Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what I'm saying -- nobody who's thought about him for more than a second should buy that. The guy pledged a victory in AA in his first year, suspended his starting QB on the eve of the game and won it anyways. Nothing scares him.

Comment

• Really goes to show, tho, how much sports is a confidence game and how perfect he was for that team after Cooper, whose teams were totally ready to visibly fold aginst UM. Another great example is the Pistons. It's no coincidence the Pistons lost their swagger within a year of Flip Saunders' arrival.

Comment

• Do OSU fans still believe today that Maurice Clarett was a pathological liar who made it all up? Was the New York Times on a witch hunt against innocent Saint Jim? I'm curious. No more smug denials from Buckeye nation, I suppose.

Comment

• I think the OSU administration is going to come to regret it's steadfast, resolute support of Tressell at the presser earlier this week. They will be changing their tunes pretty quickly as the evidence mounts up.

As a side note (somewhat), Rodriguez was a guest on the Herd today. Cowherd gave him some slow pitch softies to hit in regards to how he'd deal with the situation, and even set him up to sound good in regards to reporting to his AD and compliance folks, but couldn't get Rodriguez to make any judgements on Tressell at this point. His main point was how disappointed he would have been in his players and how he would have gone to them first.

He has learned from his time in AA to be wary of the media. He laughed off a lot of Colin's attempts to get him to make derogatory comments. He also alluded to teams that were cheating on the recruiting front, something he believed OSU was NOT guilty of in the 3 years he competed against them. When pressed, he refused to name specific teams, but said, "they're about to get looked at". Cowherd postulated he meant Auburn and Oregon, but couldn't get RR to bite.

Comment

• I think the osu administration knows full well who jim tresssel is and what tressel does .... especialy Gee who is probably getting money from someplace in all of this.

How many schools has he been the Chancellor, President or whatever at? Seven? I know he was at both CU and Vanderbilt and this is his second gig at osu ..... guess he missed the employee benefits.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Oh for sure. They can't not know. Your mafia angle casts Gee's ``I hope he doesn't fire me'' line in a very amusing light...

Comment

• Who does Gee report to besides Tressel?
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Jeff's theory is right, Gee probably reports to one of Tressel's aides, but not directly to the boss himself.

Comment

• While I didn't like Rodriguez because I felt that he wasn't doing a good job as a coach, I NEVER bought into the idea that he was somehow doing dirty things behind the scenes. Yeah, he recruited questionable kids, but that is a far cry from being a dirty coach. The whole practice-gate was a ridiculous witchhunt, and based on all the crap we are seeing coming out in college football (Newton taking 200K, Oregon paying for players, Tattoo-U, criminal players everywhere etc. etc.) it makes the things Rodriguez was persecuted for seem rather ridiculous. Not that he didn't make a minor mistake, but the fervor at which people went after him for that mistake was ridiculous.

Comment

• BTW, I would hold off on the Mafia Don stuff until more info comes to llight. Remember, we were supposed to have heard about his giant conspiracy at Auburn by now and we've heard nothing. While I think Tressel is a dirty snake and I'm positive he has broken the rules in multple ways, I'm not ready to label him some sort of college football crimelord until we have some more info.

Comment

• Pretty upstanding guy, in the end. I don't want him coaching any football team I'm a fan of, but he can hold his head high as a person, as far as I can tell. Higher than a lot of people in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Don't be a buzzkill Jamie -- of course, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be having a lot of fun with that for now.

Comment

• Oh, believe me, I am having a ton of fun with the mafioso thing and jimmy, "the butcher," tressel.

I hope for his sake all of this is wild speculation designed to have a little fun with the guy and screw with osu football.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I doubt it is, but why hope for his sake? What's he done to deserve wellwishers? If he beat us fair and square, sure -- maybe. But he's a dyed-in-the-wool cheater and even neutral observers should hope he's done doing his thing. He deserves no quarter and the world of CFB will be a better place when/if he's cast out of it.

In the mean time, let's pile on with the mafia jokes.

Comment

• I guess we don't really know much yet. Lots of innuendo and rumor going around and I hesitate to gloat just yet. But it is all beginning to look pretty suspicious.

Thinking back was there ever evidence of Cooper being outside the rules. I think I remember something about his ASU teams being abnormally bulked up and suspected of steroid use but that was decades ago and I don't know that anything was ever proven. And how about Woody? He always seemed to have the horses and it was assumed he was harvesting most of the homegrown talent in Ohio. And of course, hate him or love him, he was a powerful motivator and competitor and a winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X