Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saint jim's stock has dropped very quickly since yesterdays events.

The Winners Manual: For the Game of Life
    - Paperback (Aug. 1, 2009) by [url][ame][URL="http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Tressel/e/B001JS27HQ/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=130682037 0&sr=1-1"]Jim Tressel, John Maxwell and [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Chris-Fabry/e/B001HCV5YA/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=130682037 0&sr=1-1"]Chris Fabry[/ame]
    [url][ame][URL="http://www.amazon.com/Winners-Manual-Game-Life/dp/1414325703/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1306820370&sr=1-1"]Buy new[/ame]: $14.99 $9.37
    45 new from $7.48
    25 used from $6.96
    Get it by Thursday, June 2 if you order in the next 24 hours and choose one-day shipping.
    Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
    (46)
    Other Formats: [url][ame][URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GS0QRW/sr=1-1/qid=1306820370/ref=sr_1_1_oe_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1306820370&sr= 1-1"]Audible Audio Edition[/ame]

Comment

• I agree with you, Jamie. I was really hoping for something big relating to cars for players or some new information. It depends on the statute of limitations for selling memorabilia but I'd bet most of these infractions wont even warrant an investigation outside of the larger one taking place with regard to Tressel and Pryor. The fact that Tressel has resigned in disgrace and their star QB is most likely done as well is pretty good consolation. osu will not escape sanctions but I don't see them rising to USC's level.

Comment

• Although the SI article was a bit disappointing, perhaps it will compel other investigative journalists to start digging around about cars and other improper benefits. The big rumor leading up the SI article was paid vacations for players and I expected new info on the car dealings as well. The author was only in town for a couple weeks so here's hoping someone else picks up where he left off and digs a little deeper.

Comment

• Plus they had to reclassify all his books as works of fiction.

Comment

• The statute of limitations only applies to when the NCAA learns about the violations.

Comment

• This is how stupid pryor is. Last night a team meeting was held with the new coach, where tp shows up with another loaned car from the dealership. Thank goodness we did not get this clown.

Comment

• Tressel will take the fall. OSU will distance itself from Pryor and the story line will be we had a bad player... we got rid of him. We had a coach that made an error in judgement... we got rid of him. Give back the 2010 wins.. some scholarship reductions, new processes/procedures and move forward.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by geo weidl View Post
                  This is how stupid pryor is. Last night a team meeting was held with the new coach, where tp shows up with another loaned car from the dealership. Thank goodness we did not get this clown.
                  I was going to ask you guys today if you feel that you dodged a bullet now..

Comment

• More like a grenade.

Comment

• Does anyone else think that braxton miller may leave, if given the opportunity?
                      I think he stays.

He will be "the man" this year at QB. I don't know who the Schmucks have at that position besides him, but I have to believe he's the best they've got after Pryor.

Fickell needs to kick Pryor off the team, and be done with him. He's going to be a distraction all season long. If Fickell has any desire at all to become the permanent HC, he's got to win. That will be a lot tougher with Pryor and his distractions around.

Can you imagine the reception that Pryor would get at Michigan Stadium this year?
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• above is a picture of Pryor's new car... dumbass.

Comment

• Can you imagine?

The HC was just fired/resigned because of idiocy like this, and he shows up in yet ANOTHER car.

And how about the car dealer who is making this all happen?

Epic idiocy.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Pryor will be the most hated guy in Ohio.. more than L. James. He is a dumbass of epic proportions

Comment

• I'd agree with your assessment, E, except it is too painless, too clean.

This is going to hurt osu's rep big time. That translates to questions on the part of HS recruits for 2012 and beyond .... how far beyond depends on scholarship losses and post season play bans that the NCAA might dish out.

Josh Helmholdt, M's recruiting writer at Rivals, predicts there are 10 players currently considering or are already committed to osu for the 2012 class who are going to have serious second thoughts. M may or may not benefit but Helmholdt shares that the damage to osu on the recruiting trail is going to be significant.

osu is guaranteed to suffer recruiting set backs from the uncertainty regarding staff through the end of the 2011 season. Depending on how big this actually becomes, post season bans, if they are delivered, will produce set backs for one to two more classes beyond that.

osu could conceivably be looking at a nuclear dark winter for 5-10 years as far as recruiting goes. How that translates to performance is speculative but look at M's fortunes since 2008 as a result of recruiting set backs. It's 2011 and there is still uncertainty regarding M's talent levels. The 4 year period following the 2007 class where recruiting was not at a talent level it should have been has had an impact well into the 4th year and we won't see a strong recovery until 2012 or 13.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X