Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio?

braxton is real good, carlos hyde looked good. That's a one-two punch a lot of teams would like to have. urban is doing some nice play calling with those two and he's obviously coached up miller really well. But the passing game produced a paltry 127 yards. Along the way, one defense, don't know for sure who that is going to be, is going to stop hyde and contain Braxton.

I'm not sure I can explain Neb's CF in failing to do that. I'd call it a coaching failure probably. The osu offense started doing something in the second quarter that broke the run game wide open ...... Didn't need to throw it and that's the way B10 football is played.

But this isn't a talent laden D and not sure the talent that is there is well coached. Playing on the road is tough and Neb demonstrated that with a lot of stupid mistakes ...... a Martinez trademark. Yeah, Denard has that capacity too, but M is playing some good D.

Not going to get ahead of myself here. Lots of games to be played. Just looking forward to the last one.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 7, 2012, 01:35 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ohio State is a flawed team. No doubt. Whether they're the least flawed team in the B10 remains to be seen. Whether UFM will remedy those flaws in future teams remains to be seen. I feel decent about the former and really good about the latter.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes you have some flaws...your pass defense is not good but Martinez sucks so bad we couldn't take full advantage of it. I would say you are the least flawed in the B1G...that is pretty accurate. Too bad the onlt place yer going bowling is at Boulevard Lanes this year...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I took one look at that OlieO v Neb score and thought, "I'm so glad our good friends in Northern Kentucky are now getting their taste of Rich Rod ball" ....

Take a big bite, fellas ....
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Actually it is your friends in Lincoln who are enjoying RichRod ball this year liney...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I know how you feel, Wiz. I think that you may be able to take some comfort in that the one thing you can say about the B1G this year, is that anything can happen. Shoot, Indiana may rebound and earn the trip to Pasadena. ....
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well the Leaders Division is a freaking mess. The best two teams are on probation...I thought Purdue was in the conversation until you dismantled them...they look pretty ordinary. The only team over there that doesn't have a shot (of the eligible teams) is Illinois. They are just horrendous. Like...Nebraska horrendous.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This week's Wisky-Purdue game is critical to who will play in the CCG. Pitifully enough.

Sabino is out and probably for a long time. That's a really bad injury for OSU. He was playing well and, as mentioned, was 1 of 2 LBs who are on the field every down. Without him, their front 7 takes a real hit -- he's really good against the run -- and their back 7 takes a modest hit. Not good.

Comment

• Flagship, Main Event...same thing....

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- When Urban Meyer met his new team, he talked about goals without restraint.It's the kind of confident approach a coach can take when he already owns two national championships.

The Big Ten will do all it can to market its championship game Dec. 1 in Indianapolis. But it'll be like Bert Parks singing "There she is, Miss America" about the first- and second-runners-up in the pageant. Ohio State is by far the prettiest girl in a league filled with teams that shouldn't see the light of day.

The title game might be the Big Ten's big showcase, but it won't feature the league's main event, which will be watching from home because of NCAA sanctions. Although the division races should provide plenty of entertainment, if you're interested purely in quality and the story lines that go along with it, watch Ohio State chase a perfect season and, who knows, maybe an AP national championship. Watch Miller push for the Heisman Trophy. Watch the Buckeyes offense take aim on Meyer's stated goal of triple digits in points.

Comment

• Damn shame Ohio will not be in the CCG, kicking their ass three times in a row would of had its appeal. Bitch slappin' Wisconsin will have to suffice.

Go Blue!
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I like your spirit, OP!

And I tell ya, if Hoke is ever, EVER, going to win his first title of ANY kind of ANY sort in ANY league for ANY school as a head football coach, this year is his best shot.

Comment

• I really hate Talent...more than ever.

The only saving grace here is...NU is 1-1 against tOSU now...

<insert the obligatory Bauserman and Fickell comment here>
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Careful don't encourage them. BuckNuts....insert? Sick.

Yeah Talent, it's now or never.

Next year we get to enjoy WR/QB Gardner or freshman Morris (who missed his senior year of playing with mono) at the helm. Fun times, I can already hear the pissing and moaning by our coaching staff.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 8, 2012, 08:45 AM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• It's not now or never. It's now or wait year or two. But in a year or two, it will be a full-on UFM OSU team on the other side, most likely. Thanks to the infernal idiocy of Delaney & Co., I suspect we'll start seeing those back-to-back games on a regular basis starting in 2014.

I'm already getting anxious about losing Braxton after 2014.

Comment

• I can't blame them, I actually have a buddy in the NFL who signed 100M contact, his life changed forever at that point, you only live once, better grab it while you can.

Average NFL shelf life, 3 years on O, 6 years on D and according to SI, 70% bankruptcy after three years post NFL, nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X