Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speight won't be abusing those corners in November.
    No comment

Comment

• osu has Army, UNLV and Rutgers the next three weeks. Good time to work on those stats.

Comment

• Richard Lagow is a heisman candidate?

(he got yanked in the first half of Indiana's next game)
        Last edited by whodean; September 10, 2017, 11:35 PM.
        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Of all possible replies, that has to be one of the most stupid options.

Comment

• JTB is a decent runner and a decent passer. That works fine if you have a dominant running game. It does not if you emphasize BOTH. My single biggest criticism of UFM has been an over-reliance on QB runs when you have bad ass RBs. I can think of 3 losses that were a product of that decision-making.

Dobbins and Weber are a good 1-2. Personally, I think Campbell can be a good H-Back, too. If OSU insiders are to be believed -- and I believe this one -- UFM wanted to emphasize QB runs for the OU game. I don't understand that. Of course, I'm just a fan, but, meh.

Anyway, I'm not worried about the defense getting itself squared away. I mean, they were bad against OU. Can't ignore that. However, I think they'll be fine over the course of the season.

I do not see the offense flipping the switch or even lighting a candle. That's been an ongoing, long-term issue for OSU and I think it wildly optimistic to think that it's going to change.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I thought Barrett would be a lot better.

Comment

• The whole Cardale Jones competition looked like it broke J.T. Barrett as a passer. He hasn't been the same since his RS Freshman year.

Comment

• You can click around and find a video of urban's post game presser. Next you should read 11 Warriors and The O-Zone. Both have balanced impressions of the buckeye smack down at the hands of OU.

Anyone who thinks this game portends the end of urban meyer's competence as a head coach and osu's capacity to run the table from here are idiots.

Notwithstanding talent's prediction of 8-4 for osu in 2017, he's not an idiot either. Close, but no cigar. Heh. There will be an update Ecky Pting's win probability charts sometime this week. If you haven't seen them at mgoblog, they are worth a look but only if you like statistically relevant predictions based on facts.

I will not be surprised if Ecky Pting finds that osu is favored in all of its remaining games and not by small amounts. So, forget it if you think osu is done. They're not. Not even close. And, one can also forget this game being an indicator that M will beat osu in Ann Arbor in November. The Game will be one like it always was and will be (well forget the last ten years, this is a new era of restoration of that notion). Forget the records or talent disparities. I still think M wins but not because of Saturday's loss to OU.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• To be clear, I think OSU, at this stage in the season, is an 8-4 team. They need to figure out who is their secondary -- they can't keep rotating guys through like they do on the DL. They may even need to think about some true frosh. But, I do think they will end up getting there. Offensively, they are more hamstrung.

OU's offensive gameplan was really good. I think UFM should steal the idea of leaking out the FB/TE on a zone-read RPO play, because apparently OSU had never seen such a thing and that dude (#36) was uncovered on at least 4 passes. I think they also look at what OU did with their RPO game. Mayfield is really good and he has really quick feet that can move the pocket, but a lot of his throws were easy because the play created some space. Very nice job.

Offensively, this game is no indicator as it relates to the OSU-M game. M doesn't have that offense.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "Offensively, this game is no indicator as it relates to the OSU-M game. M doesn't have that offense."

True dat!

Comment

• As I said unthread, oLIEo should easily be able to out-talent every team on their schedule but PSU and UM.

Frankly I'm a bit let down by y'all not rubbing the bucknuts here nose in their current tribulations... Heaven knows they've done it to you enough for the past 16 years.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          To be clear, I think OSU, at this stage in the season, is an 8-4 team. They need to figure out who is their secondary -- they can't keep rotating guys through like they do on the DL. They may even need to think about some true frosh. But, I do think they will end up getting there. Offensively, they are more hamstrung.

OU's offensive gameplan was really good. I think UFM should steal the idea of leaking out the FB/TE on a zone-read RPO play, because apparently OSU had never seen such a thing and that dude (#36) was uncovered on at least 4 passes. I think they also look at what OU did with their RPO game. Mayfield is really good and he has really quick feet that can move the pocket, but a lot of his throws were easy because the play created some space. Very nice job.

Offensively, this game is no indicator as it relates to the OSU-M game. M doesn't have that offense.

if they go 8-4 with all those highly regarded recruits, Urban might be the worst coach in America.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• 10-2 at worst. They won't se another Mayfield the rest of the year.

TaintedMoron:

STFU sandbagging ignoranus
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They won't see another Mayfield but they will see a Lewerke.

Comment

• The M-Borg Resistance (OSU) Thread - Originated by Buckeye Paul

Will they see another Lagow?
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X