Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean it just seems weird to be coming out now, years later. I mean she told her own father about it back then and he wasn't sufficiently impressed to call the police (or shoot him)? But because Urban didn't, he should be fired or resign now? Come on.
    Yeah, if rational heads prevail then UFM will stay. I'm not sure these are rational times.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 1, 2018, 05:21 PM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

• Butch Jones to Columbus! Next head coach!
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              I'm so tired of the media disclosures that hurt people and institutions before said institutions have completed internal or external investigations for the purpose of discovering any wrong doing on the part of involved individuals.
              I'm sorry but university institutions have lost all credibility to handle anything internally without scrutiny. Off the top of my head Baylor, MSU, PSU come to mind. I'd even throw the handling of the Brendan Gibbons situation at UM in there.

To be clear though, not at all comparing OSU or this situation to those situations. From what is known so far I don't see how Urban Meyer can be at fault for this.

But it's pretty bullshit that you're tired of the media digging in at these institutions. You know what I'm tired of? These institutions protecting themselves systematically at the expense of real victims.

Comment

• Yeah, everything's the fucking medias fault. They beat up a pregnant wife. They knew and chose to fire him. They then lied (probably) about knowing about it. Fucking assholes.

Don't know how many times around here we have to say the coverup is worse than the crime, but here we are. The only victim is the meatsockets wife who was getting knocked around.

Comment

• Awful.

Comment

• Zach's wife dropped charges, her own father didn't pursue it. She sealed her divorce proceedings.

Urban doesn't deserve firing. But as Bill Munny said in Unforgiven, deserving's got nothing to do with this.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I'm not sure the alleged spine of Sparty served them well in the Nasser case.

Comment

• I said half the spine not all the spine.????

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Further, in 2009 UFM did learn about an incident and did report it up the chain.
                            Not trying to be an ass...legitimately want to know why he would say that he didn't know about it then? Or was he referring to the 2015 incident?

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it. They aren't firing him.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X