Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Saban owes UfM an assbeating. That sob better not be fired. Lord Saban will not be amused.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sorry, AA.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Lord Saban is calling Gene. He will have this sorted out. Give him a week.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Same here. It would be awful for us for him to leave undefeated against Michigan. Should it happen, I would hope that Michigan wears that like a scarlet letter for a very long time.

Comment

• He's not coming back from this, would have loved kicking his ass on the field. Meyer's new contract includes prospect of termination for cause in event of finding that he failed to report sexual misconduct, including harassment and stalking, while employed "at Ohio State or any other institution of higher learning."

Comment

• Saban is 2-2 vs UFM, iirc. This will not stand!

Comment

• He'll survive this. But if he doesn't it's certainly going to be embarrassing for MSU.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Here's Courtney Smith's side of the story...The part that disturbs me about this that pertains to Urban Meyer is the allegation that his lawyer pressured Courtney Smith to drop charges against Zach Smith in 2009. If I were investigating this, I would want to know what pressure, if any, Urban Meyer directed or personally applied toward the victim in this matter. It's decidedly odd that Ohio State would end up firing Urban Meyer for something Florida probably should have fired him for(again, if it's true), and it does raise questions about Urban Meyer's strange last year and departure from Florida in 2009. I certainly don't think Meyer is the first head coach to look the other way in a matter like this, but I have to agree with Courtney Smith-- no head coach should look the other way in a matter like this. If Meyer's the first coach to pay for mishandling this sort of situation with his job, that doesn't necessarily make the penalty wrong.

This is ugly, and I understand any university's desire to get as far away as possible from a mess like this. Is firing Urban Meyer the right recourse for Ohio State? I don't know. I know it's not how I wanted to see Urban Meyer leave Ohio State-- I wanted to see him fired after losing a dozen consecutive times to Michigan. That was obviously exceedingly unlikely, but I take no joy in seeing Ohio State football having to deal with something this divisive and painful. Nobody wins here.

Comment

• The Urban pressuring narrative would make more sense to me if this was a star player or a coordinator. Wasn't Zach a GA at Florida and a WR coach at OSU? GAs are completely expendable and WR coaches are a dime a dozen. I understand the Bruce connection, but would that be enough for Meyer to do that? Doesn't seem likely. At least to me.

also, hello JRB.

Comment

• Regardless, it was properly reported. So there was no effort on his part to keep in quiet - the pressuring point sort of falls apart.

Heh, there was no pressuring in 2015, but he arguably knew about it. And she choose to not pursue charges.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• I'm divided. Yes, no doubt about it, women in general deserve better and if Urban Meyer is made an example of unfairly in the service of that, well, I won't shed a tear. Life is unfair and nobody said it has to be otherwise. Michigan will have lost its chance and have to live with that.

Comment

• Fans would burn down Columbus if UFM were fired. Placing him on leave is to give the appearance of the matter being taken seriously. He's going nowhere.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Great Merlin's beard, AA is still alive?

Comment

Working...
                                X