin, .. although it might be interesting. Penn State would be good to see for reasons stated above .. just so I can say I did. I have absolutely no desire to go to Columbus. I'm too old to run a gauntlet into and out of town. Already been to Purdue, Indiana, MSU and Northwestern.
                    Last edited by lineygoblue; September 26, 2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Watching neb vs OSU in volleyball on the BTN. How great is that

Comment

• And of course, the Huskers are giving the Schmucknuts a volleyball lesson?

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          Watching neb vs OSU in volleyball on the BTN. How great is that
                          Depends on how good looking they are, I suppose...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            And of course, the Huskers are giving the Schmucknuts a volleyball lesson?

UNL won sets 1, 3 and 4... they should have won 2, but some errors gave away the game.

Comment

• Camp Randall is a great stadium. Been there, the Metrodome, Northwestern, and Illinois. Trying to visit Purdue this year and hopefully Indiana & Penn State next year. I am definitely planning on visiting Cal in 2013.

Comment

• While you are at it, add the "looney Bin" to your list of places to visit. Last, what's WIZ's football site URL?
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X