Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wonder why he felt he had to deny knowing.

Comment

• Thinks he could get away with it? Coverup so often worse than the crime...

Comment

• The only thing he's covering up, though -- assuming he knew -- is that he knew. The actual incident went through the proper authorities and she declined to press charges. It wasn't a matter of hiding the incident in 2015. It's literally about telling the media in 2018 he didn't know and now one could reasonably infer he did.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That's my understanding too.

Seems to me that one difference with MSU is that OSU could have its pick of almost any coach out there if it came to that, whereas MSU does not have that luxury. Feels the need to cling to the two best coaches its had in both sports. I don't think that's going to be a huge factor here though. OSU isn't going to jettison Meyer over this just because the job is one of the best in the country. Really hard to see his position at risk.

Comment

• This should be a nothing burger but in the current climate it won't be. I think that is sad and a further condemnation of what the media thinks is important and what isn't. This should be an issue between law enforcement, attorneys, the people involved and the U. I think it would be nice if corporations and institutions had the right to go before a Judge and ask for a gag order to prevent the media from this sort of prurient snooping.

I'm so tired of the media disclosures that hurt people and institutions before said institutions have completed internal or external investigations for the purpose of discovering any wrong doing on the part of involved individuals. I don't think there is any chance that the concept of a Gag Order issued by a Judge in court proceedings at the request of parties entitled to do so under the law could be applied in such matters. But tried and convicted in the press has become such an overwhelmingly destructive outcome in these situations, so many people unfairly damaged, careers ruined by outage movements that maybe the time has come.

Yeah, I know, there are plenty of good reasons to protect an unfettered press as that particular segment of a free and civilized society is key to keep it that way but, man, things have gotten out of hand lately.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Media didn't make Meyer lie.

Comment

• UFM undoubtedly kept Zach Smith aboard way too long because he was Earle's grandson and he probably legitimately loved Earle. Neither his performance nor his character warranted his lengthy stay on UFM's staff. When he finally had reason to fire him (after Earle had died), he did. I liken it to Michael waiting until his mother died to kill Fredo. Whatever. If what happened in 2015 happened today, he'd get fired immediately. But, it happened in 2015.

In any event, I'm actually entirely unsure as to how this will play out. There's the initial outrage cycle. But, you can weather that. Michigan State did and did so over far worse. OSU wouldn't be in the storm for as long. But, as hack noted, they can hire someone else who is good.

Media didn't make Meyer lie.
                Correct (assuming he did -- he was wishy washy at the BT press conference), though lying to the media ought never be a fireable offense.

Comment

• Going down fast. If the national media makes this news story #1 it will would maker it tough to survive. Also I would be surprised if fired, more than likely he would be allowed to resign. 50/50 at this point IMO

Comment

• Was Zach ever charged with anything other than the recent trespass?
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No

Comment

• Also, when she filed for divorce in 2015 she wanted the record sealed to make sure Smith kept his job. According to her. Those papers were just unsealed last week. So, it's remarkably perplexing what UFM was supposed to do in 2015. But, whatever. Social media + #MeToo = Injustice. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up out.

Comment

• Nothing will happen to Urban. The photos she texted with red arms might be genuine but something just looks funny about them. No, I am not a forensics expert but I have seen tons of abuse working in ERs. Nothing like that.

I mean it just seems weird to be coming out now, years later. I mean she told her own father about it back then and he wasn't sufficiently impressed to call the police (or shoot him)? But because Urban didn't, he should be fired or resign now? Come on.

I just don't understand why Urban would even comment on it. Just give a "I am not talking about private personnel issues" and a "next question?"
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            Media didn't make Meyer lie.
                            Correct, but they covered it and then reported it and knowingly, to provide click bait by those reports, fanning the flames of breathless outrage among sports fans looking to pile on CFB programs at the top of the food chain. Then it's a front page story when it should have been back page and the inside fold for that matter.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Time to bring back Luke...and Bausermann...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jeff that's just fucking stupid. Blaming the media for the foibles of those they write about is nothing new, but chrissakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X