Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Fithian was talking about Brandon Peters possibly being disenchanted with Michigan but I didn't hear the segment.

Comment

• Here's what I know. Peters is from the mid-west (Indiana). He was a star in HS and Mr. Indiana Athlete or some such thing (Stan will know). IOW he was really good. He was a 4* with a shit ton of BT and P5 offers.

After some spring game hype (deserved, he was clearly the best QB that played), the submarine took over - we didn't hear squat and that's not unusual for JH. Right after M's trip to Rome where they spent some fall practice time, there was a rumor, not confirmed but it came from several sources reportedly some with inside knowledge, that "he spent too much time on his cell phone talking to his girl friend than he did working on his craft." But, Harbaugh started pumping up Speight and O'Korn in various interviews. Talk of Peters, good or bad was not to be heard. In my small world, that continues.

So, we're really in the dark about him and his prospects. If I were to guess- and I hate doing this but it's all I've got - JH is a stubborn guy who demands loyalty to M football and to M. I know about this because, as a fan, I lived through M football with Bo Schembechler. You will not find any former players who played for him that won't tell you he was as demanding an SOB as they have ever worked or played for.

Bo had his flaws as a coach, not many but he had them. His peers were Barry Switzer, Tom Osborne, Frank Kush, Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes and Frank Broyles - some of the winningest coaches of his time and of all time. People like this are high performers. They got to where they did in the ranks of great CFB coaches by being tough and demanding.

Jim Harbaugh is a lot like his mentor Bo Schembechler. He has a coaching style just like his IMO and a track record that demonstrates it. He doesn't tolerate fools. He's a lot like Marines I've known, hard nosed, demand loyalty and give it back when given. Harbaugh has probably adjusted his style a bit form the days of those guys because the players are different. He also has the NFL experience dealing with stars and he knows how that works.

So, I took a long time and a lot of words to lay the groundwork for this but Peters, we could speculate, doesn't fit the QB mold that Harbaugh wants in terms of character. Just like Bo wouldn't recruit certain guys or once recruited if he smelled any lack of loyalty to him, to football and to Michigan, any hint of a lack character or motivation, they were gone, Peters may be getting the same treatment from JH.

I have no facts or even good rumors to back this up but I know a bit about Schembechler Hall and what that all means and JH understands this better than any coach since LC. I also don't think this is a feather in Jim's hat; if Peters is, in fact, the best QB on the roster and he's not playing because Jim doesn't like his character, it's hurting M football.

For a young guy who thinks he is a star and has the credentials and resume to back that up and he's playing third fiddle to two other guys he thinks aren't half as good as he is, I can see why there's talk that he's disenchanted with Michigan.

In that regard, thoughts of Drew Henson v. Tom Brady and a tough minded Lloyd Carr come to mind. There is solid evidence that LC had to play Henson to keep him in the fold after threats from his family that he'd transfer if he didn't. Lloyd played both QB Brady and Henson although I'm willing to speculate he liked Tom Brady a hell of a lot more than he liked Drew Henson and his Dad. Apparently and if this is indeed going on in a similar way with Peters, Harbaugh isn't going to play that kind of game.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 15, 2017, 02:32 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Drew Henson Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          Drew Henson Jeff
          Fixed ...... thanks.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I have to agree with that post 100%

Comment

• Seconded.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Small thread title change as wisely suggested by WingsFan.

Added my own frivolity.

talent, we love you, man.

FUCK osu.

Comment

• Please change the SEC thread to "hack's SEC thread and Possum Stew Emporium"
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ha ha good job Jeff!

Comment

• Peters was "Mr .Football" in Indiana his senior year. An award given to the player considered the best in the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Please change the SEC thread to "hack's SEC thread and Possum Stew Emporium"
                        I think we should call it, simply, "The Forum Commode".

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          I think we should call it, simply, "The Forum Commode".

Oooooo!!! Sick burn!!!!
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I just put my finger on my forearm and heard a sizzling sound.

Comment

• No doubt. That is, indubitably, your best work. Ever.

Comment

• All this gushing is starting to make me nervous about future expectations. I'll do my best to continue to impress you but I can't make any promises.

Comment

Working...
                                X