Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tariq Cole is going to get drafted in 2019. He's actually one of Rutgers better players. John Runyan will get drafted by no one. OSU doesn't have a DE that Runyan can block without help.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Can't disagree with the need's help thing for Runyan.

But that's the flexibility of the 11 and 21 personnel offense that characterizes Harbaughffense. I looked up what kind of formations Clemson and Alabama run offensively and was not surprised to see these same terms come up - 11 and 21, run-centric, power based, etc. Both Clemson and Alabama have QBs that are a run threat adding to that focus on the run game.

I think Harbaugh uses the 2nd TE and a FB almost exclusively as far as I can tell but the intent of that in 2018 is to protect average (or below as the case might be) Tackle play. You can still put 3 receivers out there for Patterson to throw to. So, I don't think you're going to see edge rushers left out there alone to do damage to the extent possible.

I thought ND did do damage despite putting the TEs, FBs and RBs in there to block for Patterson on pass plays.The UFR demonstrates how that protection got blown up with what we think at this point is a decent to very good ND defense. That edge pressure and the lack of a run game was M's undoing. Protections were vastly improved v.WMU caveat WMU ..... but I've said this before. Even v. weaker competition, you still have to execute the technique. To me, it looked like M, in this particular area of pass-pro provided in 11 or 21 personnel, did not execute that technique v. ND but did against WMU.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post

Disagree. I'd bet you ARE sure that John Runyan CAN'T block Nick Bosa.
        Correct.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• On my slate of games (tip of the hat to Talent for birdogging almost all of that), I am really tempted on Ohio State. I do not think TCU can play 4 quarters with the Bucks.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The spread is too high to take osu......unless Haskins is as good as talent worries he's not.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I think the line is close to right, but I also think there is about a 50% chance TCU just tires out by the 4th and loses by three or 4 TDS.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Comment

Comment

• TCU is falling apart similar to the Lions on MNF.
                      Last 5 minutes have been crazy.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Detroit Lions are Hitler of football - If a team is bad - they look like the Lions. I was watching 'Osark' last night and Buddy the dying man of 81 years old said --

"It like watching the Detroit Lions"

Comment

• I thought this was an interesting preview of the OSU-TCU game because it included a discussion on the merits of JTB vs. Haskins and the like. The phrase I like is "scalablity" or "scale up" -- can an offense that dominates average teams scale up and deal with really good teams. Their thought, and I think it's entirely correct, JTB couldn't really scale up, but Haskins can because of his arm. They also analogize the two to Hurts and Tua -- I've heard and thought that before. But the other one may be Kelley Bryant and Lawrence.

Plenty of hype for TCU vs Ohio State with College Gameday in town. Will Dwayne Haskins bring the OSU offense to the next level? How will Shawn Robinson compe...

Comment

• Anyway, almost nothing to be taken from this game because there is no team in the B10 like TCU. There is no team that plays that fast with that speed and there really isn't a comparable defense. OSU's LBs are still problematic and Jashen Wint just can't play, at least right now. They have some vulnerabilities in the back 7. The Nick Bosa injury hurts -- I'm really not sure that he'll back in two weeks for Happy Valley. But, that's probably the one place where they can afford to lose someone.

Offensively, Haskins probably made two bad throws all night -- one of them cost OSU a TD at the end of the half, but man does he put the ball on hands. Weber and Dobbins both looked really good in terms of creating yards (though, Dobbins did have a Higdon-like missed cut). The WRs should keep getting better -- I'm saying that will be Austin Mack's worse game of his career. The OL mostly kept Haskins clean despite loads of pressure and speed rushers. He was definitely pressured, but that's going to happen.

Glad to get by that game and back to the shitass B10 and it's downtempo nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              ..........Glad to get by that game and back to the shitass B10 and it's downtempo nonsense.
                              EFZ ........ see my write up of M/SMU. It's troubling in the context of the national CFB scene and the BIG's place in it.

Comment

• Best offense since 2014 and Haskins is our best passer probably since Troy Smith.. Not very worried about anyone on the schedule any more except Penn State.

Comment

Working...
                                X